Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Wasn't Molby a crap third choice for the bindippers? blink.png

Not at all. In the mid 80s, he was a very good player, first rate midfielder. Liverpool regular. He won at least 2 league championships. I remember him scoring a great goal against United.

But of course if he is being critical of anything Spurs, he must be either crap or a troll, right?biggrin.png

Tbh, i d find the goalkeeping sitution a touch strange or strained, out field palyers have played in the prem past 40 , sherringham , giggs is 37 and it's quite long been realised, certainly by us since we mistakenly let Jennings go to the arswipes thinking he was 2 old , and with the acceptance of things like yoga all round fitness has improved, the 'goal posts' have changed, players can perform past 40, we've got a weird situ, weve spent alot of money to replace someone that atm dont really need replacing,, if it's 4 the long term and the op 2 buy him was 2 good to turn down, fine, buy him and loan him bac. get him bac for next season but buyin a national capt and then puttin him on the bench HMMMMMMMMMMM lets not forget these french boys arnt shrinking violets, esp when they feel wronged aka cantano and look what happened with santini, vb's got enuf on his plate, why the fuc make more prob's

Seems there are a lot of anti AVB sentiment coming from all over the place. Lots of ex players jumping on the band wagon.

I think this is a fairly honest appraisal..........http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/molby-avb-making-mistakes-115603657.h

More like wishful thinking on your part Jack. Just let it go. I know you arn't as stupid as to really believe a word of the bilge spouted out by that Danish OAP

Not at all. In the mid 80s, he was a very good player, first rate midfielder. Liverpool regular. He won at least 2 league championships. I remember him scoring a great goal against United.

But of course if he is being critical of anything Spurs, he must be either crap or a troll, right?biggrin.png

He is both at least.....you can only manage one at best. Run along sonny....

Well when someone makes quotes that are probaly not true, what does that make him ? and being as you seem to believe every word he has said, perhaps you or Rijit would like to answer the questions to his quotes 26.gif

Tbh, i d find the goalkeeping sitution a touch strange or strained, out field palyers have played in the prem past 40 , sherringham , giggs is 37 and it's quite long been realised, certainly by us since we mistakenly let Jennings go to the arswipes thinking he was 2 old , and with the acceptance of things like yoga all round fitness has improved, the 'goal posts' have changed, players can perform past 40, we've got a weird situ, weve spent alot of money to replace someone that atm dont really need replacing,, if it's 4 the long term and the op 2 buy him was 2 good to turn down, fine, buy him and loan him bac. get him bac for next season but buyin a national capt and then puttin him on the bench HMMMMMMMMMMM lets not forget these french boys arnt shrinking violets, esp when they feel wronged aka cantano and look what happened with santini, vb's got enuf on his plate, why the fuc make more prob's

Seems there are a lot of anti AVB sentiment coming from all over the place. Lots of ex players jumping on the band wagon.

I think this is a fairly honest appraisal..........http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/molby-avb-making-mistakes-115603657.h

Yeah seem fair enuf.

Whether they are or not vb's dealings with players are 2 easily twisted or viewed by

the press as 'clumsy'

seems He's not cute enuf with them, every time he opens his gob somehow it's turned and used against him

, media coverage hasnt helped him in the past and it aint helping him or us now.

we really ought to be thinking strategically and reducing his exposure, get him out

of the firing line.reduce the seemingly relentlessly mounting media pressure,

But we can talk and speculate on media strategy

#

all we like and maybe it will help maybe not, but the thing that will sort all is, quite simply

SOME CRACKING PERFORMANCES.

What has he said in the press about Dawson and Lloris ?

Well when someone makes quotes that are probaly not true, what does that make him ? and being as you seem to believe every word he has said, perhaps you or Rijit would like to answer the questions to his quotes 26.gif

No no Alf get a grip. When Jan Molby speaks/quotes the tabloids the whole football world stops and listens. cheesy.gif

Jack really needs to lighten up and drop it. Afterall, all he needs to do is let the tabloid hacks continue their anti Villas-Boas agenda. Bunch of turds the lot of them

No no Alf get a grip. When Jan Molby speaks/quotes the tabloids the whole football world stops and listens. cheesy.gif

Jack really needs to lighten up and drop it. Afterall, all he needs to do is let the tabloid hacks continue their anti Villas-Boas agenda. Bunch of turds the lot of them

Take a chill pill, guys!! I have been consistent with my views on Spurs. I dont like Levy, I liked Harry. I like watching Spurs play. I am on the fence with regards to AVB. Undoubtedly talented, but maybe not so great in man management.

