Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Of course it isn't Ray Clemence is a babbling old fool.

By the way, Townsend has gone under the knife and misses the WC.

I know.

Talk of Paulinho going to Chelski btw.

Mourinho is reported as liking him.

Told you I knew me onions.

thumbsup.gif

Chelsea are considering a shock move for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Paulinho just a year after the Brazilian moved to White Hart Lane.

Spurs could use Chelsea’s interest in Paulinho to boost their bid to sign number one striker target Romelu Lukaku.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10799403/Chelsea-consider-shock-move-for-Tottenham-midfielder-Paulinho.html

I also read somewhere that Jose's valuation of Lukaku is 35 mil, what's Paulinho's?

If Jose rates him so highly, why not just keep one of the best young strikers???

Very true, if he was worth 35m he'd hardly be selling him would he especially with what he currently has at his disposal.

• Like 1

I know.

Talk of Paulinho going to Chelski btw.

Mourinho is reported as liking him.

Told you I knew me onions.

thumbsup.gif

Chelsea are considering a shock move for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Paulinho just a year after the Brazilian moved to White Hart Lane.

Spurs could use Chelsea’s interest in Paulinho to boost their bid to sign number one striker target Romelu Lukaku.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10799403/Chelsea-consider-shock-move-for-Tottenham-midfielder-Paulinho.html

I also read somewhere that Jose's valuation of Lukaku is 35 mil, what's Paulinho's?

If Jose rates him so highly, why not just keep one of the best young strikers???

Very true, if he was worth 35m he'd hardly be selling him would he especially with what he currently has at his disposal.

He hasn't seemed to be interested in Lukaku from day one. I have no doubt that he will try to sell him now the valuation is up. If I were a Chelsea supporter I'd be a bit miffed as Lukaku has done well at both WBA and Everton, what more does he need to do to earn his stripes? He's now got at lot of PL experience which other players won't have and I think in the right team he will get better. Maybe he would be better suited to a team that plays attacking football as opposed to defensive and for that reason maybe Jose doesn't see his future with him. I can understand the interest in Paulinho, he has showed a lot of class at times, but went off the boil a little, but will probably come good in Brazil. Knowing Jose he wants to get a 'price' before any possibility of having a great WC happens. Of course Lukaku could have a great WC too and if so I wonder how fans will think about selling him then?

I also heard the reasoning being that Lukaku demands first team football which i find very hard to believe. Apart from Suarez, Aguero, in the slightly dipping form of Negredo can anyone put a case for automatic selection over rotation.

Mourinho's looking to avert attention from the fact he screwed up loaning him by making a big profit and backing that up by saying he didn't fit into his plans. Mindyou if Chelsea play any more defensively they won't have need for strikers will they.

I'd like to see Lukaku at Spurs

Edited by carmine

Was he going to the World Cup then ?
not on recent form. As 4 lukaka, at the start of the seaon murry gave him a chanse 2 play like he wanted him 2 ie sole striker and you've got to be able to work a x the line , he tried but tbh, didnt look very good at it , maybe next season.

I also heard the reasoning being that Lukaku demands first team football which i find very hard to believe. Apart from Suarez, Aguero, in the slightly dipping form of Negredo can anyone put a case for automatic selection over rotation.

Mourinho's looking to avert attention from the fact he screwed up loaning him by making a big profit and backing that up by saying he didn't fit into his plans. Mindyou if Chelsea play any more defensively they won't have need for strikers will they.

I'm of two minds on this. I still figure that Mou doesn't like Lukaku's style as he tends to position himself out on the edge a lot and looks like he'd rather be a winger than a #9. OTOH, if Mourinho is intent on playing counter attack a bunch, then I would think Mou would put some value on Lukaku.

Everything being equal, I don't think Mou sees Lukaku as his perfect kind of striker, and is going to hold out for a box menace.

• Like 1

I think he would have had a good chance of being in the 23.

I think he would have had a good chance of being in the 23.

Not if Hodgson read his playing stats he wouldn't. Over rated one trick pony that doesn't cross well, can't shoot, one in forty-five goal attempts (that was supposed to be a cross) and wastes possession.

Not if Hodgson read his playing stats he wouldn't. Over rated one trick pony that doesn't cross well, can't shoot, one in forty-five goal attempts (that was supposed to be a cross) and wastes possession.

That's puts him ahead of most English players.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

I think we have some very decent players but as usual the management will get it all wrong, be too predictable, too cautious and the players, dare i say it, as in the last world cup, simply not fit enough.

biggrin.png

Townsend does appear to play better football on a proper sized pitch.

