Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Do 1 the lot of ya. biggrin.png

Nice to hear the Rumours where wrong SMOKIE and you had NOT gone up in Smoke, whistling.gifclap2.gif

BT coffee1.gif

We'll finish higher than your geriatric and kid formula my hairy toed buddy....Sherwood and his merry men will see to that.

Interesting paragraph from The Guardian

The alternative reading to the drafting in of Sherwood as the club's manager takes in words like "gamble" and asks searching questions. Given his lack of a track record, how many leading players would want to sign for him during the January transfer window? Given his elevation from the youth set-up, how many of the first-team squad can truly look at him and see their boss? Many of the younger ones will not remember his playing days, when he lifted the Premier League trophy with Blackburn in 1995 and won three England caps.

Sherwood must get results, find an attractive style of play, appease Baldini by getting more out of the club's expensive summer signings and restore morale in general. All this, as he tries to operate on a game-to-game basis.

Tough job for Sherwood. You have to wonder what the directive is from the top. Are Spurs suppose to win NOW by bringing back flotsam Adebaywhore ? Throwing Bambi Lamela to the wolves come what may ? Does Levy really expect Sherwood to turn it around NOW and compete for CL qualification ?

It'll sure be interesting to see what changes in personnel and strategy are in store.coffee1.gif

These questions would benefit from the input of one Carmine. Come on back Carmine. Put down the machete.biggrin.png

Tough job for Sherwood. You have to wonder what the directive is from the top. Are Spurs suppose to win NOW by bringing back flotsam Adebaywhore ? Throwing Bambi Lamela to the wolves come what may ? Does Levy really expect Sherwood to turn it around NOW and compete for CL qualification ?

It'll sure be interesting to see what changes in personnel and strategy are in store.coffee1.gif

These questions would benefit from the input of one Carmine. Come on back Carmine. Put down the machete.biggrin.png

I would really like to hear Carmines objective analysis of the whole fiasco......seriously.

Of course jokes have been made but that's expected, but let's hear some real nuts and bolts stuff, not about us but about the Spurs current situation. I promise to give you an uninterrupted ear.

The directive will be to put some high tempo attacking football back in the team.

Right now, win or lose, it's all about how they play with Sherwood at the helm,

and if he's successful he'll get the job permanently, otherwise he'll go back to his

previous position as technical coordinator when a new manager arrives.

Do 1 the lot of ya. biggrin.png

Nice to hear the Rumours where wrong SMOKIE and you had NOT gone up in Smoke, whistling.gifclap2.gif

BT coffee1.gif

We'll finish higher than your geriatric and kid formula my hairy toed buddy....Sherwood and his merry men will see to that.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif When was the last time your club finished higher than us ???

Stability my man as I have said before, you had one Manager in 2013 and Won ???? Nothing whistling.gif Both our managers in 2013 have BOTH won Silverware clap2.gif

2014 might hopefully be better for wee team facepalm.gif

Have a great Christmas everyone and a Happy and exciting 2014 New Year.

BT biggrin.png

Edited by BIGTOE3

Tottenham interim manager Tim Sherwood fears Andros Townsend could be sidelined for a while after he injured his hamstring during the League Cup defeat by West Ham. When asked whether the 22-year-old would be out for a considerable time, Spurs’ caretaker manager Tim Sherwood replied: “It looks like it. It looks like he pulled up with a hamstring.”

Seems to be getting to Tim already.

Tottenham have been plunged into crisis after Tim Sherwood admitted he doesn’t know who will be in charge for Sunday’s Barclays Premier League clash at Southampton.

"I’m waking up thinking about footballers. I said the other day I slept like a baby – I woke up crying four times in the middle of the night".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2526131/Spurs-crisis-Tim-Sherwood-admits-doesnt-know-charge-team-duties-Sundays-clash-Southampton.html

What needs to happen at Spurs now is teh attention turn on Baldini and Levy....it is about time the fans manned up and go for the real problem at the club.

Well done to West Ham and Mr fatheed!!

"Can we play you every week"

Hi Carmswai.gif

Don't wait for an answer from Carms - He must be on Holiday with Alfie facepalm.gif and Smokies cheesy.gif Great last 2o mins at WHL and Brill Result for Big Sam.

Defoe made their goal and what do the Spurs call him, ??? Adeylawhore scored for them blink.png Oh Dear Oh Dear NO STABILITY there then coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png Must say though that Levy's face did not change SO no change then at WHL biggrin.png

Hi Carmswai.gif

Don't wait for an answer from Carms - He must be on Holiday with Alfie facepalm.gif and Smokies cheesy.gif Great last 2o mins at WHL and Brill Result for Big Sam.

Defoe made their goal and what do the Spurs call him, ??? Adeylawhore scored for them blink.png Oh Dear Oh Dear NO STABILITY there then coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png Must say though that Levy's face did not change SO no change then at WHL biggrin.png

“Maiga, he scored at White Hart Lane; he’s better than Jermain”, chorused the visiting fans in a dig at their former forward Jermain Defoe.

They also sang “you’re getting sacked in the morning’’ to Sherwood.

Bless you my little 'appy 'ammers.

biggrin.png

Oh, and interesting to see that Soldaduddo was left on the bench all night, obviously it's not only AVB who thinks he's in the wrong country. I expect him to be off in January if not the summer.

And if Baldini is the man responsible for his purchase, his days might be numbered, too.

Oh, and interesting to see that Soldaduddo was left on the bench all night, obviously it's not only AVB who thinks he's in the wrong country. I expect him to be off in January if not the summer.

And if Baldini is the man responsible for his purchase, his days might be numbered, too.

Off to where and for how much?

Can't see Spurs getting back half of what they paid.

Seems they've frittered away all the Bale money, they would have been better to have bought two really good players.

There's been a lot of money for Murat Yakin, from nowhere to 9/1

Edited by uptheos

Haven't Spurs drawn Arsenal in the cup as well must be a desperate time to be a Spurs fan still the Europa cup is available to them although the top 4 finish could now very easily be turned into a manager-less relegation battle cheesy.gif

Two wins at the lane for the Hammers this year,I'm in football heaven.

Great win.

I am in Thai Visa heaven, as these latest Spurs performances, coupled with the sacking of AVB (who no way will be sacked), has got rid of the nonces rijiit and iancnx, less nonsensical comments from Alfie. Smokies on the p!ss and nobodys heard from carmine. cheesy.gif

Its a much less aggressive place on herethumbsup.gif. Delusions of grandeur have disappeared, for good hopefully.

Unless carmine fights his way back from severe depression, I fear this thread may well close down due to lack of interestgiggle.gif

"One could sit like this forever."

- Erich Maria Remarque, All Quiet On The Western front

Carmine Last active Today,16:16

Alfie Last active 59 minutes ago

Hi Carmine and Alfie, seeing as you're both with us every day, in body if not in voice, I thought I'd share the latest rumour I've just heard about your Spanish super striker Soldadud.

Apparently he's requested that he only be considered for European games in the future.

He says that playing against other EPL teams doesn't suit his style of play. He's upset because they're far too organized so he can't score against them.whistling.gif whistling.gif wai2.gif wai2.gif

Edited by sumrit