Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Starting to become clear why Pochettino has dropped Vertonghen. Seems he's refused to sign a new contract.

Which is of course his right.

Can't understand why that affects his playing unless he refuses to......get him in the shop window Poch!

Remember the season before last he and Bale made Sky's premier all star team as left center back and left wing respectively. Then Barca turned his head and last season Vertonghen was an absolute disgrace in his don't give a <deleted> attitude. So agreed, if he isn't prepared to play as well as he has shown he can sell him in january.

Mind you, i don't rate Chiriches much either.

sori guys but i aint changed my tune since day one, it aint about attitude or having his head turned its about his defensive game not being good enuf hense him being dropped by us and during the w/c there he only got bac in cos of injury at lb and there he played well, the season he shone 4 us all about him getting 4 ward use him as holding midfeilder like wenger 1st said or as a w/b and he'll shine other wise ,,,, get rid.

That's good.... For now. I believe the best interests of the club would be served by a sale in the Summer months; before mid August! Probably the optimum time in terms ofe value would be on completion of the stadium project.
hmmm agreed a sale during close season would be less disruptive. But like it or.not the clubs cash flow and i would have thought short value is gonna be gonna be hit by ground build and the ground share, how badly? could the wanks pulling out be an indicator? Edited by rijit

neither inspire great confidence tbh alfie. get verts goin 4 wad great defensively v poor and clich's a right footer playing on the left side and against the quality the arsewipes have they'll take advantage .And given our form recently cant see a hapi outcome for us 2 day. will be v v v hapi to be wrong.

I'm wondering if he will go with a more defensive formation today ! perhaps a 4-3-3 and hopefully with Verts playing instead of Chiriches.

a more defensive formation ?

you have'nt got a bleeding defence Alfie ! and if you are anything like on a par with us that's probably it.

and as for your midfield like i have told you time and time again.

now where's that sketch from Fawlty towers, with Manuel ?

here it is

come to think of it Alfie, he's a bit like your manager, innit ? biggrin.png

Edited by tigerfish

I'm wondering if he will go with a more defensive formation today ! perhaps a 4-3-3 and hopefully with Verts playing instead of Chiriches.

4-4-2. Kane and Ade up front. I pray Kaboul and Chiriches are benched.

After note. Last season we were crucifying Naughton, Rose and on occasions Daws. Levy / Baldini you are a couple of clowns.

Edited by iancnx

^

Yeh. Correct.

And we gave City Lampard by a round about route. wink.png

A draw suits me at the Emirates, but if the @rse give Spurs a good hiding I won't complain.

Surprising how well Koeman is doing with Pochettino's old squad, plus about £90mil in the bank.

Funny ol game.

Edited by P45Mustang

Good point for us last night. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Capoue my standouts. Kaboul in particular took a step back in time to when he was very good with a real captains performance.

Pochettino's gameplan to sit deep and keep things very tight worked as could be seen by the antics of the ever whining Wenger. Apparently we were supposed to sit high, play wide and let his midfield stroll through!

Lastly, nice to see a bit of grit in the side. For once!

• Like 1

Good point for us last night. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Capoue my standouts. Kaboul in particular took a step back in time to when he was very good with a real captains performance.

Pochettino's gameplan to sit deep and keep things very tight worked as could be seen by the antics of the ever whining Wenger. Apparently we were supposed to sit high, play wide and let his midfield stroll through!

Lastly, nice to see a bit of grit in the side. For once!

Yes all three did well and our keeper was outstanding as well.

I do wonder at the wisdom of using Adebayor as our lone striker for the last half hour....perhaps someone with more pace would have been better.

A well won point though!

Haven't watched your games this season, but I'm interested to know your evaluations of Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli. Eriksen started playing well last season and looked good, Lamela we were told was going to be the main man and Chadli was a meh buy. Looking at the results only Chadli is looking the best buy. Is this the case?

Eriksen was anonymous last night. Like Chadli he blows hot and cold.

Lamela is shaping up into a decent prospect..... He will develop with this new squad.

I agree Adebayor was almost begging to be subbed. He was on his chin straps in the second half. Should have put Kane on. Trust in those youngsters Mauricio !

Lamela is shaping up into a decent prospect..... He will develop with this new squad.

I agree Adebayor was almost begging to be subbed. He was on his chin straps in the second half. Should have put Kane on. Trust in those youngsters Mauricio !

Thought Mason did well too....all in all not bad but we really need someone in the middle to make things tick. At the moment we are just all over the place and no one seems to know where to pass or move.

• Like 1

Thought Mason did well too....all in all not bad but we really need someone in the middle to make things tick. At the moment we are just all over the place and no one seems to know where to pass or move.

Bit of a snag that smokie.

Where's Baldini atm?

yep carms sums it up well, good to see Potts tactical versatility . still not hapi with verity, he's so good goin forward, shame not to use him he'd give much more at l/b than rose saying that thought our backs stepped up and did ok , saw the plus of naughton when he painlessly switched over to left bac when rose went off injured. Overall good point