I'm of two minds on this. I still figure that Mou doesn't like Lukaku's style as he tends to position himself out on the edge a lot and looks like he'd rather be a winger than a #9. OTOH, if Mourinho is intent on playing counter attack a bunch, then I would think Mou would put some value on Lukaku.

Everything being equal, I don't think Mou sees Lukaku as his perfect kind of striker, and is going to hold out for a box menace.

That's how it looks to me. thumbsup.gif

Lukaku OK go to Spurs. No problemo.

Similar story to Mata I reckon.

Right or wrong who knows. Top managers make top money for making big decisions.

I concur. Chelsea have one of the meanest defences in the prem and I think Mourinho will carry on with that philosophy. That IMO means he only has room for a lone striker but one who can bag a lot of goals. If he goes more offensive than that with 2 strikers, he will lose the rigidity at the back and then leak more goals.

I concur. Chelsea have one of the meanest defences in the prem and I think Mourinho will carry on with that philosophy. That IMO means he only has room for a lone striker but one who can bag a lot of goals. If he goes more offensive than that with 2 strikers, he will lose the rigidity at the back and then leak more goals.

I think you guys are right. Drogba and Lampard used too get the goals for Mourinho before he went away.

Most of our goals atm are coming from midfielders.

Interesting to see who brings in.

Sori tim but getting de boer to the lane has a new slant and urgency ,,,, BERGKAMP cheesy.gif wouldn't i love to see him in a spurs trekkyclap2.gif

won't be travelling with you to Europe though......oh sorrybiggrin.png

Sori tim but getting de boer to the lane has a new slant and urgency ,,,, BERGKAMP cheesy.gif wouldn't i love to see him in a spurs trekkyclap2.gif

won't be travelling with you to Europe though......oh sorrybiggrin.png

get up to speed wee willy,, kings x to europe in hour 30 biggrin.png and they've got freight just in case he wants to take his statue with him. clap2.gif

• Like 1

Might also help beating the gunners for Veltman.

Arsenal are ready to battle with neighbours Tottenham Hotspur for the Ajax central defender Joel Veltman.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10802718/Arsenal-battle-Tottenham-in-race-to-sign-Ajax-defender-Joel-Veltman.html

Tripe.

• Like 1

Tripe.

Sense of humor P45?!

But its not really so much tripe is it and frankly with the squad he has available to him its embarrassing that he's won nothing (as with madrid last season) and bores us all to death in the process.

I would reckon that a certain russian is far from happy right now.

Edited by carmine

Arsenal are ready to battle with neighbours Tottenham Hotspur for the Ajax central defender Joel Veltman.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10802718/Arsenal-battle-Tottenham-in-race-to-sign-Ajax-defender-Joel-Veltman.html

Don't be silly, Arsenal don't battle the tiny totts for anyone.

Ask Emannuel Petit.

“I don’t know if it was Gerry Francis who paid, but it’s true the day I arrived in England I first went to White Hart Lane. I had a meeting with Mr Sugar and they made me an offer.

“Two hours later they ordered me a black cab, it was pre-paid, and I went to see Arsene Wenger at his place. When I arrived he was with David Dein, and two hours later I’d given my word to Arsenal”

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Roman that told him to stop blaming everyone else for defeats.

His comments on Atletico were out of character for him (unless he's expecting a managerial swap deal at the end of the season and fancies another go in Spain).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Roman that told him to stop blaming everyone else for defeats.

His comments on Atletico were out of character for him (unless he's expecting a managerial swap deal at the end of the season and fancies another go in Spain).

He was beat like a bad dog, and for once he knew it.

Don't be silly, Arsenal don't battle the tiny totts for anyone.

Ask Emannuel Petit.

“I don’t know if it was Gerry Francis who paid, but it’s true the day I arrived in England I first went to White Hart Lane. I had a meeting with Mr Sugar and they made me an offer.

“Two hours later they ordered me a black cab, it was pre-paid, and I went to see Arsene Wenger at his place. When I arrived he was with David Dein, and two hours later I’d given my word to Arsenal”

Please remember to engage Brain before opening mouth !!!!!

Jan Vertonghen: I chose Spurs over Arsenal – despite Dennis Bergkamp’s advice
default-user.png?zoom=3&resize=40%2C40
  • Like 1

He was beat like a bad dog, and for once he knew it.

Looks like generosity can be misinterpreted.

(BTW, Congratulating Mike Dean and Mike Riley was a master stroke. Costly, I grant you. smile.png )