Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well, we got the points, which was all that game was about. I thought that Bale, again, and Kaboul (cant believe i'm saying this!) were both excellent. I think he has found his best position.

I'm going to give our manager the credit :) and presume that Ledley will be playing against Man City. He has said in the press that two games in a week is not out of the question so we'll see. Let's face it, to play him against Bolton in the certain knowledge that he could'nt play at City would be total insanity!!!

I'm confident of winning up at Eastlands. We'll go for it and if we do who cares if West Ham bend over. :D

Credit to City, by all accounts they played well last night, so looking forward to a great match. Hopefully we'll play a 4 5 1 to start with a midfield of Lennon Palacios Huddlestone Modric Bale with Pav upfront. Defense wise, same as, and i'm sure Gomes will be fine. Great keeper but total ponce when it comes to getting the odd knock. Seen him whimpering on time an again. IF Ledley is unfit there's still Bassong but i've already said my bit on that :D

Personally I thought Pav had an atrocious match and has for the last couple of games. I was screaming at the telly for Arry to take him off. He got caught in possession loads of times and gave the ball away on more than one occasion. I would rather see Crouch or Gudjohnsson in the side. One things for sure if we dont play better than saturday we wont beat City. Come you Spurs and stop giving the ball away in the defensive third.

I found it strange that he took off Defoe rather than Pav, while Defoe didnt have many chances i thought his all round game was quite good unlike Pav's, it wouldn't surprise me if Defoe was still carrying an injury :D .

I agree with you. I thought Pav was <deleted> aswell but i still think if he can play like his normal self, he's better suited to a 4 5 1, and as i said earlier thats what i hope we play at Eastlands.

Edited by carmine

Dare I ask.......Looking beyond the weekend!

I'm not counting my chickens, just interested in some opinions.

If Spurs end up in the top 4 is it sustainable for us, will the funds from hopefully a half decent run in the CL and the re-awakening of, and some new support be enough to become a part of the establishment?

I think we would all agree that United and Chelsea will feature for the foreseeable future, Man City will inevitable become a member as long as the owner doesn't get bored with football.

So going forward we would need to out perform liverpool, Arsenal and those (like us this year) that will have good seasons and challenge.

Thoughts?

If Spurs end up in the top 4 is it sustainable for us, will the funds from hopefully a half decent run in the CL and the re-awakening of, and some new support be enough to become a part of the establishment?

I think we would all agree that United and Chelsea will feature for the foreseeable future, Man City will inevitable become a member as long as the owner doesn't get bored with football.

So going forward we would need to out perform liverpool, Arsenal and those (like us this year) that will have good seasons and challenge.

Thoughts?

If we can buy a top quality striker we have every chance of continuing to do well. Its an excellent squad at the moment maybe if there's enough cash another central defender to cover King and Woodgate's inevitable injuries.

Liverpool are a mess and will take years to sort out imo. That leaves five clubs chasing four spots. Not bad odds really.

Big question mark however remains on a new stadium.

Thoughts?

If we can buy a top quality striker we have every chance of continuing to do well. Its an excellent squad at the moment maybe if there's enough cash another central defender to cover King and Woodgate's inevitable injuries.

Liverpool are a mess and will take years to sort out imo. That leaves five clubs chasing four spots. Not bad odds really.

No question marks about the new stadium. It's signed off.

Regards central defenders i think its simple. We cannot go into another campaign with Woodgate unless there are clear signs of recovery. To finish top four, you cannot have your best players out all season.Bassong has great potential and Dawson is a model pro having had a terrific season. But we need someone else of Ledleys class if Woodgate is finished.

Keane, Crouch Pav and Defoe is great for the squad, but if we were to step up to CL football then two must go for one world class striker.

Contrary to the <deleted> that Rednapp has been spouting out recently about our keepers, he has left us with no real cover at the back and we'll need to get a decent back up to Gomes.

I can see one or two strikers plus JJ on the way out but thats pretty much it.

What a lot of people seem to forget though is that fourth place only gets you to the qualifiers, so even if we do get fourth theres a load more to do.

Liverpool are currently in a mess but i think that the competition for top four next season will be even tougher than this year, Everton certainly being up there, as will Liverpool, whether some like to believe it or not

Thoughts?

Here they go... :D

" We're gonna be a big Club soon, we're gonna be a big Club soon.." Bwahahaha

" If we finish top 4..........If we buy a quality Striker..." :)

Better than "If we get a new manager" or "If we've not gone bankrupt" :D

If we've not gone bankrupt makes no sense... :D

Dare I ask.......Looking beyond the weekend! I'm not counting my chickens, just interested in some opinions. If Spurs end up in the top 4 is it sustainable for us, will the funds from hopefully a half decent run in the CL and the re-awakening of, and some new support be enough to become a part of the establishment? I think we would all agree that United and Chelsea will feature for the foreseeable future, Man City will inevitable become a member as long as the owner doesn't get bored with football. So going forward we would need to out perform liverpool, Arsenal and those (like us this year) that will have good seasons and challenge. Thoughts?
If we can buy a top quality striker we have every chance of continuing to do well. Its an excellent squad at the moment maybe if there's enough cash another central defender to cover King and Woodgate's inevitable injuries. Liverpool are a mess and will take years to sort out imo. That leaves five clubs chasing four spots. Not bad odds really. Big question mark however remains on a new stadium.
Here they go... :D " We're gonna be a big Club soon, we're gonna be a big Club soon.." Bwahahaha " If we finish top 4..........If we buy a quality Striker..." :)

Your not expected to understand such planning strategies Mr Singh

Fair point but no news on next season's incumbent yet? I hear Souness is 20/1.

