Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So if bale does go in search of champ's league footie, who would you like to replace him, me? I wouldn't mind Yuri Zhirkov from Chelsea, ive been impressed with him and think he's unfortunate to have cole and maybe 'muddled' in his way. If modric goes, well he's going to leave a big hole, he's not irreplaceable , no one is, but I'de be guessing if I said I had an idea who's good e'nuf 2 replace him.

Playing devils advocate here rij, but is Modric really as good as we think he is ;) his stats are not great for this season, played 33, goals 3, assists 3.

We talk about having a strong spine to a team, last year he played mostly on the left and we finish 4th, this year he played mostly centre mid and we finish 5th and you would have expected us to break downs team easier with him in centre mid but it wasn't to be.

I for one hope our central pairing next season is predominately Hudd and Sandro with Modric slotting in one of the other 3 midfield places :o.

Huddlestone being injured for most of last season cost us dear. If Bale is sold for silly money we should spend it on a striker and a central defender.

Move Modric out left and well.....buy another striker...etrc...etc...

Exactly right.

I'd rather lose Bale than Modders btw. I also agree to a point with Alf about his stats. Its true that at the moment everything comes off him and he's our most iportant player but i also think he's very replaceable. We should remember that we have Hudd who would fill in for part of Modric's role anyway.

As it stands right now, we should be looking like this

Gomes

Walker Dawson King Bale

Sandro Huddlestone

Lennon Van Der Vaart Modric

?

Lord alone knows what scrotum face will do, but i sincerely hope a certain Brazillian from Internacional joins us and would'nt mind a steady no frills keeper too. I've put walker in at right back as i really don't think we could be so stupid as to let Villa have him.

Well then who are we having off you this year,you being are feeder club? biggrin.gif

News coming shortly.........

I always thought clubs took players from their feeder clubs for a reasonable price as we did with Sandro @ 6m, not paying over the odds for them such as Berbs at 30m :D

Well then who are we having off you this year,you being are feeder club? biggrin.gif

Probably Modric. we'll make bundles and probably take back the premier league top scorer for free.

Gareth wants to hold out for a big club so its Real or Barca next year. :)

I always thought clubs took players from their feeder clubs for a reasonable price as we did with Sandro @ 6m, not paying over the odds for them such as Berbs at 30m :D

I'm no apologist for Bumbletop but i reckon he probably won 2 or 3 games that would not have been otherwise won, so maybe the £15m loss SAF is about to make on him will have been worth it.

I'm no apologist for Bumbletop but i reckon he probably won 2 or 3 games that would not have been otherwise won, so maybe the £15m loss SAF is about to make on him will have been worth it.

Hmmmmm.... so you think someone will pay 15m for Berbatov? (takes notes)

Interesting.....

Doesnt work on my calculator.

Yeah, looking at Modric's stats, they aren't great, and he should score a few more but thanks fuc footies not just about stat's, he's a GREAT player and would GRACE any team including Barcelona.

As for him and bale going to utd, well get your BIG BIG cheque out boy's, cos it will really cost you for those two. blink.gif And Berbie bac, I really hope not, but what the fuc does ari care, he's only got a year 18mths max left at spur's so berbie would see him through that and then jol's squad would be someone else's problem.jap.gif

I like doing business with Utd because they seem to have this overwhelming desire to hemorrhage large bundles of cash in our direction. I don't want to lose Modric but i have a feeling we can milk them stupid on this deal, to the point where Levy would personally drive him there. They take the piss calling us their feeder club but the real laughs on them.

The only problem is they are skint and i would demand cash upfront incase they financially implode.

Don't understand the talk about Bale. He's looking at a bigger club than Man Utd who can afford to buy him. :D

Friedal, has been a good keeper but he's 40 <deleted>, and I thought that it was really showing towards the late middle and the end of last season,Ari's really looking to the future!! pity the next manager at spur's he will have some serious rebuilding to do.jap.gif

Edited by rijit

Yeah, looking at Modric's stats, they aren't great, and he should score a few more but thanks fuc footies not just about stat's, he's a GREAT player and would GRACE any team including Barcelona.

