Tottenham Thread

chonabot

You can take Benayoun out. Take Sturridge out. Up the cash offer to £35m. Add Drogba. You got yourself a deal. smile.gif

I disagree smokie, Benayoun is an excellent and under rated player and given a run in the first team will bring a lot of craft to the midfield.

Sturridge would be an excellent buy, he's still young and he has a lot of talent, but you know what, I have a sneaking suspicion Liverpool might jump in there at the last minute as I think he would give them just the edge they need, so I hope Harry makes his mind up quick.

Neither of 'em is good enough for our top four side....simple as that.

Right - I completely forgot how strong your current squad is.

Can i just break the news about Modric to our ill informed visitors

He's not for sale.

I would add that it really does'nt matter what our lowlife manager says, what contradictory signals he puts out, Daniel Levy runs the club not Harry Redknapp.

Typical of Chelsea to tap up a player and then throw in derisory offers. And why on earth would we want players that can't even get into their geriatric midfield?

Everyone has an opinion Here's mine

I think Sturridge would be a good buy or loan better than defoe/couch he knows what the back of the net is.

I hope Modric stays and plays hard and doesn't resent being there.

Also what happened to getting samba from Blackburn?

Feel free to respond i want lose face

Friedal

Walker

Dawson

Kaboul

Bale

Lennon

Sandro

Huddlestone

Modric

Van Der Vaart

Abebayour

As it stands, the place of VDV is very much in doubt because if he isn't scoring his contribution is bugger all.

I'd have Ekotto at left back,Bale at left midfield with Modric on the bench :o:D

The Bale / Ekotto combination was one that worked best a couple of seasons ago, when Bale knew where he was playing, but I'm not sure about now he's all over the place and far less effective IMO. VDV is hit and miss, Spurs might like the idea of Adebayour but he's yet to convince me that he's worth what he's being paid- how will the dressing room react?. Modric might or might not turn it on depending on how he feels about the way things have been handled. Thank God for Friedal!

This looks like a very 'average' squad that will doubtfully be in the top five come Christmas.

Can i just break the news about Modric to our ill informed visitors

He's not for sale.

I would add that it really does'nt matter what our lowlife manager says, what contradictory signals he puts out, Daniel Levy runs the club not Harry Redknapp.

Typical of Chelsea to tap up a player and then throw in derisory offers. And why on earth would we want players that can't even get into their geriatric midfield?

Everyone has an opinion Here's mine

I think Sturridge would be a good buy or loan better than defoe/couch he knows what the back of the net is.

I hope Modric stays and plays hard and doesn't resent being there.

Also what happened to getting samba from Blackburn?

Feel free to respond i want lose face

I think you are right. Unfortunately Chelsea can afford to waste him on the bench as they spend a cool paranoid 50m on Torres. Thats the big problem with football.

Right again about Modric. Levy will offer him a new deal which hopefully will keep him happy for the season and we can sell him on for bigger bucks at the end of the season when its 'right for Spurs." I'd love it if Levy gazzumped Chelsea when we sell him!

Not really too bothered about what happened to the Samba deal as i would much prefer Cahill. Hopefully Levy does too.

You can take Benayoun out. Take Sturridge out. Up the cash offer to £35m. Add Drogba. You got yourself a deal. smile.gif

I disagree smokie, Benayoun is an excellent and under rated player and given a run in the first team will bring a lot of craft to the midfield.

Sturridge would be an excellent buy, he's still young and he has a lot of talent, but you know what, I have a sneaking suspicion Liverpool might jump in there at the last minute as I think he would give them just the edge they need, so I hope Harry makes his mind up quick.

Neither of 'em is good enough for our top four side....simple as that.

Right - I completely forgot how strong your current squad is.

We already have Krancjar who can't get a game most weeks along with Jenas and Livermore as back up in the midfield. Palacios is going to be sold.

As we will likely sell Crouch as well we can bring in another striker but I wouldn't want to see us do any business with Chelski now...I'd rather see Llorente brought in.

