Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Villas Boas will be free by February..unlike old 'Arry! ohmy.gif

Villas Boas was a fool, and advised poorly in his decision to work for Abramovich. I don't feel sorry for the pressure he's under, however ridiculous it is. He's had plenty of years to see the clueless manner in which Abramovich runs things.

He's be welcome at Spurs but its important that whover is appointed is not reliant on spending loads of money because it just won't be available, what with the new stadium and rising wage bills. I do hope that Levy doesn't go for Moyes. What does he offer us that Harry doesn't? Apart from honesty and integrity that is!

Villas Boas was a fool, and advised poorly in his decision to work for Abramovich. I don't feel sorry for the pressure he's under, however ridiculous it is. He's had plenty of years to see the clueless manner in which Abramovich runs things.

He's be welcome at Spurs but its important that whover is appointed is not reliant on spending loads of money because it just won't be available, what with the new stadium and rising wage bills. I do hope that Levy doesn't go for Moyes. What does he offer us that Harry doesn't? Apart from honesty and integrity that is!

Skotchness? Please, no!blink.gif

I assume that AVB joined Chelsea for the money. If he decided to manage a club under Abromavich for any other reason you have to question his judgment.

Moyes does have a very good track record for getting a lot of performance out of very little spend. Everton consistently outperform their money ranking. However, I think Levy does that for you anyways.

The current bookmakers odds for your next manager are..

Ancelotti 2/1

Hughes 2/1

O'Neill 5/1

Moyes 8/1

Benitez 12/1

Apart from Joorabchian's bitch who I think you would be crazy to take, they all seem pretty good. If you are looking for European experience though it presumably has to be Ancelotti or Benitez

I assume that AVB joined Chelsea for the money. If he decided to manage a club under Abromavich for any other reason you have to question his judgment.

Moyes does have a very good track record for getting a lot of performance out of very little spend. Everton consistently outperform their money ranking. However, I think Levy does that for you anyways.

The current bookmakers odds for your next manager are..

Ancelotti 2/1

Hughes 2/1

O'Neill 5/1

Moyes 8/1

Benitez 12/1

Apart from Joorabchian's bitch who I think you would be crazy to take, they all seem pretty good. If you are looking for European experience though it presumably has to be Ancelotti or Benitez

If we took Hughes i think i will retire from public life and never post again!! How on earth is he even under consideration is beyond me. My problem with Benitez is the money he seems to need to spend because he won't have it. Not particularily impressed with O'Neil. Of that list i'd say Ancelotti is a walk in if he wants it. Problem is i think we should be looking for someone younger as a longterm appointment and i doubt Ancelotti would be up for a long stay. How old is he btw?

To be honest, there's not alot of choices 'out there' - I would have Martin Jol back because he's from Holland and smokes dope (allegedly!)whistling.gif

Up until this last post of your trevor i thought you were on a permanent mushroom diet but i totally agree with you. :D I'd love to have Jol back but i don't think Levy could bring himself to do it. Mindyou the way Levy treated him i wouldn't be surprised if he told Levy where to stick it. One thing for sure is he would be a hugely popular appointment at White Hart Lane.

Remember when Jol and pussy boy Wenger squared up on the touchline. Great stuff. Wenger looked such a t*t. :D

To be honest, there's not alot of choices 'out there' - I would have Martin Jol back because he's from Holland and smokes dope (allegedly!)whistling.gif

Up until this last post of your trevor i thought you were on a permanent mushroom diet but i totally agree with you. :D I'd love to have Jol back but i don't think Levy could bring himself to do it. Mindyou the way Levy treated him i wouldn't be surprised if he told Levy where to stick it. One thing for sure is he would be a hugely popular appointment at White Hart Lane.

Remember when Jol and pussy boy Wenger squared up on the touchline. Great stuff. Wenger looked such a t*t. :D

I'll take the 'mushroom' dis on my shoulder utilising it as great shoulder pass to Bale on the left, he drives forward -drives it through the box and Lennon scores with a deflection off Defoe,rolleyes.gif

!

Problem is i think we should be looking for someone younger as a longterm appointment and i doubt Ancelotti would be up for a long stay. How old is he btw?

Carmine, I understand that people think I am boring because I constantly justify my arguments with the facts. And I also know it is traditional to pluck an argument out of absolutely nowhere without any justification whatsoever.