As for him and bale going to utd, well get your BIG BIG cheque out boy's, cos it will really cost you for those two. blink.gif And Berbie bac, I really hope not, but what the fuc does ari care, he's only got a year 18mths max left at spur's so berbie would see him through that and then jol's squad would be someone else's problem.jap.gif

I have to say lets compare chances created rather than assists given our strikers were <deleted> last season.

Very unfair on Modric this.

I have to say lets compare chances created rather than assists given our strikers were <deleted> last season.

Very unfair on Modric this.

To be fair to rijit i started the post's about Modric, but i was just playing devils advocate ;)

I like doing business with Utd because they seem to have this overwhelming desire to hemorrhage large bundles of cash in our direction. I don't want to lose Modric but i have a feeling we can milk them stupid on this deal, to the point where Levy would personally drive him there. They take the piss calling us their feeder club but the real laughs on them.

The only problem is they are skint and i would demand cash upfront incase they financially implode.

Don't understand the talk about Bale. He's looking at a bigger club than Man Utd who can afford to buy him. :D

sorry carmine, but why is the laugh on them ?

do they or do they not win at least one or more major trophy a season and have been doing for god knows how long. by investing in their club by buying players they think will bolster their squad and reap the benefits.

where as your lot win what exactly ? even to the point where Levy and bagpuss fcuked up so much this year in the transfer windows by not buying. that you lost out in qualifying for the CL rolleyes.gif does that in itself not carry a huge financial win fall for the club if you count the revenue that can be made from qualifying from the group stages and going a long way in the knock-out rounds. whistling.gif

your lot make me ! yes, football is a business and if a club is managed in the right way can become a very successful outfit. something us non spuds find laughable about your club every year. in a word, they haven't got a scooby doo ! you know it and so do the rest of us. biggrin.gif

its the same old story every year though isnt it ? the big talk up, what great players you have at your club, what cups your going to win ! la la la yadda yadda yadda. and yet somehow everyone just seems to know how its going to turn.

something i must say i would find deeply annoying and infuriating if it were to happen at my club ! and before you even try to go there dont bother.

still if you like watching re runs of groundhog day, whatever. laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

do they or do they not win at least one or more major trophy a season and have been doing for god knows how long. by investing in their club by buying players they think will bolster their squad and reap the benefits.

where as your lot win what exactly ? even to the point where Levy and bagpuss fcuked up so much this year in the transfer windows by not buying. that you lost out in qualifying for the CL rolleyes.gif does that in itself not carry a huge financial win fall for the club if you count the revenue that can be made from qualifying from the group stages and going a long way in the knock-out rounds. whistling.gif

your lot make me ! yes, football is a business and if a club is managed in the right way can become a very successful outfit. something us non spuds find laughable about your club every year. in a word, they haven't got a scooby doo ! you know it and so do the rest of us. biggrin.gif

its the same old story every year though isnt it ? the big talk up, what great players you have at your club, what cups your going to win ! la la la yadda yadda yadda. and yet somehow everyone just seems to know how its going to turn.

something i must say i would find deeply annoying and infuriating if it were to happen at my club ! and before you even try to go there dont bother.

Yet another bitter and twister gooner. Feel the rage from within tigerfish. Go back to woolwich and stop ranting. And take santi aswell, he's sounding menapausal.

Theres some horrible draws to be had in the CL qualifiers you know. :)

I think that is wishful thinking as far as Arsenal are concerned. The qualifiers are seeded and as Arsenal has a high European coefficient they will be seeded which will guarantee that they miss all the dangerous clubs like Bayern, Lyon, Villerreal and Benfica. It is very good news for Man City because if they had been in the qualifiers they would not have been seeded and virtually guaranteed a tough draw.

I think that is wishful thinking as far as Arsenal are concerned. The qualifiers are seeded and as Arsenal has a high European coefficient they will be seeded which will guarantee that they miss all the dangerous clubs like Bayern, Lyon, Villerreal and Benfica. It is very good news for Man City because if they had been in the qualifiers they would not have been seeded and virtually guaranteed a tough draw.