So because an article or an ex player says something you dont agree with, you automatically say its BS, or the guy is a dick!!

Even when one of your own supporters come on here and airs a view that the 3 Wise Men disagree with, that automatically brings him up for ridiculerolleyes.gif

So what about one of your great stalwarts... Graham Roberts?? Is he a dick?.. This is what he thinks of AVB

www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/spurs-legend-trashes-avb.90431/page-2

Take a chill pill, guys!! I have been consistent with my views on Spurs. I dont like Levy, I liked Harry. I like watching Spurs play. I am on the fence with regards to AVB. Undoubtedly talented, but maybe not so great in man management.

So because an article or an ex player says something you dont agree with, you automatically say its BS, or the guy is a dick!!

Even when one of your own supporters come on here and airs a view that the 3 Wise Men disagree with, that automatically brings him up for ridiculerolleyes.gif

So what about one of your great stalwarts... Graham Roberts?? Is he a dick?.. This is what he thinks of AVB

www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/spurs-legend-trashes-avb.90431/page-2

Well when someone quotes quotes that are incorrect, it is BS and you havn't answered my questions !

So basicly he is saying that he doesn't talk a load of <deleted> like Ari ! what has Roberts said that is constructive in that column ?

Jack, you might be interested to know that Joe Lewis makes the big decisions. he's our owner and Levy's uncle. He could only buy Moutinho with the approval of Lewis and you have no idea if that was forthcoming have you? It was also Lewis that sacked Martin Jol btw, not Levy as the ever so knowledgable gutter press have repeatedly stated.

I'm happy to listen to and discuss your issues regards Spurs but not when the vast percentage of it comes from the clueless gutter press.

So basicly he is saying that he doesn't talk a load of <deleted> like Ari ! what has Roberts said that is constructive in that column ?

Nothing. Its just his opinion and he's welcome to it

Well when someone quotes quotes that are incorrect, it is BS and you havn't answered my questions !

There are 2 reasons why i have not answered your questions.....

First of all, I am a dinosaur when it comes to computers...... so dissecting posts into individual snippets, as you did, is beyond my capabilitieslaugh.png

Second of all, a couple of the questions you asked, were already answered in the article I showed youblink.png , so its pointless getting into the arguement of you denying the article being true, as neither of us knows 100% what the truth is

I am not saying it is constructive or otherwise. Its his opinion. I was just pointing out that there are views out there that are making points about AVBs man management (or lack thereof) skills

Jack, you might be interested to know that Joe Lewis makes the big decisions. he's our owner and Levy's uncle. He could only buy Moutinho with the approval of Lewis and you have no idea if that was forthcoming have you? It was also Lewis that sacked Martin Jol btw, not Levy as the ever so knowledgable gutter press have repeatedly stated.

I'm happy to listen to and discuss your issues regards Spurs but not when the vast percentage of it comes from the clueless gutter press.

Fair point. I have never even heard of Joe Lewis, so I bow to your inside knowledge on this topic.

Listen, I know as well as you do that most of what is written in the press is <deleted>, not all of it, but most. I throw it out there to get a reaction and to see what your views are...... just when you call Mancini an Italian lady boylaugh.png .

Everyone has an opinion and view, but sometimes on this Spurs forum, you get more uppity than the Scousers!!laugh.png

• Like 1

First of all, I am a dinosaur when it comes to computers...... so dissecting posts into individual snippets, as you did, is beyond my capabilitieslaugh.png

Second of all, a couple of the questions you asked, were already answered in the article I showed youblink.png , so its pointless getting into the arguement of you denying the article being true, as neither of us knows 100% what the truth is

How does he know the player is so discontent, has the player said so ?

How did he know that Dawson was told this ? has Dawson or AVB said this was said ?

What was the answers to the above questions in the article ? No waffling please !

If we are "uppity' on here i am sure that the agenda that the press have against our new manager and their man love thing with wobbly has a lot to do with it.

i also resent it when i have to listen to football fans basing arguements off the back of a very sh1t stirring anti Spurs tabloid press. Some of the reporting that have been printed in the Express for example are scandalous whilst Redknapp himself uses another scumbag rag to launch his opinions. Then you listen to the unright unpleasantness aired on talksport about Villas-Boas crucifying the guy and saying he's a clueless idiot.

