Tottenham Thread

chonabot

On the defenders issue, two more names on the list from the incredibly well known Indian columnist Dyutiman Banerjee.

18 year old Kurt Zouma belonging to Saint-Étienne. Looks too young and inexperienced to me.

Toby Alderweireld of Ajax. Another Belgian. Looks the real deal actually, if we fail to get the Romanian.

http://www.soccersouls.com/2013/08/tottenham-transfers-3-players-slapped-at-avb-to-have-a-look-before-the-window-shuts-down/

I think Bale is bored with the media as well. AVB said that Bale didnt travel because he had a pain in his ar5e!! :-)

As a Chelsea supporter I would expect a little bit more from you mjj.

Sorry to sound pompous but it's true.

Just trying to have fun, the BBC have a story where AVB says Bale has an injury to his 'gluteus'. Guess the fun is dying on these threads..............

Must be his gluteus minimus....where's Kenneth Williams when ya need him eh?

Ian, I'm afraid for Chelsea fans, the idea that we could offload Torres is but a distant dream........£175k a week for falling over is quite difficult to better.

Agreed, Torres has really fcuked up, However The Special One is making noises that he can revitalise the Spanish enigma. Hope he can. Would be good for the Premiership, and for Chelsea. If he fails Torres is finished.

As for the Biter if he ends up at the Emirates I see the end result in him taking the hiss for a year prior to 'homesickness disease' next summer. Can only be very very good news for us.

I think with Torres it might be a bit like Rooney at United.

"Show us how good you are."

If anybody can sort Torres it will be Mourhino.

• Like 1

On the defenders issue, two more names on the list from the incredibly well known Indian columnist Dyutiman Banerjee.

18 year old Kurt Zouma belonging to Saint-Étienne. Looks too young and inexperienced to me.

Toby Alderweireld of Ajax. Another Belgian. Looks the real deal actually, if we fail to get the Romanian.

http://www.soccersouls.com/2013/08/tottenham-transfers-3-players-slapped-at-avb-to-have-a-look-before-the-window-shuts-down/

Think its going to be the romanian or the Belgium Ian. As i said before i don't know anything about Vlad tbh but we've been keeping tabs on Toby Alderweireld for eighteen months. Very good player. Vertonghen rates him too so thats good enough for me

Edited by carmine

I think Bale is bored with the media as well. AVB said that Bale didnt travel because he had a pain in his ar5e!! :-)

As a Chelsea supporter I would expect a little bit more from you mjj.

Sorry to sound pompous but it's true.

Just trying to have fun, the BBC have a story where AVB says Bale has an injury to his 'gluteus'. Guess the fun is dying on these threads..............

Must be his gluteus minimus....where's Kenneth Williams when ya need him eh?

Stop mucking about. biggrin.png

Think its going to be the romanian or the Belgium Ian. As i said before i don't know anything about Vlad tbh but we've been keeping tabs on Toby Alderweireld for eighteen months. Very good player. Vertonghen rates him too so thats good enough for me

Yup agreed. Only seen a bit of you tube tbh, but if Jan rates him were good to go. I have been waiting for a whisper on Daws and Kaboul this morning, but squad day off today, so maybe something tomorrow. We are on the verge of something really good, AVB just needs a touch of luck to swing it all into place.

Rijit On the other thread just mention Townsend again....... I was unconvinced earlier in the Summer, but now tend to agree he looks like he deserves a real chance. AVB is no mug, so I am sure he has him tagged, at least as a poss super sub. Great position to be in. 13 days to go....... It's been a long tedious Summer break!

Edited by iancnx

A really well written piece

Quote//

The acquisitions of Paulinho, Nacer Chadli and Roberto Soldado, although slightly lost amid the floods of rumours regarding the future of Gareth Bale, have hugely strengthened the Tottenham team and squad over the summer, such that if Bale remains at the club, Tottenham could be challenging for the title among the galacticos of English football.

Brazilian box-to-box midfielder Paulinho joins from Sao Paulo-based club Corinthians after a superb Confederations Cup in the heart of the Selecao midfield. The 24 year-old was voted as the 3rd best player of the tournament, after Neymar and Andres Iniesta. Paulinho will bring drive, energy, pace and crucially goals to the Spurs midfield, and is certainly an upgrade on the likes of Clint Dempsey and Scott Parker.

Belgian wing forward Nacer Chadli is something of an unknown quantity to Spurs fans, with it being impossible to tell if the 23 year-old’s impressive Eredivisie form will translate into impressive Premier League form. Still, Chadli will bring goals, pace and power as well as adding strength in depth to the squad: a crucial characteristic of any title challenging side.

Spanish striker Roberto Soldado, Tottenham’s record signing, is a natural finisher, with all 24 of his La Liga goals last year being scored inside the penalty area. Last year, the most obvious missing link in the Tottenham side that eventually finished 5th was a 20 goal a season striker; 28 year-old Soldado will be that man for Spurs, having scored 30 goals in 46 appearances in all competitions last year for Valencia.