What a shame about woolwich but thanks for the info abrak.

i still think that he of "no grace and little or no sense of sportsmanship" will throw his toys out again as they are always hard done by you know. ;)

I'd like to see City do well and will be interested to see how Mancini does as i think he may be a better manager in the CL than he is in the premier league.

Groundhog day???

CL Quarter Finals aint happening every year at the Lane fishface. That might explain why such nights are so special for us. Your lot might sneak in year after year but we all know you're destined to fail....and with Fabregass and Nasri leaving in the summer you'll be even more clueless.

Look at chances created in each game and pray we buy some decent strikers so we can have a real go at the top four is our angle.....yours will be same same yackety yak.....:blink:

Aye groundhog day fixation sums you lot up. :D

Groundhog day???

CL Quarter Finals aint happening every year at the Lane fishface. That might explain why such nights are so special for us. Your lot might sneak in year after year but we all know you're destined to fail....and with Fabregass and Nasri leaving in the summer you'll be even more clueless.

Look at chances created in each game and pray we buy some decent strikers so we can have a real go at the top four is our angle.....yours will be same same yackety yak.....:blink:

Aye groundhog day fixation sums you lot up. :D

Smokie, you're not suggesting that they'll be bullying and hammering all the smaller clubs early on and then implode when we get to the business end of the season are you?

Apparently Monsieur Wenger is going to stick to his policies next season aswell. So, an average to <deleted> goalkeeper and no cover across the back four it shall be!!! :lol: They'll win nothing again :)

as to be expected Larry and Lloyd go off on one about something completely different rather sticking to the point that was being discussed. rolleyes.gif

now why am i not surprised. whistling.gif

truth hurts hey lads ? biggrin.gif

Edited by tigerfish

I see that Grouch reportedly 'felt humiliated' (BBC sport website) when he was not called up for the England squad!!

I know how he feels - it's like when the girls stop calling out 'hello hansum man' (except in the very slow season). You are getting past it tall fella, get over it.

I'd take Berbatov back tomorrow, he's a class act. I can see him and VDV causing havoc as a partnership with Bale and Lennon flying down the wings. We desperately need two full backs though, plus a decent back up for Ledley!

Got to keep Modders at all costs and partner him with Sandro who has been a revelation.

Gomes will (hopefully) be gone and Friedel will do a for a couple of years.

I'd take Berbatov back tomorrow, he's a class act. I can see him and VDV causing havoc as a partnership with Bale and Lennon flying down the wings. We desperately need two full backs though, plus a decent back up for Ledley!

Got to keep Modders at all costs and partner him with Sandro who has been a revelation.

Gomes will (hopefully) be gone and Friedel will do a for a couple of years.

Looking at the bookies....

Berbatov is mildly favoured to remain at ManU but if he leaves - Newcastle are the favored destination. Spurs a long shot at 5/1

Looks like you will keep ...

Bale 1/6 on to stay and

VDV 1/12 on to stay

Modric looks almost evens between staying and a move to ManU.

The one player you are heavily favored - 1/3 on - to buy is Scott Parker.

Looks like our budget for a new forward is £10m, after offering that much for Leanardo and now Dembele :D

I read this <deleted> as well this morning.....left me morose.....I'm convinced its just the usual nonsense.

The forums make some depressing reading right now though......:blink:

Apart from the Henderson stuff....:lol:

Looks like our budget for a new forward is £10m, after offering that much for Leanardo and now Dembele :D

Obviously its all just speculation about how much we have to spend on a striker. However, the Leandro Damiao transfer concerns me because, as our affiliate club, we would have first shout, and if we can't make even this happen and are offering stupid derisory bids then we really are fcuked. Add to that the fact that he is only 21 years old and would need an experienced striker (no, i don't mean 3MP) to play alongside him.

What about Harry, and the vacancy in Chelsea?

While he awaits the England call.

Looking at the calendar, it's soon time for harry to "jump ship" anyhow.

;-)

Sorry, couldnt resist.

