Tottenham Thread

chonabot

No he's not he's <deleted>.

Merry xmas smokes, But thats a bit harsh on the lad, he played on the r/h/s for mexico and i thought he had a really really good world cup 4 them , always thought he had bags of potential if given a run of games cant see why he couldn't do it for us, failing that couldn't cranks go out wide for a few games, sure he'd bang a few good x's in.

You're right mate but I reckon he'll be sold next month. Krancjar can play there but he's better off playing in the middle in place of VDV.

We need a winger who can push Lennon for a place...that sort of competition is healthier than what we have now....we can see that without Lennon the side is unbalanced.

I just hope its not going to be silly season on the transfer market...no more £50m deals here and there. Unless its at Chelski...mugs the lot of 'em!

Merry xmas smokes, But thats a bit harsh on the lad, he played on the r/h/s for mexico and i thought he had a really really good world cup 4 them , always thought he had bags of potential if given a run of games cant see why he couldn't do it for us, failing that couldn't cranks go out wide for a few games, sure he'd bang a few good x's in.

Dos Santos has loads of potential but in the words of Harry Redknapp, "he can pass a ball but he can't pass a nightclub!" Theres your answer rijit.

Merry christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas Spurs thread contributors; really enjoy reading your posts throughout the year, hope one day to contribute more/some myself.

Arry’s along way from perfect but he’s done a hell of a job, to an extent that 3rd is a reality these days, IMO.

COYS!!

He has done an excellent job i agree. If his tactical acumen matched his man management skills he'd be truely exceptional. Done especially well too considering he's had the trial hanging over him for months now.

You're right mate but I reckon he'll be sold next month. Krancjar can play there but he's better off playing in the middle in place of VDV.

We need a winger who can push Lennon for a place...that sort of competition is healthier than what we have now....we can see that without Lennon the side is unbalanced.

I just hope its not going to be silly season on the transfer market...no more £50m deals here and there. Unless its at Chelski...mugs the lot of 'em!

Any reason why Walker couldn't move up to right midfield and slot Corluka in at right back? If you want to play Van Der Vaart in the absense of Lennon then this would work. Certainly better than Redknapp stupity playing Van Der Vaart on the right mid. Also remember Kranjcar does not like playing right side, and he's no pace whatsoever.

Any reason why Walker couldn't move up to right midfield and slot Corluka in at right back? If you want to play Van Der Vaart in the absense of Lennon then this would work. Certainly better than Redknapp stupity playing Van Der Vaart on the right mid. Also remember Kranjcar does not like playing right side, and he's no pace whatsoever.

That's an excellent idea carms. So good in fact old 'Arry might spot it sometime in March. blink.png

That's an excellent idea carms. So good in fact old 'Arry might spot it sometime in March. blink.png

yeah defiantly worth a go, his speed and tenacity are good enuf not so sure he's got enuf finese on the ball to match, but defo worth a go

how about turning Walker into an attacking right side side player ala Gareth Bale wink.gif

And Rijit said this

he really doesn't have the same technical ability as say bale, best off letting him get a handle on his main job as a full bac after all he's not doing 2 bad at it, so far!!!

How opinions can change 4.gif

Edited by alfieconn

how about turning Walker into an attacking right side side player ala Gareth Bale wink.gif

And Rijit said this

he really doesn't have the same technical ability as say bale, best off letting him get a handle on his main job as a full bac after all he's not doing 2 bad at it, so far!!!

The new Bale? biggrin.png

You aint drinkin' enough Alfredo...do you keep notes? rolleyes.giflaugh.png

And Rijit said this

No smokes, when i come up with a good idea i never forget ......... when i come up with a bad idea i never remember 36.gif

Footnote : don't know about anyone else but aint the new emotions shit !!!!

I remember you talking about this. I really don't think Walker needs to be compaired to Bale. Bale is not completely human as we cknow and a wonderful athlete.

If you want to compair him to someone, how about Glen Johnson. Walkers much younger and faster and is very skilful for a right back. Thats all you need to know and he would be very good right mid cover for Lennon.

Is it my imagination or is Lennon very injury prone. unsure.png

I remember you talking about this. I really don't think Walker needs to be compaired to Bale. Bale is not completely human as we cknow and a wonderful athlete.

