Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Typical Tottenham "fan", the grass is always greener....

Some people seem to forget where we were last season! 'Arry has got us currently 4th in the PL, QF of the FA CUP and playing some some decent stuff. I agree that 4th is probably just out of reach end of this season (check the NIGHTMARE March fixtures!!) but give 'Arry another summer to bring in 2 or 3 class players and watch us go next term.

Great to see Pav coming good finally, hope he can keep it up. I've said for a while the guy is class (awesome in Euro 2008) but he seems the kind of character you need to nurture a little bit and "arm around the shoulder" a bit.

:):D:D made my day reading that, should maybe change the name to nextseason hotspur :D:D

I always felt certain that one of the scammers would throw that one in to CG's post and you did;nt let me down :D

We're always there, just lurking, just waiting, ready to pick up on things & we never get let down with you Girls on this Thread Carmine... :D

youve got to face it carmine, the amount of slaggin off you lot get for comin out with the "next seson" comments

and then daft cockney git only comes right out with it!!

priceless mate absolutely pricless :):D coyi :D:D:D , time for a beer

youve got to face it carmine, the amount of slaggin off you lot get for comin out with the "next seson" comments

Fairplay, i'm definately conceding this one :D

Fairplay, i'm definately conceding this one :D

:D

This was wrote on a well known Spurs website :

Perhaps one of the biggest misconceptions about Tottenham this season is that we have a huge squad of players. A squad of top quality players maybe, but huge definitely not.

Never this season has this been put to the test more than this weekend as Harry Redknapp barely has enough fully fit established players to pick a line up. Five defenders, three midfielders and four three strikers are definitely fit. Plus we have the kids of varying experience from a Danny Rose and Dorian Dervite to a scattering of academy players and returns from loans, with barely more than a brief nod in the direction of their team mates.

and this was my reply :

Crap,thats where you are wrong, we do have a large squad, our starting eleven plus, Naughton,Hutton,Walker,BAE,Bassong,Kabul,Bentley,Jenas,O'Hara,Livermore,Kranjar,Gud,Crouch,Alnwick, thats 25 players.

The starting eleven is actually only 2 players short Lennon and Huddlestone (not including King of course) simple, Livermore to replace Hudd and Kranjar to replace Lennon so what are talking about when you say "barely has enough fully fit established players to pick a line up" , the cock up's Harry has made are regarding the loans players :

O'Hara cover for centre mid

Naughton as cover for Lennon and Bentley.

Hutton and Naughton as cover for Corluka who could have then played in the middle.

Allowing Walker to be cup tied.

Why do people writing these columns over complicate things !

Any views on the above :)

Perhaps one of the biggest misconceptions about Tottenham this season is that we have a huge squad of players. A squad of top quality players maybe, but huge definitely not.

Never this season has this been put to the test more than this weekend as Harry Redknapp barely has enough fully fit established players to pick a line up. Five defenders, three midfielders and four three strikers are definitely fit. Plus we have the kids of varying experience from a Danny Rose and Dorian Dervite to a scattering of academy players and returns from loans, with barely more than a brief nod in the direction of their team mates.

and this was my reply :

Crap,thats where you are wrong, we do have a large squad, our starting eleven plus, Naughton,Hutton,Walker,BAE,Bassong,Kabul,Bentley,Jenas,O'Hara,Livermore,Kranjar,Gud,Crouch,Alnwick, thats 25 players.

The starting eleven is actually only 2 players short Lennon and Huddlestone (not including King of course) simple, Livermore to replace Hudd and Kranjar to replace Lennon so what are talking about when you say "barely has enough fully fit established players to pick a line up" , the cock up's Harry has made are regarding the loans players :

Hutton and Naughton as cover for Corluka who could have then played in the middle.

Any views on the above :D

o k then alf i have a view on all that, , you point out harrys : cock ups: regarding loan players, as you have been previously told , he wil fark your club, you persisted and backed him, ie AVATAR,

now the cracks are appearing . trust me the fella is capabale of ruining the last 10. -20 years of what your club have accrued , staff wise and financially , in two farkin days,

hes awrong un , back him all day long if you want

but dont expecty sympathy, when it goes tits up, he will walk away larfin with his pockets well and truly lined, and you will support a <deleted> team that he has left farked,

, why should he change his habits just because hes employed at <deleted> fart lame,

go on ,tell me ,top 4 :)

and this was my reply :

o k then alf i have a view on all that, , you point out harrys : cock ups: regarding loan players, as you have been previously told , he wil fark your club, you persisted and backed him, ie AVATAR,

now the cracks are appearing . trust me the fella is capabale of ruining the last 10. -20 years of what your club have accrued , staff wise and financially , in two farkin days,

but dont expecty sympathy, when it goes tits up, he will walk away larfin with his pockets well and truly lined, and you will support a <deleted> team that he has left farked,

, why should he change his habits just because hes employed at <deleted> fart lame,

Your right there Imola the cracks are certainly appearing, we're in the semi-final of the cup and 4th in the league, by the way everyone is entitled to a little cock up now and then even Arri.

I agree with you on one thing though, he has ruined us staff wise with the players he has bought in, Defoe,Palacious,Kranjar,Crouch,Bassong :D two bob that lot.

To be fair i only put the avatar up for you scammers sake because i know how much you like looking at his boat everyday and no one likes to see an unhappy ammer.

Anyway good luck with the relegation battle finger-up-2.gif.

and this was my reply :

Your right there Imola the cracks are certainly appearing, we're in the semi-final of the cup and 4th in the league, by the way everyone is entitled to a little cock up now and then even Arri.

I agree with you on one thing though, he has ruined us staff wise with the players he has bought in, Defoe,Palacious,Kranjar,Crouch,Bassong :D two bob that lot.

