Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Fickle fans at the Lane. Would have won easily were it not for Krul, but really this Soldado chap has no presence and could not hot a barn door if sitting on the handle Tim Kruhl had stood still and invited him to shoot at the empty net.

Is Lloris starting today? Surely he must be if he was fit enough to continue last week?

Makes a total mockery of AVB's assertion that Lloris was fit to continue last weekend and everything was done by the book, even after the keeper said he didn't remember the contact and subsequently it was reported today he hasn't felt well all week.This is not some joke its a players future health and wellbeing. AVB's compounds his posturing by criticising his critics in a few mumbling interviews. Naive ,stupid ,irresponsible watching him when the accident happened was like watching a deer caught in the headlights,he didn't have a clue what to do and ignored his medical staff.

Plenty of ex Rugby players and boxers out there with slurred speech and constant headaches

• Like 2

Its a Krul world....................... A brave Newcastle and a clueless Spurs .If you are going to play at home with one striker pick a bloke who can find the back of the net and not just from penalties.

Defoe must be hoping in January he can get out and play some football.

Is Lloris starting today? Surely he must be if he was fit enough to continue last week?

Makes a total mockery of AVB's assertion that Lloris was fit to continue last weekend and everything was done by the book, even after the keeper said he didn't remember the contact and subsequently it was reported today he hasn't felt well all week.This is not some joke its a players future health and wellbeing. AVB's compounds his posturing by criticising his critics in a few mumbling interviews. Naive ,stupid ,irresponsible watching him when the accident happened was like watching a deer caught in the headlights,he didn't have a clue what to do and ignored his medical staff.

Plenty of ex Rugby players and boxers out there with slurred speech and constant headaches

Talking <deleted> again and i'll repeat what i already said :

Have to laugh at all these do gooders saying Lloris "should have come off" whats it got to do with anyone apart from Spurs, Lloris and Lloris 's family.

And anyway

Head of Medical Services Wayne Diesel said: "Once the relevant tests and assessments were carried out we were totally satisfied that he was fit to continue playing."

Have to laugh at all these do gooders saying Lloris "should have come off" whats it got to do with anyone apart from Spurs, Lloris and Lloris 's family.

And anyway

Head of Medical Services Wayne Diesel said: "Once the relevant tests and assessments were carried out we were totally satisfied that he was fit to continue playing."

Apparently he has been feeling unwell all week that is why he never played today.......AVB keeps making a tit of himself.

Good performance by Tim Krul today Afie.

• Like 1

Quite ironic really as probaly the most chances we've created all season.Shame we had only one sub left at HT as it meant we couldn't introduce a more attacking player such as Lamela for Sig at half time as 11 passes for Sig shows how much out of the game he was.The high line looked a little bit dodgy in the first half without Lloris but that seemed to be rectified at half time perhaps with Kaboul coming on helping.

Defoe was his usual unproductive self when coming on, although it was for 21 mins he only managed to pass the ball 3 times, no shots no dribbles in fact no anything oh apart from being offside once which was 50% of the teams offsides.

Dembele and Paulinho looked a bit out of sorts but at least we have ready made replacements to step in so no panicking there.

Edited by alfieconn

Lloris can't be expected to realise he is in danger, his family were nowhere to be seen and pitchside analysis isn't enough to determin brain damage. Sometime do gooders do good and laughing is probably not waranted in this case. As far as I'm aware nobody has yet died from concussion in sport but they have had complications. Unfortunately other sports have not been so lucky.

Would you have shouted this --- “Stop your bitching and moaning and quit acting like a pussy and get back out there Sheely!”---at Dan Sheely?

Dan was 14 and died later from concussion related injuries.

I'm sorry to be so serious, but sometimes people need to think about things before they spout off about do gooders and claiming that the team will always look after the player, some people are actually going throough this now. I'm sure Lloris's family will be very happy with everybody involved should anything happen in the future.

Dunno if we will take points at Old Trafford but the stage is now set for a potential and remarkable lead over several competitors previously judged to have much deeper resources than us. I can't believe how Chelsea and City have stuttered so badly away from home this season.

Edited by SantiSuk

Tottenham are proving they are not very good. their present position is down to dubious penalties, and the manger ain't got a clue.

Bring back ardiles. At least he sent out teams worth watching.

