Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Carmine, Soldado was too isolated in the last game as well, do you think a different formation might improve things? Only suggesting as you have a large squad to tinker with.

It's not the formation, it's the personnel, Dembele is more of a defensive player these days, from the first couple of games it didn't take a rocket science to see that we need a more attacking player at the top of the 3 hence the reason we bought Erikson and Lamela, plus Holtby has been injured.

Chav telling us where we are going wrong laugh.png hows the zonal marking going anyway biggrin.png

Always very nicely cut grass at the Emirates I seem to recall.

Time now for Mr Villas-Boas and Mr Baldini to put goals where the money is.

Spurs to go handsomely top.

Enjoy.

I'm sure Arsenal fans did quite "enjoy" Spurs spend 100m quid , Arsenal not a penny .Spurs didn't miss GB at all rolleyes.gif good game though...... for the neutral.

Think you need to worry about your own mob rather than have a pop at us , who said we didn't miss Bale ?

Good post Carms. It's also the first I have seen of Paulinho and he looks a good prospect

Oh theres positives amongst the obvious disappointment. Hopefully we will pay them back at WHL. I think we'll be a different prospect anyway in a couple of months and the period between august and christmas was always going to be about hanging in until the business end and winter arrives when squad strength becomes a factor.

The win was also probably more important to them than us. If it had been at WHL it would have been a real blow. Disappointed but not downtrodden!!

Eriksen should greatly improve the device to Soldado which is clearly a factor that needs addressing.

Yes this and your last post nailed it for me.

We need a new left back still though.

he needs time and with his pacei mo its worth giving him some . not 2 much xmas will be ample. and we've still asseoboy under contract . i know , he's gone , yeah yeah yeah!!!!!

Arsenal played well and deserved the win. Always disappointing to lose a north London derby but as the season pans out i feel we'll go from strength to strength. Its a scratch team thats yet to gel. Christmas is the better indicator of where we all are. The linking up, individual awareness and general understanding amongst a new team will take a while but its clearly there and will happen in time. Chadli and Townsend looked good on either side but Soldado was too isolated. i was surprised how well Ramsey played. Probably the best i've seen him play.

The injury to Capoue looks nasty and we'll have to wait on that one but at least we have Sandro back.

Yes good post. You have made of lot of good signings on paper but of course they need time to settle and gel. Like you said Christmas will be a better indicator.

Arsenal played well and deserved the win. Always disappointing to lose a north London derby but as the season pans out i feel we'll go from strength to strength. Its a scratch team thats yet to gel. Christmas is the better indicator of where we all are. The linking up, individual awareness and general understanding amongst a new team will take a while but its clearly there and will happen in time. Chadli and Townsend looked good on either side but Soldado was too isolated. i was surprised how well Ramsey played. Probably the best i've seen him play.

The injury to Capoue looks nasty and we'll have to wait on that one but at least we have Sandro back.

Yes good post. You have made of lot of good signings on paper but of course they need time to settle and gel. Like you said Christmas will be a better indicator.

Bye bye breathless excitement, hello level-headedness on this thread, eh?

Sounds more like "hello gloating know it alls"

You scraped in 1-0 at home against a scratch side Thats the reality, get over it. Anyone would have thought Arsenal had actually won something seeing the players celebrating at the end.

Yes very true AVB might just last till then.

Lloris was very good as a keeper and more important during this game, excellent as a sweeper!

Cracking game for me. thumbsup.gif

Indeed. Arguably the best keeper in the EPL for my money. Excellent judgement. Spurs are lucky to have him.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Lloris was very good as a keeper and more important during this game, excellent as a sweeper!

Cracking game for me. thumbsup.gif

Indeed. Arguably the best keeper in the EPL for my money. Excellent judgement. Spurs are lucky to have him.coffee1.gif

i said a couple of months ago on here i thought he's the best keeper in the league and i still do.

Plays as a sweeper for us and i'd think that he or Vertonghen would make a very good captain because when Kaboul returns i can't see Dawson starting hardly at all.

Carmine, Soldado was too isolated in the last game as well, do you think a different formation might improve things? Only suggesting as you have a large squad to tinker with.

It's not the formation, it's the personnel, Dembele is more of a defensive player these days, from the first couple of games it didn't take a rocket science to see that we need a more attacking player at the top of the 3 hence the reason we bought Erikson and Lamela, plus Holtby has been injured.

Chav telling us where we are going wrong laugh.png hows the zonal marking going anyway biggrin.png

Probably better than your understanding of what a question mark is.

Looks like I need to get up to speed with this zonal marking debate.

I thought the story was that Mancini had it right but Pellegrini with his man to man marking hasn't.

Is Mr Mourhino getting some sort of grief on this issue or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Looks like I need to get up to speed with this zonal marking debate.

I thought the story was that Mancini had it right but Pellegrini with his man to man marking hasn't.

Is Mr Mourhino getting some sort of grief on this issue or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Ask mjj, he's the thread expert on zonal marking laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

No grammatical abuse please....gouging, backstabbing or drive by shootings only.

Thanks. smile.png

OK. Tell me where he lives and I'll see what I can arrange. :-D

Alfie lives in a world far far away, where he eats porridge, drinks tea and dreams of Emma Watson.xmellow.png.pagespeed.ic.vv3GCG8Loc.webp

As of today correct on the first two and now iv'e some pics of Miss Watson, tomorrow morning you will be correct on all three rolleyes.gif

You scraped in 1-0 at home against a scratch side Thats the reality, get over it. Anyone would have thought Arsenal had actually won something seeing the players celebrating at the end.

they did carms, the N. London derby ! and if it wasn't for your keeper it could have been 5 - 0 biggrin.png

didn't sound much like a library too against 100 million pounds plus worth of over hyped Turkeys and their over excited followers.

gobble gobble gobble. tongue.png

they did carms, the N. London derby ! and if it wasn't for your keeper it could have been 5 - 0 biggrin.png

didn't sound much like a library too against 100 million pounds plus worth of over hyped Turkeys and their over excited followers.

BBQ King Prawns on Ko Samui.

Not sure about Mr Moyes.

Think you was watching a different game to everyone else Tiges, you won one nil with us not playing great :

12 Total Shots 14

5 Shots on Target 5
74% Pass Success 85%
53% Aerial Success 47%
9 Dribbles 14
29 Tackles 14
Possession
43% 57%

29 Tackles 14

That's what won it, along with more incisive attacking play. Lloris saved it being a drubbing to be honest.

5 Shots on Target 5

Admittedly Lloris's saves were more spectacular !

I think he's the best keeper in the league right now. thumbsup.gif

29 Tackles 14

That's what won it, along with more incisive attacking play. Lloris saved it being a drubbing to be honest.

5 Shots on Target 5

Admittedly Lloris's saves were more spectacular !

I think he's the best keeper in the league right now. thumbsup.gif

I agree and he's also the best sweeper