However I hope you can see that it is one thing to create an argument without justification but it is quite irritating to present an argument with the tacit admission that you dont actually know what you are talking about.

So I think we should be looking for someone younger is an acceptable argument (no reason, justification required)

However, I think we should be looking for someone younger. BTW how old is he? Is inherently a little insulting.

But he is 6 months older than the average age of a Premiership manager if you wish to know.

Problem is i think we should be looking for someone younger as a longterm appointment and i doubt Ancelotti would be up for a long stay. How old is he btw?

Carmine, I understand that people think I am boring because I constantly justify my arguments with the facts. And I also know it is traditional to pluck an argument out of absolutely nowhere without any justification whatsoever.

However I hope you can see that it is one thing to create an argument without justification but it is quite irritating to present an argument with the tacit admission that you dont actually know what you are talking about.

So I think we should be looking for someone younger is an acceptable argument (no reason, justification required)

However, I think we should be looking for someone younger. BTW how old is he? Is inherently a little insulting.

But he is 6 months older than the average age of a Premiership manager if you wish to know.

"Sometimes you look in a field and see a cow"

biggrin.gif

I like Moyes as our next manager. Not a popular choice on here but I'd prefer to have someone who knows the Premiership inside out and not some foreign mercenary.

Harry Redknapp is predicting a tight Premier League title race and does not believe it is impossible that Tottenham will finish first.

There have been suggestions that this season's battle for top spot will be played out in Manchester between reigning champions United and big-spending City.

Spurs lost to both sides in their opening two games of the campaign but have since been in terrific form, having strengthened key positions before the summer transfer window slammed shut.

A ten-match unbeaten run, which has included nine victories, has seen Tottenham steadily climb the table to apply pressure on the leading duo.

Redknappspacer.gif thinks Tottenham have a chance to claim the Premier League crown, although he is not ruling out anybody at this stage.They still trail leaders City by seven points and second-placed United by two, but have a game in hand after the postponement of their home clash with Evertonspacer.gif in August.

Having watched Sunday's 1-1 draw between Manchester Cityspacer.gif and Liverpoolspacer.gif at Anfield, Redknapp feels there are at least six teams in contention for glory.

On a par

"We certainly look a very decent team," he said on Sky Sports Newsahead of Wednesday's Europa League game against PAOK Salonika.

"I'm not sitting here saying we will win the championship. It's a very tall order and we're one of the outsiders of the six to do that, but it's not impossible.

"You saw Liverpool v Man City on Sunday, there was nothing between the two teams and in fact Liverpool edged it.

"There is nothing between those six or seven teams at the top and anyone who can keep that run going, and have that belief, could do it.

"It is a very open top group and I think we are very much on a par. There is not much between us."

"I'm not sitting here saying we will win the championship. It's a very tall order and we're one of the outsiders of the six to do that, but it's not impossible. " Harry RedknappQuotes of the week

Edited by MrRed

Harry Redknapp is predicting a tight Premier League title race and does not believe it is impossible that Tottenham will finish first.

There have been suggestions that this season's battle for top spot will be played out in Manchester between reigning champions United and big-spending City.

Spurs lost to both sides in their opening two games of the campaign but have since been in terrific form, having strengthened key positions before the summer transfer window slammed shut.

A ten-match unbeaten run, which has included nine victories, has seen Tottenham steadily climb the table to apply pressure on the leading duo.

Redknappspacer.gif thinks Tottenham have a chance to claim the Premier League crown, although he is not ruling out anybody at this stage.They still trail leaders City by seven points and second-placed United by two, but have a game in hand after the postponement of their home clash with Evertonspacer.gif in August.

Having watched Sunday's 1-1 draw between Manchester Cityspacer.gif and Liverpoolspacer.gif at Anfield, Redknapp feels there are at least six teams in contention for glory.

On a par

"We certainly look a very decent team," he said on Sky Sports Newsahead of Wednesday's Europa League game against PAOK Salonika.

"I'm not sitting here saying we will win the championship. It's a very tall order and we're one of the outsiders of the six to do that, but it's not impossible.

"You saw Liverpool v Man City on Sunday, there was nothing between the two teams and in fact Liverpool edged it.

"There is nothing between those six or seven teams at the top and anyone who can keep that run going, and have that belief, could do it.

