Tottenham Thread

chonabot

This Kane hype just gone mad. Yes, he's been fantastic. I love the endless enthusiasm, the energy, pressing, running that is also seen our other academy homegrowns but i wish the press would just take a step back and remember he's better judged at the end of the season.

He's gone through somewhat of a purple patch but fans should remind themselves home the sports press just love to overhype someone in order to rip them down.

I'd also like our fans to keep reminding themselves of our other academy players who are doing a fine job and running their socks off for the cause. Its this group of lads that have totally embraced the managers philosophy to create the type of "team performances" against Chelsea and Arsenal.

I totally agree with your observation regarding the hype, and you are right, people should take a step back and judge Harry Kane after he has more games under his belt. Turn the clock back a year and a bit, we could be talking about Adnan Januzaj at Manchester United. Remember all the hype about him after just a few games? He was going to be the saviour of English football, calls for the rules to be altered so he could be fast tracked as an English qualified player so a team could be built around him etc etc. Fast forward to today where he can't get a game and they are struggling to find somewhere they can offload him on loan. Of course Kane is an exciting prospect, no doubt about that, but that's all he is at this stage, there will come a time when he goes through a patch of poor form and the sniping will start.

Real Madrid are scouting Tottenham star Harry Kane amid talk about a transfer at the end of the season.

Kane has been one of the success stories of the season so far, scoring 22 goals in 34 matches.

Madrid were linked with a surprise move for the 21-year-old recently, and now the Evening Standard has revealed that the Champions League winners have been in England to watch Kane in action.

Real scouts have seen three of Kane’s recent games and will no doubt have been impressed with what they’ve seen.

biggrin.png

As as team tonight goes i'm hoping he sticks with the same starting eleven. Think Dier especially is most suited to this one as he's a better ball playing cb whereas Fazio's big strength is in the air and dealing with physicality. I'm always worried about Rose being caught out of position and letting them get in behind but his performance last time out merits a start again. Same same please.

make you right about dier, but i reckon he'll go with davies instead of rose gives less attacking wise, but a bit more solid defensively

but now sterling's out ,,, borine 2 ,,,mark up front???? i rate him but ,,,,, HAPI DAYS

Edited by rijit

As as team tonight goes i'm hoping he sticks with the same starting eleven. Think Dier especially is most suited to this one as he's a better ball playing cb whereas Fazio's big strength is in the air and dealing with physicality. I'm always worried about Rose being caught out of position and letting them get in behind but his performance last time out merits a start again. Same same please.

make you right about dier, but i reckon he'll go with davies instead of rose gives less attacking wise, but a bit more solid defensively

but now sterling's out ,,, borine 2 ,,,mark up front???? i rate him but ,,,,, HAPI DAYS

Borini? I don't think so fella...Sterling and Lucas may be out but you went get it that easy at the back

• Like 1

Decent game to watch . No shame

losing to the odd goal in 5 @.anfield. owen

saying it was the best prem game he'd seen

This season, seems he aint been.watching us . reckon it would just fit in the top half dozen but the best ,, nah. Anyways, i agree with what neville said, at the end this spurs team were annoyed they lost and tempers

were frayed . I really like that in a team,,, think utd ,leeds , liverpool in their pomp they just hated losing and almost see it as they shouldnt. potts has installed that mentallity into them And how about white hart kane,, made me smile.The futures bright. Close season time for rose to go !!! £ 265 for a cup final ticket a fuckin rip off ....but i`m almost tempted

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Oh and After playing the arse wipes at arguably an even highet tempo on sunday and than 2 days later to be able to it play in another highish tempo game and show no signs of tiring ,,, what a credit to potts fitness regime

Edited by rijit

markovic's shot bobbled a wee bit yeah but i'd still expect a goalkeeper of lloris' quality to save it.

Oh yes i agree. Think Lloris was a bit embarrassed tbh. He knew it should have been saved regardless. Bit harsh to pick holes in him, this season in particular. He's been fantastic but i wish he'd save those ones for the likes of QPR.

This Kane hype just gone mad. Yes, he's been fantastic. I love the endless enthusiasm, the energy, pressing, running that is also seen our other academy homegrowns but i wish the press would just take a step back and remember he's better judged at the end of the season.

