Tottenham Thread

chonabot

well, tonight's a tuf one we aint won there for 20 plus years and generally we dont have any luck there in any shape or form. i'de happily take a draw and a decent performance, . but you never know potts took espanyol to barca when they were rock bottom and barca were in their total pomp and won 2 -1, so we can but live in hope, admittedly slim , but still hope

When was the last Time you won the EPL ? - never !!!!

When was the last time you won the English Division one ?????

You guys need Alfie and Carmine on the Board to help you win as they are SO knowledgeable !!!!!

BT biggrin.pnggiggle.gifcoffee1.gif

oh wait a minute, is that SO knowlegeable compared to Man Utd fans whose knowledge of football is legendary isn't it!!!! cheesy.gif

Sorry mate but "Man Utd fan" and "football knowledge" should never be uttered in the same sentence.

BTW, has Mr Ed learnt the offside rule yet? w00t.gif

Not overly disappointed,especially after comparing that performance with many others from this season.At least we were keeping the ball and playing some football, making chances, getting crosses in,pressing and tackling.

Obviously the difference between the two teams was us making 3 defensive errors and there clinical finishing although I did feel that they took their foot off the gas in the second half.

Shame we couldn't get Eriksen on the ball more often and that's always going to be a problem when he is played out wide.

Surprised when I read some of the the stats, possession 61% with Bentaleb making 87 passes !

Might be the last we will see of Mason for a while, like carms said about him in the last game, giving the ball away too much, passing accurancy of 74% is not good enough.

Footnote : Carms, couldn't see where Fazio was at fault for any of the goals and thought he had a good game ! in fact the stats website I use gave him man of the match.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Not overly disappointed,especially after comparing that performance with many others from this season.At least we were keeping the ball and playing some football, making chances, getting crosses in,pressing and tackling.

Obviously the difference between the two teams was us making 3 defensive errors and there clinical finishing although I did feel that they took their foot off the gas in the second half.

Shame we couldn't get Eriksen on the ball more often and that's always going to be a problem when he is played out wide.

Surprised when I read some of the the stats, possession 61% with Bentaleb making 87 passes !

Might be the last we will see of Mason for a while, like carms said about him in the last game, giving the ball away too much, passing accurancy of 74% is not good enough.

Footnote : Carms, couldn't see where Fazio was at fault for any of the goals and thought he had a good game ! in fact the stats website I use gave him man of the match.

Agree with all that and maybe i'm a bit harsh on Fazio. I thought he gave possession away unnecessarily a little earlier. He had a decent game and i'd much prefer him over the hapless clown Kabul's become. Dominant in the air but has he the mobility to deal with pacey forwards buzzing around him? We'll see but he's certainly highly regarded in Seville. He also seems to have the bottle required which is so lacking in many of our players.

We simply can't stick with Mason if he's giving the ball away like this. Against this sort of opposition you don't have a chance with his pass accuracy. Bentaleb's almost first name on the team sheet for me and as you mentioned in earlier posts it would be interesting to try out Eriksen alongside him.

How about this;

Lloris

Walker/Yedlin Fazio Vertonghen Davies

Bentaleb Eriksen

Lamela Kane Chadli

Soldado

That is about right carms and its beginning to look like a team I hope at last.

We just have to give Poch time....and the chairman give him a few quid to improve a couple of positions and we might challenge for fourth spot.....time will tell.

On the game we should have scored first and you don't get many opportunities against a side of that quality.

Not a bad performance though.

That is about right carms and its beginning to look like a team I hope at last.

We just have to give Poch time....and the chairman give him a few quid to improve a couple of positions and we might challenge for fourth spot.....time will tell.

On the game we should have scored first and you don't get many opportunities against a side of that quality.

Not a bad performance though.

