Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Lloris injured groin on international duty! Join the club boyssad.png

Yes but you won't find us whinging about it unlike some, after all that's why teams have squads whistling.gif

It still surprises me that a keeper of Vorm's quality agreed a Spurs move because it was always very unlikely he'd be able to oust Lloris. Perhaps were expecting to lose Hugo?

• Like 1

Yes but you won't find us whinging about it unlike some, after all that's why teams have squads whistling.gif

It still surprises me that a keeper of Vorm's quality agreed a Spurs move because it was always very unlikely he'd be able to oust Lloris. Perhaps were expecting to lose Hugo?

Or he doubled his salary and doesn't give a toss.

• Like 2

Or he doubled his salary and doesn't give a toss.

We don't pay the ridiculous wages, you lot dowink.png

Well this is Vorm's opportunity to come in and keep the no1 spot.....I hope he does well.

Well this is Vorm's opportunity to come in and keep the no1 spot.....I hope he does well.

It aint rocket science , one more season with no champs league and the money starts 2 b an issue Llorris will be off, i'de wager him being french capt ect psg, but wouldn't e surprised if Madrid came in 4 him, with their keeper situ.

• Like 1

Lamela given a start today by Tata Martino against Brazil and was just about non-existent on the pitch. I hope Pochettino can get this kid straightened out.blink.png

Of course you mean AFTER next Saturday JDsmile.png

Looks like I need to keep a closer eye on City's schedule ! Thanks J&D !

Lamela given a start today by Tata Martino against Brazil and was just about non-existent on the pitch. I hope Pochettino can get this kid straightened out.blink.png

To be fair the whole Argentine side was very poor, Lamela, Aguero, the lot of them.

• Like 1

To be fair the whole Argentine side was very poor, Lamela, Aguero, the lot of them.

, , a friendly game in china is probably the last thing those players wanted or needed but on the other hand argie v brazil is such massive game for the respective countries and losing dents eithers macho national pride, disproportionally IMO, Went to one and u could cut the atmosphere with aknife, it truly intensified the dramatic effect of the play, if anything all was a little 2 intense, it felt it was going to explode into unexplained or unexpected violence at any moment..

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

hapi days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7lyBOJzf-A

IMO had to go a down as rivaldos tournament outstanding footballer ATT world class where ever he played.

Ronaldo wasnt bad either. the brazilians were all raving about a young ronaldhino att but unfortunatly only got brief glimpses of him

better than the none of romario who'd just returned from europe but saw him in his first games for flamengo, f-- cing unreal, next to greaves he's the

most clinical striker I've ever seen,,,, any way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by rijit

Our best players of the season so far, Lloris and Chadli are very doubtful for the game, although not so concerned about the keeper situation with Vorm as back up.

I can't base this on any logic but i have a funny feeling about this game and reckon we might get something out of it. Our record against City over the past three years is dreadful but under the new coach we appear a much tougher nut to crack. If we play like we did against Arsenal we'll be in with a chance for sure.

Apparently Toure is a doubt for this one? Anyone anything more concrete?

Our best players of the season so far, Lloris and Chadli are very doubtful for the game, although not so concerned about the keeper situation with Vorm as back up.

I can't base this on any logic but i have a funny feeling about this game and reckon we might get something out of it. Our record against City over the past three years is dreadful but under the new coach we appear a much tougher nut to crack. If we play like we did against Arsenal we'll be in with a chance for sure.

We're going to need a large slice of luck!

We're going to need a large slice of luck!

and that we don't look as though were gonna get!!!!, would help if the officials were just a touch better,

yeah, good entertaining game,

at 2 -1 the next goal was crucial

missed pen,,,,, wasnt game over ,, but

and then i sort of knew when soldado missed that chance

Key point in the match. Combination of a pretty weak effort from Soldado and great anticipation from Hart.

I thought Spurs played pretty well. Tough to deal with the wave after wave of the City attack.

We played well for sixty odd minutes with positives to be taken from the game. My main concern was the mobility of our center backs and that proved the case. They just couldn't deal with Aguero who was absolutely phenomenal today. But we also created chances and Hart put in a fine performance too and Eriksen having a very decent game, as did young Mason.

Crucial moment in the match was our missed penalty, although City deserved the win. 4-1 scoreline was rather harsh i think and the ref was a complete an utter c*nt. He put in a dreadful performance throughout but this was always a fixture where anything points wise would be a bonus. What it does tell us is we are already a better, tougher side that last season but we have to get the defense sorted out. Its just not good enough against top opposition.

We played well for sixty odd minutes with positives to be taken from the game. My main concern was the mobility of our center backs and that proved the case. They just couldn't deal with Aguero who was absolutely phenomenal today. But we also created chances and Hart put in a fine performance too and Eriksen having a very decent game, as did young Mason.

Crucial moment in the match was our missed penalty, although City deserved the win. 4-1 scoreline was rather harsh i think and the ref was a complete an utter c*nt. He put in a dreadful performance throughout but this was always a fixture where anything points wise would be a bonus. What it does tell us is we are already a better, tougher side that last season but we have to get the defense sorted out. Its just not good enough against top opposition.

To be fair there wasn't a lot in it apart from Aguero, basic mistakes by our central defenders in showing him inside on both goals and somehow as a team you have to stop your defenders getting isolated with him one on one.

Still, played some good football and hopefully the defensive organisation will come.

I see Soldado is still sh-ite

I think you need to have a look at Balotelli before you have a pop at our players BB rolleyes.gif

Haha!! yes i was surprised too when Bob chose to throw one in! After all, "Super Mario" really is a monumental waste of space on the pitch and an absolute bellend of an individual off it.

You could say the missing of the penalty was the turning point or the stupidity of Fazio to give the ref a choice to send him off. before that I thought Spurs would hopefully nick a point.

As a manager what do you do with a player like Fazio,I believe it was his first start. Make him train with the reserves ,make him write lines or make him sit in dark room and watch it over and over again.

Very entertaining game and Aguero was unstoppable. City also looked very shaky in defence at times....still early days