To be fair i only put the avatar up for you scammers sake because i know how much you like looking at his boat everyday and no one likes to see an unhappy ammer.

Anyway good luck with the relegation battle finger-up-2.gif.

Don't worry about Imola. He's still traumatised after the scammers "performance" last night. :D

I think we've got a little work to yet to reach the semis have'nt we but i like the positive vibes. :D

I was quite impressed at the way we toughed it out last night. Two years ago we would have lost that fixture. (Fulham are still one of the best "home" teams in the league.) 4th place is going to be about who wins the dog fight. (Corluka's form still worries me. Nearly cost us again last night. Mindyou it would have been nice if the ref had awarded us a penalty for a blatent handball)

you persisted and backed him, ie AVATAR,

It's pretty obvious that the scammers didn't like my avatar, so iv'e changed it for one that might be more to their liking :D .

use the club crest then alfie , a big cock sat on a ball :)

Well Mr Carmine and others, i'd like to see Kranjar play in the middle along Sergeant Wilson while Hudd is out for the following reasons :

Nothing to do with Modric not being able to defend but at times i felt he was too far forward when things were breaking down last week and i feel Kranjar could play the same sort of game as Huddlestone.

Not having having Modric on the left meant that Bale had 2 players marking him which made him not as effective as recent weeks.

Only a couple of small points and i have e-mailed Harry to let him know, mind you i still don't know who we can play on the right of midfield.

Well Mr Carmine and others, i'd like to see Kranjar play in the middle along Sergeant Wilson while Hudd is out for the following reasons :

Nothing to do with Modric not being able to defend but at times i felt he was too far forward when things were breaking down last week and i feel Kranjar could play the same sort of game as Huddlestone.

Not having having Modric on the left meant that Bale had 2 players marking him which made him not as effective as recent weeks.

Only a couple of small points and i have e-mailed Harry to let him know, mind you i still don't know who we can play on the right of midfield.

Yes, i would be very disappointed if Harry did'nt see this too. I've been very impressed with Kranjar this season..2.5 million was a steal

It must be time for a scammers "the cracks are beginning to show" post, isn't it Alfie :)

Yes, i would be very disappointed if Harry did'nt see this too. I've been very impressed with Kranjar this season..2.5 million was a steal

It must be time for a scammers "the cracks are beginning to show" post, isn't it Alfie :)

:D:D

If the cracks are beginning to show for us then it must be a complete re-plaster job for them :D

It must be time for a scammers "the cracks are beginning to show" post, isn't it Alfie :D

If the cracks are beginning to show for us then it must be a complete re-plaster job for them :D

It's more a "Zola" thing me thinks. I think he's more suited to standing motionless next to a garden pond, little peak cap on head, fishing rod in hand than being a top flight coach :)

A wins a win Smokie. At this stage we need to be putting as much pressure on the others as possible and thats what those 3 points achieved. :)

Modric was superb last night Bale impresses more with eery game and Corluka is persistently looking like the weakest link....that is obviously until JJ returns

Couldn't agree more about Corluka. He's looking worse by the game. Guess his confidence is shot at the moment.

Pav on the other hand looked hungry for goals right from the start. Its gonna be a long nervy run in for all of us!

Couldn't agree more about Corluka. He's looking worse by the game. Guess his confidence is shot at the moment.

Pav on the other hand looked hungry for goals right from the start. Its gonna be a long nervy run in for all of us!

Yes, we look very nervy. But, creating even a little points buffer would help with that. There's also a lot to be said for having the points on the board than games in hand. :) Stoke away next week is going to be a very tough fixture, then next league game Pompey at the Lane.

Yes, we look very nervy. But, creating even a little points buffer would help with that. There's also a lot to be said for having the points on the board than games in hand. :) Stoke away next week is going to be a very tough fixture, then next league game Pompey at the Lane.

iv'e been looking at the fixtures thinking which is the best game for Palacious to be booked and serve his 2 match ban, i can't see him going to the end of the season without a booking so we might as well pick a game for him too be booked in that means him missing two easyish fixtures.We need him badly for the arse and chelsea games.

It must be time for a scammers "the cracks are beginning to show" post, isn't it Alfie :D

It's more a "Zola" thing me thinks. I think he's more suited to standing motionless next to a garden pond, little peak cap on head, fishing rod in hand than being a top flight coach :)

you have a point there carmine, in fact he reminds in many ways of juan ramos :D

I feel very confident Alfie that Palacios will get booked at Stoke next weekend, and i'm not expecting a "flowing" game.

Thats probaly the best game to booked in, he then misses Ful and Ports at home, sort of game that he would probaly be booked in anyway :) .

I feel very confident Alfie that Palacios will get booked at Stoke next weekend, and i'm not expecting a "flowing" game.

Thats probaly the best game to booked in, he then misses Ful and Ports at home, sort of game that he would probaly be booked in anyway :D .

That's what i was thinking, it would be ideal. This situation also makes the signing of Sandro good business.

Shame about Chelsea last night :) .......as the scammers would say "the cracks are beginning to show!!!"

The special one did a number on them :D

Word on the street is that Spurs will play with a 5 man midfield with Kabul replacing Defoe, probaly not a bad idea taking into consideration the way Stoke play and can always revert to 4 in mid if things are going wrong.

I think I will have to revise my picks and make a 0-0 result zzzzzzz :)

Word on the street is that Spurs will play with a 5 man midfield with Kabul replacing Defoe, probaly not a bad idea taking into consideration the way Stoke play and can always revert to 4 in mid if things are going wrong.

I hope you're wrong alfie. I can understand this tactic employed against Man U or Chelsea looking for a draw but Stoke? Absolute nonsense. We should play our own game which seems to be suiting us well at the moment. :)