Concntrate on the UEFA league, coz u will not get near UCL

AVB woz kicked out from Chelsea for good reason. Maybe now you are beginning to understand why.

Dunno if we will take points at Old Trafford but the stage is now set for a potential and remarkable lead over several competitors previously judged to have much deeper resources than us. I can't believe how Chelsea and City have stuttered so badly away from home this season.

Smarm off somewhere else Santi! biggrin.png

Quite ironic really as probaly the most chances we've created all season.Shame we had only one sub left at HT as it meant we couldn't introduce a more attacking player such as Lamela for Sig at half time as 11 passes for Sig shows how much out of the game he was.The high line looked a little bit dodgy in the first half without Lloris but that seemed to be rectified at half time perhaps with Kaboul coming on helping.

Defoe was his usual unproductive self when coming on, although it was for 21 mins he only managed to pass the ball 3 times, no shots no dribbles in fact no anything oh apart from being offside once which was 50% of the teams offsides.

Dembele and Paulinho looked a bit out of sorts but at least we have ready made replacements to step in so no panicking there.

Should have brought Lamela on and not Defoe....but we all have the benefit of hindsight. Tim Krul was excellent as Nads said.

Still....we are lacking a leader in the attack.....worrying at this time of the season.

Smarm off somewhere else Santi! biggrin.png

Sorry, not intended - I wondered what had happened to this post when I didn't see it in the Arsenal thread

• Like 1

Tottenham are proving they are not very good. their present position is down to dubious penalties, and the manger ain't got a clue.

AVB woz kicked out from Chelsea for good reason. Maybe now you are beginning to understand why.

Yes, Chelsea are doing so much better...oh hang on what was that about dubious penalties....................?

Let's get to Xmas and see where we all are......

ps That's what grown up supporters base their predictions on..

• Like 1

Should have brought Lamela on and not Defoe....but we all have the benefit of hindsight. Tim Krul was excellent as Nads said.

Still....we are lacking a leader in the attack.....worrying at this time of the season.

Yup, quite right smokes, Soldado was pathetic... as they say in the bookies....."you've done your money"

Bruv, ya don't understand da game of football, innit. Me think ya post like a numb nut innit bruv

• Like 2

And anyway

How can he be fit to play on but then not fit on medical advice to play a week later? Left out on medical advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24889967

How things change eh boys......just a couple of weeks ago you was saying take a look at the table biggrin.png Moyse is crap and United are in decline blah blah blah ....

The truth is you are crap and AVB will be lucky to last the season laugh.png

• Like 2

I agree as others have said like Carms once they start going in you will blow teams away however your lack of goals must be slightly worrying. You have a 27million striker who did get service yesterday and didn't hit the target enough.

Only the bottom 3 have scored left goals than you.

Moral of the story is: thank god for penalties!!! whistling.gif

Edited by YoungBrit

How things change eh boys......just a couple of weeks ago you was saying take a look at the table biggrin.png Moyse is crap and United are in decline blah blah blah ....

It's still early but if Spurs don't get it together and start winning/scoring I think Mr Levy might start asking who actually wanted this 60 million duo flop, was it AVB or Baldini? I think get 85 for Bale and losing 60 on these two might make Daniel a very unhappy man.

I agree as others have said like Carms once they start going in you will blow teams away however your lack of goals must be slightly worrying. You have a 27million striker who did get service yesterday and didn't hit the target enough.

Only the bottom 3 have scored left goals than you.

Moral of the story is: thank god for penalties!!! whistling.gif

It was a funny old game! 65% possession and 31 goal attempts. We created a lot and were thwarted by some brilliant goalkeeping.

However, Sigurdsson was anonymous and a hard fact to swallow is that he and Townsend failed to complete a single pass to Soldado. I feel sorry for the guy, its not his fault.

We should imho started with Lamela right, Townsend left. It was obvious that a change was needed at half time but AVB didn't do it. Why?

Theres been a lot of crap posted on here in the aftermath of that defeat but i am very relaxed about things, happy with much of that display but i just don't understand why he's not playing Lamela. This is really starting to irritate me. Nearly as much as Townsends wastage!

It's still early but if Spurs don't get it together and start winning/scoring I think Mr Levy might start asking who actually wanted this 60 million duo flop, was it AVB or Baldini? I think get 85 for Bale and losing 60 on these two might make Daniel a very unhappy man.

Explain please