He's gone through somewhat of a purple patch but fans should remind themselves home the sports press just love to overhype someone in order to rip them down.

I'd also like our fans to keep reminding themselves of our other academy players who are doing a fine job and running their socks off for the cause. Its this group of lads that have totally embraced the managers philosophy to create the type of "team performances" against Chelsea and Arsenal.

I totally agree with your observation regarding the hype, and you are right, people should take a step back and judge Harry Kane after he has more games under his belt. Turn the clock back a year and a bit, we could be talking about Adnan Januzaj at Manchester United. Remember all the hype about him after just a few games? He was going to be the saviour of English football, calls for the rules to be altered so he could be fast tracked as an English qualified player so a team could be built around him etc etc. Fast forward to today where he can't get a game and they are struggling to find somewhere they can offload him on loan. Of course Kane is an exciting prospect, no doubt about that, but that's all he is at this stage, there will come a time when he goes through a patch of poor form and the sniping will start.

Theres a number of United players that have regressed since LVG took over. Intact the only one that he's improved is Young! De Geas been very good but the goalkeeping coach takes the credit there surely.

Lots of good things to see in this team alfie, not the least the hunger and the self belief. With a bit of fine tuning ie more fire power up front and maybe a little tinkering at the bac, could we challenge the chavs or man city? Probably beat them on the day but atm over a season i reckon we' d probably struggle but i dont reckon its that far away

Ooooo have some bitter with your sour grapes. :)

Hardly chicoq....we beat you...and we're still smiling right through the summer! ;)
Must be nice to have such low expectations :)
Got many cup finals lined up sad boy?

One thing that's good to see in the last couple of game is that that has been the youngest team put out in the premier league this season !

yea. many academy players shining now.

what a waste all the money from Bale's sale down the drain....only a handful 'imports' made their mark.

One thing that's good to see in the last couple of game is that that has been the youngest team put out in the premier league this season !

what a waste all the money from Bale's sale down the drain....only a handful 'imports' made their mark.

It wasn't all wasted money. As the weeks go by players are improving too. Ofcourse Soldado's been a flop and Chiriches simply not up to the required standard but to say its wasted money is simply not the case.

As i understand it Pochettino watches all the youth teams on a regular basis so i hope and think we can expect to see even more youngsters coming through the ranks.

I'm now actually excited with the team and getting more and more impressed with the attitude that our manager has installed in the squad. Those who were not prepared to work hard enough and embrace his ways have been rooted out and players such as Vertonghen that didn't get on with Sherwood have improved massively in performance and attitude our Poch. Dembele is improving with every game and even Paulinho is starting to show willing.

Forget about the disappointing loss at Anfield, these are good times to be a Tottenham supporter and signs are were going to continue to improve.

• Like 1

It wasn't all wasted money. As the weeks go by players are improving too. Ofcourse Soldado's been a flop and Chiriches simply not up to the required standard but to say its wasted money is simply not the case.

As i understand it Pochettino watches all the youth teams on a regular basis so i hope and think we can expect to see even more youngsters coming through the ranks.

I'm now actually excited with the team and getting more and more impressed with the attitude that our manager has installed in the squad. Those who were not prepared to work hard enough and embrace his ways have been rooted out and players such as Vertonghen that didn't get on with Sherwood have improved massively in performance and attitude our Poch. Dembele is improving with every game and even Paulinho is starting to show willing.

Forget about the disappointing loss at Anfield, these are good times to be a Tottenham supporter and signs are were going to continue to improve.

Yep, the transitional period is going very smooth,just need to get rid of some of the dead wood at the end of the season, bring in a couple of experienced players, bring back the likes of Pritchard and Ali from loans, all the youngsters a bit more experienced and we should be up and running for next season !

Yep, the transitional period is going very smooth,just need to get rid of some of the dead wood at the end of the season, bring in a couple of experienced players, bring back the likes of Pritchard and Ali from loans, all the youngsters a bit more experienced and we should be up and running for next season !

Pocchy is doing well and he knows who to keep and who he doesn't want.