Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Morning! Loverly day for it.....i hope you don't play with wingers biggrin.png

Have you had your xmas stuffing yet?

Don't you just love it when the Manc reds get their mojo back, not!

Bladdy annoying that our pathetic defence/game strategy was responsible for their turning pointsad.png

• Like 2

Stuffing is off the menu for us nowadays reddy, anyway have you bought the paint for tomorrow ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Bladdy annoying that our pathetic defence/game strategy was responsible for their turning pointsad.png

They seem to have forgotten that their current position in the table is merely due to the current mediocrity of premier league defenses. Certainly not in any tangible improvement on the part of their team.

I do have some sympathy though for Mr Ed....he did after all stop most for two thirds of last season when his team were losing!!

One last thing i would say is that i'm getting increasingly irked by the incessant complaining and whining by van Gaal about the premier league football schedule. he knew the dance when he agreed to sign his multi million pound contract, in the knowledge he was getting a monster transfer budget and in the full knowledge of the busy schedule of game so if he doesn't like it and thinks its so unfair why doesn't he just <deleted> off back to where he came from.

Its not even as if the whining old git has to play any european games like his six main rivals. Just how easy does it have to be made for him and just how much money does he need to spend? Just comes across as a complete knob to me.

More stuff emerging from AVB about his time at Spurs. This time regards Sherwood being detrimental to the squad during AVB's tenure and Levy not backing his manager.

I still think it was a big mistake parting company with AVB and more importantly not backing him in the transfer market to give him a fair crack of the whip. Starting to wonder why any manager would agree to work under Levy!!

May the not quite worst team win tonight....I live in hope as always.

And yes Nads I will take any old crappy victory....a Rooney red mist early on would be a bonus!

Yes but the joke of it is the United lot, well Nads atleast actually think they are quite good!!!!laugh.png Atleast Spurs and Liverpool fans are realistic about our mediocrity.

And yes Nads I will take any old crappy victory....a Rooney red mist early on would be a bonus!

Yes but the joke of it is the United lot, well Nads atleast actually think they are quite good!!!!laugh.png Atleast Spurs and Liverpool fans are realistic about our mediocrity.

Spurs fans and realistic am I reading correctly?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

If you read the thread then yes. May i remind you that we had aspirations of a sixth place finish this season. We currently sit seventh regardless of our poor displays. So where do you see or read anything unrealistic?

Obviously make up something if it pleases.wink.png

No

Stuffing is off the menu for us nowadays reddy, anyway have you bought the paint for tomorrow ?

Yep all paint bought and stored until the next big contract. smile.png

They seem to have forgotten that their current position in the table is merely due to the current mediocrity of premier league defenses. Certainly not in any tangible improvement on the part of their team.

I do have some sympathy though for Mr Ed....he did after all stop most for two thirds of last season when his team were losing!!

One last thing i would say is that i'm getting increasingly irked by the incessant complaining and whining by van Gaal about the premier league football schedule. he knew the dance when he agreed to sign his multi million pound contract, in the knowledge he was getting a monster transfer budget and in the full knowledge of the busy schedule of game so if he doesn't like it and thinks its so unfair why doesn't he just <deleted> off back to where he came from.

Its not even as if the whining old git has to play any european games like his six main rivals. Just how easy does it have to be made for him and just how much money does he need to spend? Just comes across as a complete knob to me.

It was hard to post where i was pal,sms messages cost 50 baht a pop and there internet was almost out of reach unless you paid the man 100 baht for 5 mins so i thought fark it. wink.png

Now stop your whinging and cheer up your starting to sound like Louis Van Gaal biggrin.png

If we keep a lid on Eriksen and Kane we should beat you tonight.

Really Mr Ed....you really are the epitome of a RAG.......there is nothing about Uniteds defense or midfield that suggest you will necessarily beat anyone.

You've simply scrapped through your mediocrity slightly better than others

We are the third best team in the country at present the table says so and we are half way through the season......that is a fact so chew on that .....It is nice to see your new found friendship with the mediocrity that is Liverpool,you could be twins.

I think United's results of late are better than quite good i would say very good!!

Mediocrity is wrong your both &lt;deleted&gt;,even you and your pals have said that and so have the scousers on here. laugh.png

Really Mr Ed....you really are the epitome of a RAG.......there is nothing about Uniteds defense or midfield that suggest you will necessarily beat anyone.

You've simply scrapped through your mediocrity slightly better than others

I tend to agree we are nothing special defensively at the moment(you know that will change).....but a midfield of Carrick Rooney DiMaria and Valencia or A N Other shows your knowledge up facepalm.gif or are you at the wind up also our last 8-9 games seem to have been unbeaten?