Watching Spurs last year, it was evident that they were just a few positions away from being a complete side that could challenge for the highest honours in England. The above signings go some way to completing that side, although more strengthening will be necessary if they wish to challenge. Due to the potential effect of Younes Kaboul’s knee injury on his performances in the first half of this season, a new centre-back will be required; Vlad Chiriches, a Romanian defender from Steaua Bucharest has been cited as a potential purchase. A left back is also required, with the name of 23 year-old Ajax player Daley Blind being suggested in the media.

All the above players are excellent additions, or potential additions, to this Tottenham team but it is impossible to deny that the figurehead of the Spurs team is Gareth Bale. 21 league goals last season, with a high percentage from outside of the area, capped a memorable season for the Welshman, bringing furious links with a transfer to Spanish giants Real Madrid. But if Spurs manage to resist world record bids, then Bale’s impact on the side, both on and off the pitch, could be pivotal in launching a Tottenham title challenge.

If Spurs do keep Bale, then a starting XI of: Lloris; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Blind; Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho; Bale, Soldado, Chadli looks like it might well challenge for the title.//

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/tottenham-hotspur/news/05-08-2013/with-bale-tottenham-are-title-challengers/840723?#ixzz2b5VF0vXK

Links might do it for future ian , x tra long things r a pain to scroll and then if u want to reply 2 it they r just a f-- in irritant and a waste , And Really well written , Hmmmm,,i dont think so ian , best he get things right soldado has struggled to get into the Spanish national team evn though db brought him through the ranks and gave him his debut at madrid, db reckoned his finishing was his weakness and soladado has to graft to improve it, natural finisher nah,,,, and still aint a sure thing for the national team hence no place in the conf cup squad, The others, pace and power yeah , they are gonna bring goals?,really, well that is the multi million dollar question, mystics probably as good a judge of that as anyone, t if he aint already rubbing themw00t.gif perhaps he'll rub his crystals and give us an ideacheesy.gif modric scored 1-3 ish b4 he joined us!! and after? they will give us good options and stiffen up competition and will keep the likes of dembeli sandro parker holtby ect ect right on there toes, slacken and your out, which i fear already happened 4 the hudd livermore and maybe even carroll. anyway ,,,,

Just picked this up from a bookie promoter.....

Bookmakers have responded to Spurs signing of Soldado by making him just 20/1 to secure the golden boot in the Premier League next season and just 5/6 ON that he scores at least 14 goals. It could be an exciting season ahead for Spurs fans.

Now Golden Boot.... Not such a good bet, but 5/6 for 14 goals..... Bargain.......Those odds won't last the day I shouldn't think.

the article in not mentioning his international career 4 me just highllighted it was an ill thought out piss poor peice of journalism if you want 2 c what good journalism is ! read the guardian and then compare.

yep my mistake it was the Europeans db dropped him 4 and earlier he sold soldado letting it be known that it was mainly because of the inconsistency in his finishing .so natural finisher which infers what? that it comes naturally to him ie he's always done it ? no

he's had improve it a it wasn't his strongest point. imo its a rubbish term that's used lazily without much thought , tbh rather rather like that article . oh yeah look bac @ here and other forums links only ,not paragraphs , are the rule of thumb then we can choose whether to read or ignore.

Edited by rijit

the article in not mentioning his international career 4 me just highllighted it was an ill thought out piss poor peice of journalism if you want 2 c what good journalism is ! read the guardian and then compare.

yep my mistake it was the Europeans db dropped him 4 and earlier he sold soldado letting it be known that it was mainly because of the inconsistency in his finishing .so natural finisher which infers what? that it comes naturally to him ie he's always done it ? no

he's had improve it a it wasn't his strongest point. imo its a rubbish term that's used lazily without much thought , tbh rather rather like that article . oh yeah look bac @ here and other forums links only ,not paragraphs , are the rule of thumb then we can choose whether to read or ignore.

Okidoki then, that's clear now..... I think?

Bookmakers have responded to Spurs signing of Soldado by making him just 20/1 to secure the golden boot in the Premier League next season and just 5/6 ON that he scores at least 14 goals. It could be an exciting season ahead for Spurs fans.

Now Golden Boot.... Not such a good bet, but 5/6 for 14 goals..... Bargain.......Those odds won't last the day I shouldn't think.

From a promoter eh?laugh.png

A quick glance at oddschecker across the board, shows Bale at a shorter price for the golden boot and it's still uncertain he will be here! However Soldado is a shorter price than Jovetic, Boney, Ba, Berbatov and even Defoe, (now there's a surprise), which he should be considering his high price and record with Valencia. Regarding how many goals he will score in the season, I looked at oddschecker on Monday and he was 5/6 on to score 15 goals and 5/6 on to score less than 15. Geez if he can't get you 15 goals he will be a piss poor buy, so you're right 5/6 does in fact sound like a steal. The price hasn't moved since Monday, but do keep us informed of the latest from your promoter, in case oddschecker can't keep up. (BTW he's 33/1 with Corals to be top scorer)

