Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Here's a photo shot at the instance when Paulinho played the ball to Vertonghen,

not only that he's in his own half, but the last Sunderland player is 6yards ahead of him

in his half!

And look where the ref's position is, right up with play!

Unbelievable decision. xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs1m3Bc

attachicon.gif365_sport_03_2015_01_17_23_51_01_3.png

Ahem .... "a player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent".

Vertonghen is in an "offside position", but that in itself is not an offence. It's not an offence when inter-alia he's in his own half (by a country mile too!).

Mike Riley must be feeling pretty uncomfortable about his flock this season.

[ex-officiating (and officious) member of footy threadslaugh.png ]

One day football will modernise in the same way as rugby and NHL has, then all this cr@p will be a thing of the past.

I guffaw at your naivety.wai2.gif

Go ahead, but I'm in god company when it comes to football thinkers. [i'll let that typo stand for oncetongue.png ]

"on the penalty…

My initial reaction from the bench was that it was a penalty. Somebody told me that we were a bit fortunate to get it, but from the bench it looked a penalty. I have to watch it again.

on if he has sympathy with referees…

I’ve always defended that. It goes for both teams. You’re right - it’s a quick and instant decision that the referee has to make. I’ve always been for supported help for situations like offsides or penalties."

[Wenger's post-match comments last night]

Will you listened to your selves ! 'Wake up feeling ashamed of themselve' ,, really ! they made a mistake. so <deleted> what, it happens. And how do i feel? no.diferent than when a stone wall pens turned down or when a throw in wasn't

given our way and they went on and scored, thats life /football move on ,,,cheated!!! get a grip.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Saying that last time he got a.few games b4 he got injured he just started to look ok ish and in his defwnce

, it was a touch unfair expecting him to play at left bac for so long, sure for a couple of games he can cope but longwr he was always gonna get found out and he never really recovered from that and once walker was bac seems he wasnt hapi just being on the bench so fair play to him, 5 mil seems a fair price wish him well

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Well that's convinced me even more, we need a class creative player to play in the defensive two and a class attacking wide player / forward, out of last nights team Mason and Townsend are just not good enough sad.png

Townsend has been playing like that all season, but Poch seems to rate him, in defence to Mason,

he only just come back from the injury against Chelsea.

I think Poch's experiment last night with Adebayor up front and Kane playing behind him didn't

work, imo Kane plays better when he's the leading striker, not a no10, that's Eriksen's best position.

Last night we didn't have a left sided attacking player, Eriksen & Kane seemed to be playing in the same position which caused too much congestion in the middle attacking area, and with only Townsend playing wide right, hence not much creativity and no balance in the team.

Poch, needs to look at that starting 11 and take some blame.

We need to improve on that in the 2nd leg, otherwise ???

One plus for me, was Stambouli played well and seems to be improving with every game.

Edited by sotsira

Well that's convinced me even more, we need a class creative player to play in the defensive two and a class attacking wide player / forward, out of last nights team Mason and Townsend are just not good enough sad.png

Townsend has been playing like that all season, but Poch seems to rate him, in defence to Mason,

he only just come back from the injury against Chelsea.

I think Poch's experiment last night with Adebayor up front and Kane playing behind him didn't

work, imo Kane plays better when he's the leading striker, not a no10, that's Eriksen's best position.

Last night we didn't have a left sided attacking player, Eriksen & Kane seemed to be playing in the same position which caused too much congestion in the middle attacking area, and with only Townsend playing wide right, hence not much creativity and no balance in the team.

Poch, needs to look at that starting 11 and take some blame.

We need to improve on that in the 2nd leg, otherwise ???

One plus for me, was Stambouli played well and seems to be improving with every game.

I don't think Poch does rate him, more a case of not having anyone else, being as Chadli and Lamela were not available, so Pochs hands were tied some what.

Obviously that's the same reason he had to play Kane as a No.10.

mmm, personally thought stambouli was poor got caught in poss'cion to many times and made unforced errors

almost like he wasnt prepared for this type of game,,, which of its type was typical,,thought we just only just, if only for the 65 % possession

deserved the win, but overall wouldn't have begrudged them a draw or even a nicked win!!! they did their jobs well,effectively better than us

However it may well suit us at their place, to a point, they will have to come at us. oh looks addeboy dont really suit poh's tempo style, when the

ball hits him its almost like the play slows down/ stops,, anyway half time and its 1-0 to us, so all to play for

Didn't get to see this game but by all accounts a dismal game, with a team selection that was asking for trouble. Yet we could have gotten away with it bar our continual inability to hold a lead.