This is why i rarely take anything i read these days with any seriousness. Better to listen to people linked directly to the club, although that info is very limited. Even then you get mugs that challenge truthful info on the back of what they've read in their daily tabloid read. Some even think for some bizarre reason that Sky has a little more credibility than the papers! <deleted>! Sky are the biggest blowhards of the lot!

Edited by carmine

Basically you haven't got a clue is what you are saying.

The conclusion is you posted this drivel to get a reaction from your dim pal.

We've played three games Jack....its you needs to go and lie down mate...come back here and discuss things at Xmas or whenever...at least when what you have to say might have some substance.

New faces in the squad....new manager...time to gel and work to a new philosophy. At least some on here can grasp these realities.

Clearly more than your second rate bindipper anyway, yes Jack he was second rate, off you toddle.

Edit: Removed "nice but"

Edited by smokie36

Fair point. I have never even heard of Joe Lewis,

Better to continue your footballing education by reading more and posting less then. wink.png

Better to continue your footballing education by reading more and posting less then. wink.png

Well if you think my football education will be improved by knowing who Joe Lewis is, then you are more deluded than I thoughtblink.png

He may be important to you as a Spurs fan, but I would like to wager that most people outside of WHL have no clue who he is!! Sorry to disappoint you!!

He was a great boxer.

Are you welsh by any chance Red?

No but i do miss a good leg of Lamb.

Whilst i appreciate new systems and 'philosophies' take time to initiate and 'gel', lets not forget were talking people mostly bi lingual

#footballers who have trained for, maybe, 5000, hrs at their chosen proffession, gone thru academies, most have played international /club football for many

different coach's from all around the world, so sure their gonna struggle with, what? 4-3 -3 !!!!!!

and whilst i'de be more than happy to praise something well done,one that even shows glimmers of positive results pulling the

blinkers over your eyes and putting everything down to 'change' and the media 'victimise us' backed by 'dont worry it's gonna

work in the future' is frankly, putting it kindly, niave it's been used so regularly used over my years of following spurs

it's gone past 'worn thin' it's worn out, Perhaps vb's revolutionry vision will succed but at this precise mo in time seems we're in

danger heading bac to that 'safe haven', in the mean time income shrinks, top quality players leave and replacements are

relatively expensive gambles rather than sure bets, and whilst I'm happily commenting and watching from my arm chair lets. bow

to those who put their

money where thier mouth is, I know the white hart lane are harsh on poor football, but equally they appreciate and expect quality

footbal But no worries according to a poster on here its just a small section of SEASON TICKET, holders, that after games

chose to boo our team, not that i think it in any way helps the teams siltation, but it has to be viewed as an indication of where

our team is at, at the mo.

Edited by rijit

There has always been a small section of season ticket holders that boo every performance that they are not happy with. There always will be.

Start worrying if the Park Lane supporters start booing. If that happens he's on very borrowed time. As for the whining section behind the dugouts...nothing new there.

There has always been a small section of season ticket holders that boo every performance that they are not happy with. There always will be.

Start worrying if the Park Lane supporters start booing. If that happens he's on very borrowed time. As for the whining section behind the dugouts...nothing new there.

Thats so true carmine,,funny how the boo'ers nearly always 'hole out' behind the dug out in what used to be called the

'enclosure'

not so sure about booing every performance they arnt happy with though , we lost quite a lot under our ari, didnt hear the boo's

break out then..

Take your point about when it spreads to the park lane, lets hope the fuc it never does!!!!

Thats so true carmine,,funny how the boo'ers nearly always 'hole out' behind the dug out in what used to be called the

'enclosure'

not so sure about booing every performance they arnt happy with though , we lost quite a lot under our ari, didnt hear the boo's

break out then..

Take your point about when it spreads to the park lane, lets hope the fuc it never does!!!!

Do remember our travelling fans chanting you don't know what you're doing at Villa away at the end of last season. As you know we really needed to win and with twenty minutes left and Defoe on the bench Redknapp brought on a midfield instead and settled for the point! At the final whistle fate had Chelsea winning the CL written all over it!