"It is a very open top group and I think we are very much on a par. There is not much between us."

"I'm not sitting here saying we will win the championship. It's a very tall order and we're one of the outsiders of the six to do that, but it's not impossible. " Harry RedknappQuotes of the week

I just love 'Arry! biggrin.gif

People think you are boring!! I shudder to think of that...You're actually a bit of a hero of mine on here. :D

Good luck tonight to your rotation squad. PAOK look a reasonably tidy outfit from the little I've seen of them on highlights shows.

[i wonder why I'm taking more of an interest in the UEFA Cup these days :rolleyes: ]

I think you'd do well with Ancelotti BTW - was rather hoping he'd still be available when Arsene steps down at the end of the season after we narrowly miss fourth spot to Newcastle United :annoyed:

Edit: only the Newcastle bit was meant to be tongue in cheek!

Edited by SantiSuk

Good luck tonight to your rotation squad. PAOK look a reasonably tidy outfit from the little I've seen of them on highlights shows.

[i wonder why I'm taking more of an interest in the UEFA Cup these days :rolleyes: ]

I think you'd do well with Ancelotti BTW - was rather hoping he'd still be available when Arsene steps down at the end of the season after we narrowly miss fourth spot to Newcastle United :annoyed:

Edit: only the Newcastle bit was meant to be tongue in cheek!

He'll be giving game time to Bassong and Gallas probably, maybe Corluka and Pienaar. Other than that Cudicini it'll be the kids again.

Either way we'll be looking for a new manager in the coming months and yes, we couldn't go wrong really with Ancelotti could we. I still can't understand why Abramovich sacked him.

Edited by carmine

Shitty results all around smokes, I see you had the same ref we had against newcastle ;)

Funnily enough i'm far more disappointed than i thought i'd be . It was proving a really useful competition for the experience of our yougsters and was also giving match practice to players coming back from injury.

Spurs interested in signing Messi

Harry Redknapp quote

'I havent spoken to the Chairman yet about signing Messi, so I cant really say whether we will try to sign him or not. However, the lad is a great footballer and I think that any team in the premiership would be glad to have him in their squad.'

Didnt catch much of it, but defoe, modric, lennon are youngsters? Granted I did only see the last 15 mins of the first half.

Btw, red card really? Every highlight I saw it hit the guy in the gut.

Defoe was playing because Pavlyuchenko picked up an injury in training. Lennonplayed because we were short on the right side. Modric played probably because Krancjar is crocked. Hope that answers your question . :D

Spurs interested in signing Messi

Harry Redknapp quote

'I havent spoken to the Chairman yet about signing Messi, so I cant really say whether we will try to sign him or not. However, the lad is a great footballer and I think that any team in the premiership would be glad to have him in their squad.'

He probably find us a more attractive prospect than playing for Liverpool what with their boring uncreative route 1 footballing style.:)

Didnt catch much of it, but defoe, modric, lennon are youngsters? Granted I did only see the last 15 mins of the first half.

Btw, red card really? Every highlight I saw it hit the guy in the gut.

Yeah looked harsh, but the officials were poor all night,, not just for the penalty but made late late calls for numerous offside and on the way it was called defoe IMO, should have had a goal, dont know what anyone else thought but the ref said the lino made a call, didnt seem to from the clip I saw, or dont they have to manually signal it these days?. And thought that Gallas should have seen at least a yellow for his mistimed challenge on their striker.. But hey ho its up the football league we must go, and if we catch u ????????, as the old song goes, u know what happens? U LOSE

Edited by rijit

Dissapointing: I like to see English teams do well in Europe and love to see the competition use up valuable resources in later stages. Was looking forward to another emotion-sapping energy-diverting Manchester derby in the Leaugue Cup too (and the entertainment value of these encounters - almost as good as Real/Barca).

Bad night for Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool I reckon :rolleyes:

Dissapointing: I like to see English teams do well in Europe and love to see the competition use up valuable resources in later stages. Was looking forward to another emotion-sapping energy-diverting Manchester derby in the Leaugue Cup too (and the entertainment value of these encounters - almost as good as Real/Barca).

Bad night for Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool I reckon :rolleyes:

Great post. Yes its refreshing to know the only distraction we'll have now is the FA Cup. Onwards and upwards! smile.gif