Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Dembele is a mire attacking option than Sandro but we'll have to wait and see for the weekend which way AVB feels is best to start.

Mouthwatering game this one!

When I used to watch Spurs in the early 80's, with such fine players as Ardiles, Hoddle, Villa, Hazard, Danny Thomas, Hughton, Archibald, Crooks..... I loved the football we played, and the style, the result sometimes was not so heart breaking. This new side, quality of squad, style of play.... makes me reminisce... I used to be nervous before games like Chelsea, now I am filled with anticipation and excitement, bring it on !!!

The style is back in the team's play....I thought last season the movement and counter attacking was at times superb....this season we will have to pick the lick much more.

Against the chavs however it should be more open....I expect a few goals and an entertaining game.

Yes, the style is there...I am impressed by the speed of our play, and pretty much the speed all of our players, AVB has targeted mainly young, skilful and pacey players, and it's a pleasure to watch. Whether we can maintain such high standards over the whole season, only time will tell, but I feel Spurs have one of the strongest squads in depth, and quality, to take the challenge all of the way to the finishing line. Only after 8-10 games will I see how the story will unfurl, City have a great squad too and are beginning to settle, United will undoubtedly bounce back... I'm not sure yet about Chelsea or Arsenal, time will tell.

Dembele is a mire attacking option than Sandro but we'll have to wait and see for the weekend which way AVB feels is best to start.

When I used to watch Spurs in the early 80's, with such fine players as Ardiles, Hoddle, Villa, Hazard, Danny Thomas, Hughton, Archibald, Crooks..... I loved the football we played, and the style, the result sometimes was not so heart breaking. This new side, quality of squad, style of play.... makes me reminisce... I used to be nervous before games like Chelsea, now I am filled with anticipation and excitement, bring it on !!!

I can remember being at your pub ground many times when Micky Hazard was the only player in the side with any attempt at invention.

Hoddle, probably the most gifted player England has ever produced, Ardiles, member of the Argentine 1978 world cup winning team who glided over the turf at WHL.... Hazard the only inventive player!!!... you are quite obviously devoid of any football knowledge, which therefore makes you officially the biggest <deleted> visiting this Spurs thread, congratulations on your award.

I can remember being at your pub ground many times when Micky Hazard was the only player in the side with any attempt at invention.

Hoddle, probably the most gifted player England has ever produced, Ardiles, member of the Argentine 1978 world cup winning team who glided over the turf at WHL.... Hazard the only inventive player!!!... you are quite obviously devoid of any football knowledge, which therefore makes you officially the biggest <deleted> visiting this Spurs thread, congratulations on your award.

Ain't got a clue the Arse mob, while was Hazard was good he wasn't even a regular !

Don't be too hard on Chic Coq, he's French, and often has a bad hair day, sometimes those rollers hurt so much he gets right tetchy. He'll probably sulk for a while, but he'll bounce back ready for another round of Sid.

• Like 1

I think we can expect a second string side tonight and a debut for Vlad Chiriches. Done my reading on this guy because i knew of nothing about him and i have to say it could be a piece of inspired work by Baldini.

Looks like we have already won.....

ASTON Villa boss Paul Lambert has admitted Saturdays Barclays Premier League showdown with Manchester City is his priority as he prepares his side for tonights Capital One Cup clash with
Tottenham.

Lambert told his clubs official website: Weve played really hard teams in this opening spell three teams you think will be round about there in Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, and now weve got two more tough ones.

The main one is Saturday but well do our best to get through the Tottenham tie.

I liked to watch spurs when they had that team, Ardilles was one of my favourite players at the time. It's a great feeling having both excitement and confidence before a game; lap it up and enjoy it

• Like 1

I'm stunned. What about all the spurs fans visiting the Spurs thread surely one of those.........thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

I think we can expect a second string side tonight and a debut for Vlad Chiriches. Done my reading on this guy because i knew of nothing about him and i have to say it could be a piece of inspired work by Baldini.

Looks like we have already won.....

ASTON Villa boss Paul Lambert has admitted Saturdays Barclays Premier League showdown with Manchester City is his priority as he prepares his side for tonights Capital One Cup clash with
Tottenham.

Lambert told his clubs official website: Weve played really hard teams in this opening spell three teams you think will be round about there in Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, and now weve got two more tough ones.

The main one is Saturday but well do our best to get through the Tottenham tie.

I don't blame him for this as league has to be priority. Good run out for your 2nd firtst teamsmile.png

Enjoyed watchin them myself....especially at Anfield. 5555555 (or should I say 7070707070?)

Edited by wilai

Enjoyed watchin them myself....especially at Anfield. 5555555 (or should I say 7070707070?)

I think you're on the wrong thread mate.... now crawl back into your dark damp hole (thread) where you belong... and stay there... you're more than pathetic.