From a promoter eh?Posted Image

A quick glance at oddschecker across the board, shows Bale at a shorter price for the golden boot and it's still uncertain he will be here! However Soldado is a shorter price than Jovetic, Boney, Ba, Berbatov and even Defoe, (now there's a surprise), which he should be considering his high price and record with Valencia. Regarding how many goals he will score in the season, I looked at oddschecker on Monday and he was 5/6 on to score 15 goals and 5/6 on to score less than 15. Geez if he can't get you 15 goals he will be a piss poor buy, so you're right 5/6 does in fact sound like a steal. The price hasn't moved since Monday, but do keep us informed of the latest from your promoter, in case oddschecker can't keep up. (BTW he's 33/1 with Corals to be top scorer)

Someone pass me a calculator will ya? :P

Someone pass me a calculator will ya? tongue.png

why you bored thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

i suppose the bottom line is ian, without trying to sound nasty, try to be a bit more discerning with posting

putting up with posters 'different' opinions is par for the coarse, but putting up with people posting <deleted> low level info and articles for other posters to read is completely different. AND dont come bac and say it wasn't.. biggrin.png

Upyours, you are a demonstrative almost aggravating little chappy are'nt you?

Okay perhaps a promoter was the incorrect term per se, though I suspect everyone else sussed out that I meant more accurately a website affiliate of several bookmakers.... Which incidentally by being an affiliate means they are promoting that bookmaker in return for commission.

Now run along and play with your pals on your own thread which is......What?

• Like 1

the article in not mentioning his international career 4 me just highllighted it was an ill thought out piss poor peice of journalism if you want 2 c what good journalism is ! read the guardian and then compare.yep my mistake it was the Europeans db dropped him 4 and earlier he sold soldado letting it be known that it was mainly because of the inconsistency in his finishing .so natural finisher which infers what? that it comes naturally to him ie he's always done it ? nohe's had improve it a it wasn't his strongest point. imo its a rubbish term that's used lazily without much thought , tbh rather rather like that article . oh yeah look bac @ here and other forums links only ,not paragraphs , are the rule of thumb then we can choose whether to read or ignore.
i suppose the bottom line is ian, without trying to sound nasty, try to be a bit more discerning with posting putting up with posters 'different' opinions is par for the coarse, but putting up with people posting <deleted> low level info and articles for other posters to read is completely different. AND dont come bac and say it wasn't.. biggrin.png
Hmmm interesting that you still want to have a piece......Well the bottom line is Rijit, your written English for starters is pretty poor and so is difficult to decipher at times, but that's OK because I do get your meaning and intent. My understanding is you have an unfortunate ability to come across as quite an arrogant individual at times; this is a disappointment. I posted a well written piece referring to our new squad which has been of interest to some. It was factually correct in every respect. I have taken on board that I should not post full articles...... I really do APOLOGISE for that. I really cannot for the life of me understand what your problem is, but I do hope that you will re-read my posts and have a fresh look..... Before you press the reply button, again, if you can......please? Edited by iancnx

Okay perhaps a promoter was the incorrect term per se, though I suspect everyone else sussed out that I meant more accurately a website affiliate of several bookmakers.... Which incidentally by being an affiliate means they are promoting that bookmaker in return for commission.

laugh.png I'm sure the others are thrilled you landed on their thread after so many years.

• Like 1

i suppose the bottom line is ian, without trying to sound nasty, try to be a bit more discerning with posting

putting up with posters 'different' opinions is par for the coarse, but putting up with people posting <deleted> low level info and articles for other posters to read is completely different. AND dont come bac and say it wasn't.. biggrin.png

Hmmm interesting that you still want to have a piece......

Well the bottom line is Rijit, your written English for starters is pretty poor and so is difficult to decipher at times, but that's OK because I do get your meaning and intent. My understanding is you have an unfortunate ability to come across as quite an arrogant individual at times; this is a disappointment.

I posted a well written piece referring to our new squad which has been of interest to some. It was factually correct in every respect. I have taken on board that I should not post full articles...... I really do APOLOGISE for that.

I really cannot for the life of me understand what your problem is, but I do hope that you will re-read my posts and have a fresh look..... Before you press the reply button, again, if you can......please?

As a guest on this thread can I just say (as I have previously ) I find rijit's insights exceptionally direct, without bs, and highly illuminating.

I personally don't find rijit at all arrogant.

As for his ability to write the queens Oxford English, I couldn't give a monkey's toss. all part of the package.

Just saying, not stirring.

• Like 2

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Mine is that we will be a cracking side to watch this season...provided we sort out at least another defender.

Can't wait here! :D

I agree totally Smokie and I ain't looking for likes.

As a guest on this thread can I just say (as I have previously ) I find rijit's insights exceptionally direct, without bs, and highly illuminating.

I personally don't find rijit at all arrogant.

As for his ability to write the queens Oxford English, I couldn't give a monkey's toss. all part of the package.

Just saying, not stirring.

+1

• Like 1

Posted Image I'm sure the others are thrilled you landed on their thread after so many years.

And I will be equally as thrilled to land on your thread...... Which is?