Only plus point to take from this is that we needed to reduce the amount of games we are playing. Thats 37 now and were still in january.

What i do find sad about current day football is the way the grand old FA Cup has been devalued by big money and the CL. Theres not enough dosh in the cup for the bigger clubs and its created a situation where getting top is considered more important than winning a trophy. Can't be good for the game.

My doctor said I should avoid any unnecessary excitement.
So I've started supporting Tottenham Hotspur...................................................coffee1.gif

It's getting closer---

Saturday, February 7,
White Hart Lane......The Arsenal
  • Like 1

Didn't get to see this game but by all accounts a dismal game, with a team selection that was asking for trouble. Yet we could have gotten away with it bar our continual inability to hold a lead.

Only plus point to take from this is that we needed to reduce the amount of games we are playing. Thats 37 now and were still in january.

What i do find sad about current day football is the way the grand old FA Cup has been devalued by big money and the CL. Theres not enough dosh in the cup for the bigger clubs and its created a situation where getting top is considered more important than winning a trophy. Can't be good for the game.

What a load of bollarks!!

Ask Cambridge...Bradford...Boro et al if they feel it has been devalued.

Current day football especially today has been given a massive boost by the results of yesterday and the magic and history of the FA Cup also.

<deleted> the big clubs and that includes United if they think that not trying to win the FA CUP because of money......but i think you are wrong and need to suck some lemons this morning with the chavs and bitters!

• Like 1

What a load of bollarks!!

Ask Cambridge...Bradford...Boro et al if they feel it has been devalued.

Current day football especially today has been given a massive boost by the results of yesterday and the magic and history of the FA Cup also.

<deleted> the big clubs and that includes United if they think that not trying to win the FA CUP because of money......but i think you are wrong and need to suck some lemons this morning with the chavs and bitters!

I meant devalued by the bigger clubs which is what i posted, not by the like of Bradford, Cambridge ect, you numpty!! facepalm.gif

Read before you post Mr Ed then you won't make a "bollarks" reply. biggrin.png

But it hasn't been devalued by the bigger clubs mate.....some of them just get turfed out yesterday by the minnows and there supporters are disappointed tongue.png

Or are you seriously saying they all meant to lose!!!! cheesy.gif

I expect better posts from you with reason not &lt;deleted&gt; especially on the sabbath.

But it hasn't been devalued by the bigger clubs mate.....some of them just get turfed out yesterday by the minnows and there supporters are disappointed tongue.png

I expect better posts from you with reason not <deleted> especially on the sabbath.

A note to the wise slow lad.....you're having an off day. wink.png

• Like 1

The way to tell if a club takes the FA Cup seriously or not, is by their

team selection, weakened or not?

Obviously Tottenham and Chelsea felt it wasn't so important, hence why they

both fielded weakened teams and paid the price by getting knocked out.

It would probably not have been the case, if they didn't have the midweek

2nd leg semi finals coming up.

As for Man City, they were practically at full strength, so even less of an excuse.

Man Utd, on the other hand are taking the FA Cup as a first priority this season as they

have no other competition to compete in. biggrin.png They also have a very good chance to win

it now too, together with Arsenal and Liverpool.

I expect better posts from you with reason not <deleted> especially on the sabbath.

A note to the wise slow lad.....you're having an off day. wink.png

cheesy.gif I am having a wonderful day.

Speak for yourself.

thumbsup.gif

As for Man City, they were practically at full strength, so even less of an excuse.

Man Utd, on the other hand are taking the FA Cup as a first priority this season as they

have no other competition to compete in. biggrin.png They also have a very good chance to win

It's about time they considered the fans, I guarantee nearly every supporter would love to win the FA Cup!

You think the League Cup is more important? laugh.png

It's about time they considered the fans, I guarantee nearly every supporter would love to win the FA Cup!

Both cups are important to the fans, it's just unfortunate that this FA Cup tie was

sandwiched in-between the 2 legged semi final we're involved in, otherwise we

could have fielded a full strength team.

Both cups are important to the fans, it's just unfortunate that this FA Cup tie was

sandwiched in-between the 2 legged semi final we're involved in, otherwise we

could have fielded a full strength team.

I know, but it's a shame that players nowadays have the inability to play two games a week.