If we can't get a quality striker then Cahill to strengthen the defence.

The Bale / Ekotto combination was one that worked best a couple of seasons ago, when Bale knew where he was playing,

Me and my old pal carms are of the thinking that Bales form deteriated when teams started doubling up on him last season which wouldn't happen if he was at left back.

This looks like a very 'average' squad that will doubtfully be in the top five come Christmas.

To be fair ups, we're not too concerned with being in the top 5 at xmas as long as were in the top 4 at the end of the season :D

Spurs in decline.......

Another striker and a central defender is all we need .....even if we lose to Citeh all stars on Sunday its not panic time....although if the chairman was to decide to open his wallet that would be no bad thing either...biggrin.gif

I think his focus is still mostly on a new stadium however...which after all is in our best interests long term what with having over 20000 on our waiting list for season tickets. wink.gif

The Bale / Ekotto combination was one that worked best a couple of seasons ago, when Bale knew where he was playing,

Me and my old pal carms are of the thinking that Bales form deteriated when teams started doubling up on him last season which wouldn't happen if he was at left back.

To be fair ups, we're not too concerned with being in the top 5 at xmas as long as were in the top 4 at the end of the season :D

COYS ;-)

Right again about Modric. Levy will offer him a new deal which hopefully will keep him happy for the season and we can sell him on for bigger bucks at the end of the season when its 'right for Spurs." I'd love it if Levy gazzumped Chelsea when we sell him!

Not really too bothered about what happened to the Samba deal as i would much prefer Cahill. Hopefully Levy does too.

Yes, presuming that he is as good if not better player than last season and doesn't become another Torres and hope he doesn't sustain some injury that will make clubs back away.....otherwise you're right.....but a season is a long time.

I very much doubt if Cahill will go to Spurs - I think Chelsea or Arsenal might sneak in for him...........who knows perhaps even Man City, they don't need him, but what the heck it stops others getting him.

Good optimism alfie, you think the top teams won't strengthen any weaknesses in January?

Yes, presuming that he is as good if not better player than last season and doesn't become another Torres and hope he doesn't sustain some injury that will make clubs back away.....otherwise you're right.....but a season is a long time.

I very much doubt if Cahill will go to Spurs - I think Chelsea or Arsenal might sneak in for him...........who knows perhaps even Man City, they don't need him, but what the heck it stops others getting him.

A word to the wise, most of your post is drivel :o save the last line about moneybags buying so others can't and thats the only way they'll win the title. How satisfying that will be. :rolleyes:

Why would you doubt Cahill coming to us? Wenger does'nt believe in (buying) defenders or keepers and Chelsea have Luis and Alex to choose to partner that pox of an individual Terry. Terry is crap but he'll always play because he's a perfect fit for them and he's their Captain Fantastic :ermm::whistling: Pox of a club they are.

Modric usually stays free of injury (unlike Torres) except when his leg is broken, which i hope happens if he goes to Chelsea.

I've recently decded btw that i hate Chelsea atleast as much as Woolwich Arsenal, the team of wanderers in decline. Much like Wet Spam that completes my top three.

Edited by carmine

Good optimism alfie, you think the top teams won't strengthen any weaknesses in January?

I don't really understand the point you are making. Please explain.

Don't understand why you mentioned being in the top 5 at xmas ;)

Well at the moment we have as much chance as the goons and scousers in getting 4th, so why not :o

Just relating to your optimism of being in the top four at the end of the season.

If any of the teams in that area spot a weakness in their side by Xmas, they will buy and reinforce, in order not to let their position slip.

Maybe a Modric? wink.gif

Just relating to your optimism of being in the top four at the end of the season.

If any of the teams in that area spot a weakness in their side by Xmas, they will buy and reinforce, in order not to let their position slip.

Maybe a Modric? wink.gif

Or a Wilshere or Suarez if enough money is on the table. Still don't see its relevance now.