I think you're on the wrong thread mate.... now crawl back into your dark damp hole (thread) where you belong... and stay there... you're more than pathetic.

Nick, you can't blame the Mickey Mousers for clinging to the past. They haven't won the league since the back pass was outlawed.They never did know how to defend, the keeper used to have the ball more than any other Liverpool player. They used to bore teams into submission.

biggrin.png

I think you're on the wrong thread mate.... now crawl back into your dark damp hole (thread) where you belong... and stay there... you're more than pathetic.

Nick, you can't blame the Mickey Mousers for clinging to the past. They haven't won the league since the back pass was outlawed.They never did know how to defend, the keeper used to have the ball more than any other Liverpool player. They used to bore teams into submission.

Posted Image

Bookmarked for our post match Anfield banter. :D

Well I see a resounding win last night. Cannot find any video on line. Any one have any links please? Really would like to see the goals, but more important for me is to watch Chiriches, Fryers, Kane, Chadli, Sandro and Lamela, or get a good commentary on individual performances. COYS

biggrin.png

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize he is a mickey mouser, I would have gone easy on him, he must be suffering after all these years in the wilderness.... and still living in the 70's ad 80's, wonder if he still dresses like in those days gone by cheesy.gif

Well I see a resounding win last night. Cannot find any video on line. Any one have any links please? Really would like to see the goals, but more important for me is to watch Chiriches, Fryers, Kane, Chadli, Sandro and Lamela, or get a good commentary on individual performances. COYS

http://www.premier-football-news.net/england/aston-villa-vs-tottenham-0-4-highlights-goal-video-2013-5545.html

Looks like Holtby is really living up to why we bought him... pulled the strings with Lamela as I understand... only 3 players featured from Sunday, emphasising the strength in depth we have.

• Like 1

Villa 0 Spurs 4, no matter how you look at it, a good result away from home against another premier league side, with only 3 players featuring from the Cardiff victory... More importantly, even with the 'ol fella Friedel in goal, another clean sheet. Chiriches debut, Lamela, Defoe, Chadli, Sandro, Fryers, Chadli and Holtby, doesn't exactly sound like a second string does it. I feel that Chiriches will be a valuable signing as the season progresses...I also have a feeling that Holtby is going to develop into a really great player, and if we can get Ade back to full fitness, the squad looks remarkably strong. Still not getting carried away though, just enjoying watching the flowing creative football, with a tinge of belief.... and that something very good and exciting is happening at Spurs. Time will tell....

• Like 1

http://www.premier-football-news.net/england/aston-villa-vs-tottenham-0-4-highlights-goal-video-2013-5545.html

Looks like Holtby is really living up to why we bought him... pulled the strings with Lamela as I understand... only 3 players featured from Sunday, emphasising the strength in depth we have.

Thanks for the links. From the limited coverage looks like we were a handful. Any injuries reported? Are you in UK?

DEFOE or SOLDADO to start?

For me it's a tough call. Lamela and Erikson service - is this what Defoe has been craving for? (Not to mention Holtby, Rose et al). Tough call for AVB. Two more good goals and one with his head see Nick's link.

Views from the Spurs Fans?

What a brilliant position to be in.

DEFOE or SOLDADO to start?

For me it's a tough call. Lamela and Erikson service - is this what Defoe has been craving for? (Not to mention Holtby, Rose et al). Tough call for AVB. Two more good goals and one with his head see Nick's link.

Views from the Spurs Fans?

What a brilliant position to be in.

If you are talking saturday i think he'll go 4231 but the pick is very difficult due to injuries and the sttus seems to be lept very stum However i'll go

Lloris

Walker Dawson(Kaboul) Vertonghen Rose (Fryers)

Paulinho Sandro

Lamela Eriksen Chadl

Soldado

Ofcourse he might start with Townsend and he might choose Capoue if he fit but i doubt it as he'll be too rusty.

This is not the game for Townsend to be cutting in to shoot every five minutes. Chances need to be taken with clinical finishing and i think we will win. Certainly won't be happy with a draw.

Anyone gets any info re Rose's injury please post. My only worry for saturday! If Fryers, or God forbid Naughton start they will target us down there for 90 minutes! Why wouldn't you!!

Well as I'm sure you know he is a "probable". Fingers crossed!

Nice win that last night wasn't it? biggrin.png

I can remember the 1969 League Cup final when you gooners fielded a team of NO invention.

SWINDON TOWN 3 ARSENAL 1

Two years after QPR' heroics another Third Divivison side carved their name in Wembley folklore. This showpiece belonged to one man, Swindon midfielder Don Rodgers. He ran the Gunners' ragged.

I should add....Chavs beware....lol

See you on Saturday.

• Like 1