Thing is, Chelsea's midfield is just superb. Our only real chance was getting that early goal which we nearly did and then shutting up shop or as they say in the business; playing Mourinho at his own game!biggrin.png

• Like 1

yeah wonder what this yedlins gonna be like? , dont suppose he'll replace walker but at a guess it'll be the end of naughtons stay at tottenham. .

decent enough competition and cover on both full bac sides now

yeah wonder what this yedlins gonna be like? , dont suppose he'll replace walker but at a guess it'll be the end of naughtons stay at tottenham. .

decent enough competition and cover on both full bac sides now

Got a feeling he is going to be another Walker ! I.e great going forward but a bit prone to making mistakes and getting caught out of position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixisxc7lzBY

Dismal stuff.

Lucky we didn't lose, another poor show at the Lane.

Hugo Loris best player in a Tottenham shirt, says it all.

Soldado and Lamela worst players in a Tottenham shirt, just don't

understand Poch's decision to keep giving them starts.

Pathetic!

Edit: Maybe it's because they both speak his language, who knows!

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1

How right we were not to get over enthused about beating Everton! Yesterdays performance was just crap. I'd have taken Lamela off after thirty minutes, because whatever going on in that kids head, its not right.

When you are playing at home against the mighty Palace and your keepers the man of the match that says it all. The more i see of us this season the more important it is that Levy keeps out of things and lets the coach sort it out. Theres no quick fix here. It needs changes in the squad and a complete change in mindset.

The mutual plight of Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool must be amusing van Gaal.

First changes Poch needs to do is to drop Lamela and Soldado.

Play Ericksen in the hole behind Kane with Lennon on the right and Chadli on the left.

Then buy a new striker and a defensive midfielder that has some leadership qualities

in his game.

Otherwise, it will be Poch who ends up getting canned.

BTW, is Capoue and Adebayor dropped or injured?

Play Ericksen in the hole behind Kane with Lennon on the right and Chadli on the left.

Then buy a new striker and a defensive midfielder that has some leadership qualities

in his game.

You keep going on about Lennon but he's another one who doesn't fit Pochs style, he'll be gone by next season.

If you mean by caned, sacked, then your completely wrong ! he's there for the long haul.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

in his game.

You keep going on about Lennon but he's another one who doesn't fit Pochs style, he'll be gone by next season.

If you mean by caned, sacked, then your completely wrong ! he's there for the long haul.

i think that pf all the players we were linked with, chasing after, Sneiderlin at Southampton was the one we needed to secure. As has been said, theres no leaders in the squad. Harry Kane is the nearest thing we have to a player that leads by example and that lads in danger of burning out. He needs a rest.

Soldado was poor yesterday but of late he's been doing far better and i'd stick with him. You just can't keep chopping and changing and i'd be happy never to see Adebayor wear the shirt again.

Fazio is improving steadily now and is becoming a rare plus point for us. Poch should know a center back when he sees one and this guy is starting to settle in with Vertonghen. I say this because the thought of a Kaboul/Chiriches pairing is frightening! Fazio also looks like he could lead which is positive.

Aside of this Bentaleb again impressive but as with Kane might need to be rotated.

Lloris must be talking with his agent about a move by now and i'd be gobsmacked if he's with us next season. Hopefully we will get top dollar from Real Madrid or PSG. I'm also convinced that Vorm's signing was linked to the inevitable Lloris departure. He's too good not to be playing in the CL (despite the rare calamity at Stamford Bridge)

in his game.

I don't think he should drop them, he should sell them both so he's not forced to pick them.

Buy a new striker and quality DM?

Who do you have in mind that would want to join the current set up.

in his game.

The reason i keep going on about Lennon is because he's the best we currently have in the squad

to play on the right wing.

Yesterday Poch should have brought him on earlier instead of bringing on Paulinho for Mason, not wait until the 83rd min to replace him for Soldado, for christ's sake!

Lamela and Soldado are just not good enough for EPL style football, they have no fight in their game

and don't contribute enough to justify a starting place, let's not forget, their supposed to be attacking players but with nothing to show for it. They either need more time to adjust or shipped out back to the european leagues that they are used to playing in.