Not bad scrapping that.

You are so bitter you are sounding like a city fan or did father christmas piss you off.

While I agree that it's the same for all teams I think this year's schedule is crackers, insofar as a two day break is in noone's interest other than the Prem money men. Monday night or Tuesday night would have avoided what could become a bit of an injury magnet day. Brits at home got their traditional Boxing Day fixture and will get their New Year's Day fixture but placing the other ones in a more balanced position between the two is just common sense.

Any Spurs bars that are showing the game in town later?

Which town Sid?

I was in Bangkok but have shimmied up to Pattaya now.

I still haven't found a Spurs bar in town

You don't need a Spurs bar, any sports bar should be showing it, as it's the early kick off.

I think the old United was back in that first half smokes,minus the finishing facepalm.gif still can't believe we didn't score.........

Well the second half was ours...no complaints re Kane and Eriksen but if we had more option in the final third we might have won.

Happy enough with the draw.

First half Uniteds, second half ours. Much of the same really with us owing our point to Lloris. Both sides seemed to step up a bit for this one but worryingly for Pochettino, United should have had this won by half time and only have themselves and Hugo to blame.

Second half we improved a great deal and pressed well not giving United any real time on the ball. Our tactics were good but what on earth was Townsend doing still on the pitch? In Pochettino's defense Lamela was no better when he came on. Chiriches is simply not good enough and we missed the presence of both Walker and Bentaleb. Surprised that United didn't expose our right flank more actually

All in all i'm happy with the point, especially on the basis of a good second half but as said, United should have nailed the game in the first forty-five.

When LVG adds more quality in january, namely a commanding midfielder and center back then they will be very good but then again with the money that will have been spent you'd expect nothing less. As we stand the defense is so frail and constantly looks exposed as does ours.

One the basis of the first half i think we should be happy with the point and LvG slightly irked that his considerable firepower didn't finish us off. Worryingly for him with his flimsy defense Spurs might have undeservingly nicked it!

Chelsea next which i'm not looking forward to.

We have conceded 10 goals in 16 games since the five at Leicester i think the defensive work the coaches have put in with the new and young players is showing...... the basic three of Jones Evans and Smalling have steadied the ship with the brilliant De Gea at the back and the return of Carrick in front of them.

It was a mistake Vidic going because of his great defending and experience so one defender with top drawer experience is all i think we need now and maybe another top drawer attacking midfielder,i would also like to see a winger too.

Good game really and credit to both teams for me that first half was as good as we have played since Fergie left only fault was why take Valencia off for a defender unless he was injured?

Still undecided about Falcao and Mata needs to carry that performance into every game....the defence did its job well again.especially when you look at the age of them.

Our tactics were good but what on earth was Townsend doing still on the pitch? In Pochettino's defense Lamela was no better when he came on.

It's becoming so frustrating watching these two play, neither of them have the quality to retain

the ball and have little or no end product to their game, ( apart from the one goal Lamela scored).

Pochettino obviously rates them, otherwise he wouldn't be playing at least one of them, week in

week out.

Our tactics were good but what on earth was Townsend doing still on the pitch? In Pochettino's defense Lamela was no better when he came on.

It's becoming so frustrating watching these two play, neither of them have the quality to retain

the ball and have little or no end product to their game, ( apart from the one goal Lamela scored).

Pochettino obviously rates them, otherwise he wouldn't be playing at least one of them, week in

week out.

Townsend has speed but he's a one trick pony. I think we'll sell him His stats are dreadful and they don't lie.

With Lamela we need some return on our investment. This guy really frustrates me because he has real talent but he has this lazy air of entitlement which irritates the hell out of me. Lennon's always been totally inconsistent and Chadlis' gone off the boil from an excellent start to the season.

Pochettino has an awful lot of work to do.

He does indeed.

I hope this window he xan bring in a couple of his own choices....they are badly needed.

To the Chav game I just hope its not embarrassing....maybe we will scrape by if they continue to play below the level they started the season.

While I agree that it's the same for all teams I think this year's schedule is crackers, insofar as a two day break is in noone's interest other than the Prem money men. Monday night or Tuesday night would have avoided what could become a bit of an injury magnet day. Brits at home got their traditional Boxing Day fixture and will get their New Year's Day fixture but placing the other ones in a more balanced position between the two is just common sense.

Yes the christmas schedule is ott but quite why van Gaal should be complaining is beyond me. As the coach of one of the three best resourced clubs in the league and with no european fixtures and an early capital one exit all this does is go in his favour. Rooney complaining too but he's too thick to know any better but van Gaal should.

Perhaps the dutchman should check out Tottenhams schedule then hopefully he'd shut his pie hole.