A word to the wise, most of your post is drivel :o save the last line about moneybags buying so others can't and thats the only way they'll win the title. How satisfying that will be. :rolleyes:

Why would you doubt Cahill coming to us? Wenger does'nt believe in (buying) defenders or keepers and Chelsea have Luis and Alex to choose to partner that pox of an individual Terry. Terry is crap but he'll always play because he's a perfect fit for them and he's their Captain Fantastic :ermm::whistling: Pox of a club they are.

Modric usually stays free of injury (unlike Torres) except when his leg is broken, which i hope happens if he goes to Chelsea.

I won't call your response drivel, just naive.

I didn't actually realise it was drivel to have an opinion and IMO Cahill will not go to Spurs - I think someone else will offer him more and at the moment Spurs are not looking like a Europe team, which is also a minus. I think Terry might have an influence whether Cahill goes to Chelsea or not.....we'll see.

To say Modric usually stays free of injury, is extremely naive in the context I am referring to. He might be fit and well now, but there's a lot of 'leg crunchers' out there and there might be one tackle he can't jump over - that's all. A broken leg or serious injury and that's his value gone down the pan for a while...it happens.....and no-one wants to buy.

Edited by uptheos

Maybe a Modric? wink.gif

Why on earth would we not consider ourselves a match for the Arsenal and Liverpool? City and Chelsea will just buy buy buy, Utd are genuinely the best side and then theres the other three.

The other thing i can fathom from your posts is that you are saying that if a team buys a players it strengthens their squad. However when Wenger bought Eboue even that theory was called into question.

i think in a round about way you are trying to suggest we are not as good as those other two, and while theres little of nothing to support that its ok because its just your opinion. i would however prefer to see a statements backed up by something.

Outsiders are welcome on the Tottenham thread are nonetheless (MrRed and Jimbo regularily appear on here to make fools of themselves :D ) and we do not expect or insist on the footballing knowledge and joie de vivre we are so accostomed to with Spurs followers. Welcome uptheos

I just hope you put the bitters in there place on Sunday biggrin.gif

I hope you lot get beat...Rooney suffers an injury and De Gea has a nervous breakdown....oh and a couple of red cards to boot would be nice...smile.gif

Edited by smokie36

I won't call your response drivel, just naive.

I didn't actually realise it was drivel to have an opinion and IMO Cahill will not go to Spurs - I think someone else will offer him more and at the moment Spurs are not looking like a Europe team, which is also a minus. I think Terry might have an influence whether Cahill goes to Chelsea or not.....we'll see.

To say Modric usually stays free of injury, is extremely naive in the context I am referring to. He might be fit and well now, but there's a lot of 'leg crunchers' out there and there might be one tackle he can't jump over - that's all. A broken leg or serious injury and that's his value gone down the pan for a while...it happens.....and no-one wants to buy.

Surely you can only theorize on the facts infront of you not what might or might not happen. i still don't see what you are getting at. Why is it naive to state that a player stays relatively injury free? On the basis we cannot see into the future isn't that the only salient statistic to take into consideration? Certainly not what might or might not happen.

I hope you lot get beat...Rooney suffers an injury and De Gea has a nervous breakdown....oh and a couple of red cards to boot would be nice...smile.gif

Liar biggrin.gif

Liar biggrin.gif

Hang on smokes, there playing the goons, so everything applies apart from the first part :D

Well as you guys say all to play for in the race for 4th.

I have to say though that I think you guys got an incredibly 'lucky break' with Abebayor. It seems to me that lining up a decent striker is an important morale booster for the club as it is whether he proves brilliant on the pitch. And I thought that you guys not having a decent striker was going to cost you big time one way or another.

I notice that the odds of qualifying for CL run like this....

Spurs 3/1

Arsenal 11/8

Liverpool 4/5

I am slightly surprised that Liverpool are favorites ahead of Arsenal. It seems difficult to imagine that Wenger is really going to allow a 14 year unbroken CL qualification record slide away in a bout of petulance.