Fair point but no news on next season's incumbent yet? I hear Souness is 20/1.

Who knows, i'm just still giggling at the possibility that our shitness is gonna cost you a CL place... :D

Who knows, i'm just still giggling at the possibility that our shitness is gonna cost you a CL place... :D

Enjoy your fun. I'm pleased you're now admitting there's no way you could have beaten City anyway. A healthy attitude to take into next season. :)

I hope they don't renege on our deal Singhy :D

We're well aware of what we need to do don't worry about that ya pair of crooks. :)

I hope they don't renege on our deal Singhy :D

We're well aware of what we need to do don't worry about that ya pair of crooks. :)

We should have roped in John Higgins and made some money out of it :D

Enjoy your fun. I'm pleased you're now admitting there's no way you could have beaten City anyway. A healthy attitude to take into next season. :)

I am a realist & like to tell the truth as much as possible Smokie me old China, even if others don't necessarily like or agree with it... :D

I am a realist & like to tell the truth as much as possible Smokie me old China, even if others don't necessarily like or agree with it... :D

Oh really? Smellies at five for a tenner? Bargain mate I'll take a box. :)

To all the scammers, lets just clear this one up.

Providing we beat or draw with City you lot are irrelevent to us and if we lose to City you are still basically irrelevent to us because i don't think at the moment that at the top of your game you are capable of getting anything from them. :D

I'd be more concerned about the possible arrival of Souness :) No one desrves that.

If we take fourth we've done it on merit and i personally don't give a <deleted> what anyone else thinks. If City do it they have deserved it and good luck to them. :D

The results of Gomes scan have shown no tear so hopefully he should be cleared to play on Wednesday. Also hear Ledley King is doing well. :D

Fantastic keeper but i told you he was a big girls blouse. :D

As far as Ledleys concerned, the proof is seeing his name on the team sheet come tomorrow night. Lets face it, just because Harry says something does'nt really matter a toss. :)

To all the scammers, lets just clear this one up.

Providing we beat or draw with City you lot are irrelevent to us and if we lose to City you are still basically irrelevent to us because i don't think at the moment that at the top of your game you are capable of getting anything from them. :D

I'd be more concerned about the possible arrival of Souness :) No one desrves that.

If we take fourth we've done it on merit and i personally don't give a <deleted> what anyone else thinks. If City do it they have deserved it and good luck to them. :D

Thanks for the thought Mr Carmine but we ( us Scammers ) cleared that up in our own mind long ago... :D

My team for the City game :

Gomes

kabul Dawson king Ekotto

Lennon Palacious Hudd Bale

Modric

Defoe

How about the rest of yous.

Are King & Hilarious fit then ??

Thats my team if everyones fit, I think King will play so as not to make Ari a liar but the replacements are self explanatory and i thought Hilarious plays for chelsea :D .

Note : i see we have all the scammers posters on here, a grand total of 2, i suppose quality over quantity :) .

Edited by alfieconn

Gomes

kabul Dawson king Ekotto

Modric

Defoe

Are King & Hilarious fit then ??

Thats my team if everyones fit, I think King will play so as not to make Ari a liar but the replacements are self explanatory and i thought Hilarious plays for chelsea :D .

Note : i see we have all the scammers posters on here, a grand total of 2, i suppose quality over quantity :) .

Definately going along with that with the exception that i'd have the Russian upfront.

Since there's a few Tottenham lads on the forum now you all might what to read an article by Rob Kelly, in todays Daily Telegraph regarding a recent interview with Benoit AE. It's certainly frank......

Edited by carmine

Since there's a few Tottenham lads on the forum now you all might what to read an article by Rob Kelly, in todays Daily Telegraph regarding a recent interview with Benoit AE. It's certainly frank......

Yeah see it, nice to see someone who doesn't talk b*llocks.

Who ??

You don't mena Benoit do you ??

Cos he was rapping & doing a very good John Cena/Dr Dre/50 Cent impression on a packed Inter-Terminal Tram in Beijing in teh Summer & i have never heard such <deleted> in my life than what was coming out of his Mouth for those 10 minutes, fcukign Idiot..

Who ??

You don't mena Benoit do you ??

Cos he was rapping & doing a very good John Cena/Dr Dre/50 Cent impression on a packed Inter-Terminal Tram in Beijing in teh Summer & i have never heard such <deleted> in my life than what was coming out of his Mouth for those 10 minutes, fcukign Idiot..

I take it you rapped along with him :) .

Gomes

kabul Dawson king Ekotto

Modric

Defoe

I'd forget Ekotto bring Pav into the side and have real go. We need to go at them imo no point in sitting back and not creating enough chances. I'd rather not be chasing the game at any point. Get a goal and then think about a more defensive style second half.