You say Poch is in it for the long term, and i agree, but you need to remember Levy's history on that one.

in his game.

The reason i keep going on about Lennon is because he's the best we currently have in the squad

Yesterday Poch should have brought him on earlier instead of bringing on Paulinho for Mason, not wait until the 83rd min to replace him for Soldado, for christ's sake!

Lamela and Soldado are just not good enough for EPL style football, they have no fight in their game

and don't contribute enough to justify a starting place, let's not forget, their supposed to be attacking players but with nothing to show for it. They either need more time to adjust or shipped out back to the european leagues that they are used to playing in.

You say Poch is in it for the long term, and i agree, but you need to remember Levy's history on that one.

But you never give any stats or reasons why he should play, You say he should play on the right but he did actually play on the right against the chavs but was withdrawn because he wasn't doing too much, shots 0, dribbles 0, crosses 2, touches 30 ( lowest in the team), can you actually recall the last good game he had ? you can't pick a player because he was good 5 years ago !

in his game.

And there you have it on the both of them.coffee1.gif

Ok Alfie, your a stat man, well as i'm, call it old fashioned if you like, but

actually judge players by watching them play, i never look at stats because

they don't give the full picture, whereas my eyes do.

Is there a stat for showing fight and determination in your play? No.

Is there a stat for showing confidence in your game? No.

Is there a stat for showing leadership? No.

I have a question for you, name me one player that is in the current squad who is better

than Lennon playing on the right wing?

I can also honestly say, that if or when Lennon is sold on, he will need to be replaced

by bringing in a new player,otherwise the squad will be weakened by playing Lamela

or Townsend or anyone else currently in the squad playing on the right wing.

I have a question for you, name me one player that is in the current squad who is better

I can also honestly say, that if or when Lennon is sold on, he will need to be replaced

by bringing in a new player,otherwise the squad will be weakened by playing Lamela

yeah against the chavs, we were only really effective in the first 20 mins passed precisely and with pace and lennon was at the heart of that, once their midfield imposed them selves he, like the rest of the team, became almost bystanders, the last good game lennon had was against Everton, and looked by a country mile our most likely to get into and behind their defense,cant see anyone in the current squad with a similar threat, I've a gut feeling though he'll be off if not during Jan window, then the summer, which imo will be a major loss.

• Like 1

Thank you rij,

you and i, together with the other 35000 Tottenham fans who were at the lane

yesterday seem to agree.

been trying to find the post from the guardian but i cant, someone at the lane reckoned they were singing for him from half time until he came on.

Thank you rij,

you and i, together with the other 35000 Tottenham fans who were at the lane

yesterday seem to agree.

been trying to find the post from the guardian but i cant, someone at the lane reckoned they were singing for him from half time until he came on.

Yep, they sure were singing for him all through the second half, but Poch decided to ignore

all that and put Paulinho on instead, and then decided to put Lennon on in the 83rd min.

Work that one out? wacko.png.pagespeed.ce.jGW10VtQsIER15eQL

I use stats to confirm what I see on the pitch, for example, if I think such and such didn't do too much I will confirm either way by looking at the stats.

As for Lennon, you and Rij seem to think that someone running round like a blue arse fly but not actually producing much is having a good game, taking into a account he is an attacking midfielder / winger.

His stats for his last 4 bit games ( 126mins ) touches : 87 shots : 0 Dribbles : 0 Tackles : 6 crosses : 4

Put his stats against Lamela who's been playing rubbish ( 269mins ) touches : 206 shots : 5 dribbles : 7 tackles : 15 crosses : 7

As for stats for showing, fight, determination, confidence, leadership, you can take some of then from above and I certainly don't see any from Lennon.

Yes Lamela hasn't been good, but for Poch to continually put him in instead of Lennon doesn't say a lot for Lennon and not forgetting that Poch see's them day in day out, where as we don't.