;-)

I hope you ncan tease him away from Sandra and skip off into the sunset together mate. Best of luck...B)

I am posting this here as my constant stalker Mr Conn took offence when I mentioned on the Man U thread, in relation to Spurs signing Phil Jones, that Spurs were desperately short of defenders.I was talking sh*t according to AC. This thread and not Uniteds might sem more appropriate

I might add I have my long time Spurs pal sitting alongside me bringing me up to scratch on stats. Seems against Birmingham (twice) West Ham, Wigan, Wolves, and Blackpool you dropped 15 points out of 18.Would that not suggest you have some defensive frailties ? as well as pop gun strikers. Any strong team is built from the back and what do you have?

King plays on one leg, Woodgate is history ,Gallas is increasingly, with age, picking up more injuries and Hutton out more than in and backed up by a keeper Gomes who couldn't catch a bus.Its litle wonder your goal difference ratio was so poor.

On top of that you have a Manager who insisted it had been a great year.He repeated this mantra many times.Well my mate here is wondering what a bad year would bring. Problem with Harry is he is not good enough to manage a top team and can't stop talking about who he would like to have in his squad. The Beckham saga went on for weeks, was never going to happen,Phil Neviile, Rio Ferdinand no matter who was mentioned he wanted them. You need to get rid of all your players out on loan or bring them home and sign a couple of top class youngish defenders. Signing a 40 year old keeper is also hardly looking to the future.

Finally to you Alf keep the personal abuse coming if it makes you feel better ,water off a ducks back to me,just cofirms your total inabilty to have any rational discussion or add anything to a forum that is in dire need of new participants

I am posting this here as my constant stalker Mr Conn took offence

If you think that picking you up on the b*llocks you talk about Spurs is being a stalker then i'm sorry about that.

when I mentioned on the Man U thread, in relation to Spurs signing Phil Jones, that Spurs were desperately short of defenders.I was talking sh*t according to AC. This thread and not Uniteds might sem more appropriate

At the most we need 1 experienced centre half, you mention bringing in 2 youngish players, i would have thought desperately short would have meant we needed a lot more than 2 ;)

I might add I have my long time Spurs pal sitting alongside me bringing me up to scratch on stats. Seems against Birmingham (twice) West Ham, Wigan, Wolves, and Blackpool you dropped 15 points out of 18.Would that not suggest you have some defensive frailties ? as well as pop gun strikers. Any strong team is built from the back and what do you have?

The problems we had last year in defence was more due to having to play different pairings in a lot of games due to injuries to kabout and Dawson, rather than defensive frailities.

King plays on one leg, Woodgate is history ,Gallas is increasingly, with age, picking up more injuries and Hutton out more than in and backed up by a keeper Gomes who couldn't catch a bus.Its litle wonder your goal difference ratio was so poor.

Our goal difference ratio being so poor was due to us not scoring enough, our goals against was similar to the other clubs around us in the league

On top of that you have a Manager who insisted it had been a great year.He repeated this mantra many times.Well my mate here is wondering what a bad year would bring. Problem with Harry is he is not good enough to manage a top team and can't stop talking about who he would like to have in his squad.

The Beckham saga went on for weeks, was never going to happen,Phil Neviile, Rio Ferdinand no matter who was mentioned he wanted them.

Thanks for all this, now tell us something we don't know :D

You need to get rid of all your players out on loan or bring them home

Admitted we need to get rid of some of our players on loan but why all of them ? likewise why would we want to bring all of of them home ?

and sign a couple of top class youngish defenders

who do you propose that are better than we already have

Signing a 40 year old keeper is also hardly looking to the future.

Bingo, the only correct statement you have made 41.gif

Finally to you Alf keep the personal abuse coming if it makes you feel better ,water off a ducks back to me,just cofirms your total inabilty to have any rational discussion or add anything to a forum that is in dire need of new participants

You do it quite a lot Sparks, you come on here like some kind of expert on Spurs telling us what we should and shouldn't be doing.

While you continue to do this i will continue to put you straight on all Spurs matters even if you want to call it abuse.