If you want to compair him to someone, how about Glen Johnson. Walkers much younger and faster and is very skilful for a right back. Thats all you need to know and he would be very good right mid cover for Lennon.

Well if we ain't going to replace Lennon with a like for like player then we have to change the formation,either one of

4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 with the width coming from the full backs !!!!!!!!

Edited by alfieconn

And Rijit said this

I wasn't saying that he is the new bale Smokes, the reference to bale is that he moved up from full back to play wide.

Well if we ain't going to replace Lennon with a like for like player then we have to change the formation,either one of

4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 with the width coming from the full backs !!!!!!!!

H won't understand different formations like this alfie and doesn't really cotton on to the concept of width and balance as seen in the Sunderland game. Bond and Jordon, judging by the horror tactics that were the second half at Fulham are completely clueless. Even my nine year old nephew couldn't understand at 2-0 up why are midfield wasn't beefed up.

Lets move on from that because i'll start to get a feeling of nausea thinking of a manger with his experience repeatedly f*cking up are right side with the same folly.

I don't see why we should spend on the right side. We should save our transfer fund for a marquee striker.....marquee's real meaning i think is "gonna cost you a bundle"

Edited by carmine

I don't see why we should spend on the right side. We should save our transfer fund for a marquee striker.....marquee's real meaning i think is "gonna cost you a bundle"

Well if Walker is going to be used at right midfield all well and good. Let's see how he gets on in the next couple of games.

Of course with VDV apparently fit for tomorrow you don't need to be a genius to work out 'Arry's thinking....

Marquee signing? Depends what you mean...I'd be happy with Damaio for now.

Well if Walker is going to be used at right midfield all well and good. Let's see how he gets on in the next couple of games.

Of course with VDV apparently fit for tomorrow you don't need to be a genius to work out 'Arry's thinking....

What i mean by a marquee signing would be someone like Cavani, Benzema or Andy Carroll.

Don't forget smokie, we are only talking hypothetically about using Walker as right mid cover. There is nothing to suggest Harry has even given it any thought. biggrin.png

What i mean by a marquee signing would be someone like Cavani, Benzema or Andy Carroll.

Don't forget smokie, we are only talking hypothetically about using Walker as right mid cover. There is nothing to suggest Harry has even given it any thought. biggrin.png

I'm glad you never mentioned Torres. I prefer my marquee signings sitting on the bench rather than in the stands. laugh.png

Cavani would be a great signing...he's havin' a 'triffic season aint he?

Someone has to play on the right carms....who will it be! huh.png

I'm glad you never mentioned Torres. I prefer my marquee signings sitting on the bench rather than in the stands. laugh.png

Cavani would be a great signing...he's havin' a 'triffic season aint he?

Someone has to play on the right carms....who will it be! huh.png

Yes Cavani's a triffic triffic lovely boy!!! Who's he going to play on the right? Honestly...i dread to think! If he plays the dutchman out wide again i'll be launching my tele into the gulf of Thailand.

Ledley King out as is Defoe and probably Kaboul.

This is a big test for us and its crucial Harry gets it right, as it looks like Van Der Vaart is playing.

If its Gallas/Bassong then I'd like to see Parker and Sandro in front and leave Walker to belt up and down the right on his own. Parker does a great job of covering anyway.

VDV and Adebayor up front....

Norwich offered nothing going forward-poor home display. Bales 2nd goal was nice.

Too bad you missed it smokes wink.png

biggrin.png Only missed the last quarter of an hour. A great display away from home. Let's keep the momentum going!

Oh and has anyone heard from MrRed? cheesy.gif

How easy was that!! I really wasn't expecting such a stroll in the park. We were very good in the second half but very out of shape in the first half. Walker proved he can play right midfield and he put in some nice crosses. Great pace too. Van Der Vaart didn't look like he knew what he was supposed to be doing at times. Not his fault imho. The combination of Parker and Sandro gets better every game, they gave Norwich nothing, and i really want to see that at our away games in particular

Triffic work by Adebayor for the first, the second was just classic Bale.

Nice to see Danny Rose getting a run out, as i'm sick of BAE hoofing the ball upfield and losing possession.

Looking in great shape for Swansea and West Brom. This is our big chance to heap the pressure on Arsenal and the Chavs. COYS