Tottenham Thread

chonabot

D*mn it. Was thinking I might watch the replay, but with CTH's lack of information would have had to sit around potentially all day - a continual source of irritation. So watched the highlights game instead.

Great result - well done. 'Silly' me for suggesting that Spuds could come out on top of Arsenal this season, eh Chicog?

Well i didn't see that coming. where did that performance come from? And so emphatic!

Kane and Chadli in particular were fantastic. Presumably Levy will be looking to sell them soon!! However, i would rather see Dembele alongside Bentaleb because Mason's pass completion falls way short of whats need in that position.

rather than blame the ref Mourinho might consider his lack of rotation so far because Chelsea looked jaded.

Edited by carmine

I hope Faz is a bit more subtle tonight biggrin.png

Bit more subtlety yes but Fazio is the sort of guy our timid generous defense needs! smile.png

Few would also deny Costa deserves the occasional punch to verb his own pitch antics.

A broken leg wouldn't go amiss! tongue.png

Come on lads. If you're going to win, win fair. By the way, I think your pessimism is a bit misplaced. I expect a very tough game tonight.

Can you pm any tips you might have on the dogs or horses OG?

• Like 1

Wow didn't see that coming, expected it to be closer than 0-3 from earlier this season but...just...wow.

Excellent performance. Harry has got to get a call up soon hasn't he? Lovely turn for the 4th...

Happy New Year all........perfect start.

laugh.pngclap2.gifw00t.gif

• Like 1

One of the biggest factors in todays win for me was that Chelsea scored first and we

still went on to score 5 goals against them.

Before the match i was thinking that we needed to score the first goal today to have any chance

of getting anything out of this match.

Credit to the way the Tottenham players went about their game, especially Kane and Chadli

and not too far behind them Bentaleb and Ericksen.

Lets hope they can kick on from this performance in to the second half of the season! COYS!

attachicon.gif365_sport_04_2015_01_02_01_41_00_31.png

attachicon.gif365_sport_04_2015_01_02_01_41_28_34.png

attachicon.gif365_sport_04_2015_01_02_02_07_03_52.png

attachicon.gif365_sport_04_2015_01_02_02_07_18_55.png

attachicon.gif365_sport_04_2015_01_02_02_22_11_58.png

Shock horror facepalm.gif Sots hasn't mentioned how good Lennon is biggrin.png

• Like 1

Top four at a push,happy new year gents.

There you go getting all over excited again!!!..

As Pochettino said, its just three points and an unexpected three at that. If we can carry that form through january then we'll start thinking about the possibilities.

One thing i will throw in again though is our fitness level. We're clearly fitter than anyone we play. This should make us stronger as the season progresses and should reward our managers grueling fitness sessions. The high tempo pressing that he's implementing might just be starting to bear fruit.

One of the biggest factors in todays win for me was that Chelsea scored first and we

Before the match i was thinking that we needed to score the first goal today to have any chance

Credit to the way the Tottenham players went about their game, especially Kane and Chadli

Lets hope they can kick on from this performance in to the second half of the season! COYS!

It's Walker, he's made a big difference on the right side since his return.

Still think that Lennon would make us even better playing in front of him though! biggrin.png

P.S Lamela didn't play, and Townsend was just being Townsend.

It's Walker, he's made a big difference on the right side since his return.

Still think that Lennon would make us even better playing in front of him though! biggrin.png

P.S Lamela didn't play, and Townsend was just being Townsend.

Lamela deserves to be dropped but i think he's injured.

Townsend is the closest thing to Forest Gump you'll ever see. Only difference is that Forest's conversion rate would be far superior.

• Like 1

Spurs look very good without Lamela, Soldado and Adebayor, I wish them bon voyage wink.png

Harry Kane is looking future England class, very talented and hard working, reminds me a bit of Shearer.

Erikson is playing very well, so I wish all Spurs players a Happy New Hair.......you know it makes sense.

• Like 1

Spurs look very good without Lamela, Soldado and Adebayor, I wish them bon voyage wink.png

Harry Kane is looking future England class, very talented and hard working, reminds me a bit of Shearer.

Erikson is playing very well, so I wish all Spurs players a Happy New Hair.......you know it makes sense.

Indeed. Were I a Spurs fan I'd like to see the back of all three, as painful as it might be regarding Lamela.

Indeed. Were I a Spurs fan I'd like to see the back of all three, as painful as it might be regarding Lamela.

Lamela has still got the time, with age on his side, to learn how to play EPL football, so can't

see him being sold anytime soon. Having Poch as his coach can only be good for him too.

Soldado and Adebayor though can leave tomorrow for all i care.

• Like 2

Lamela has still got the time, with age on his side, to learn how to play EPL football, so can't

see him being sold anytime soon. Having Poch as his coach can only be good for him too.

Soldado and Adebayor though can leave tomorrow for all i care.

on the tube the other day coming bac from an Exeter game, started a conversation with a guy sat next to me reading a qpr programme, funny how it went

turned out he was a teacher at some fairly posh ish school, where Lamalas sister ? went and the story goes that he, lamella had recently lost his mobile

and after a year he struggled with enuf English to report it, weird, but if you look at him, he aint exactly giving visuals out that he's settling in

still looks a bit of south american country boy in strange city . read as much or as little as you want into this, but it all paints a picture.

Edited by rijit

what a big New Year Gift... good game Spurs...

was late and sleepy...so as I watched,i said to myself,omg....0-1 is enough....

and the the fireworks starts... have to pinch myself ....thought I am dreaming !!!!

Good Game !!!!!!!!!!

Come on lads. If you're going to win, win fair. By the way, I think your pessimism is a bit misplaced. I expect a very tough game tonight.

A broken leg wouldn't go amiss! tongue.png

Can you pm any tips you might have on the dogs or horses OG?

Stand on me,you'd go skint if you started to put your money down on my say so, Carm's.

• Like 1

Bentaleb off to the ACN. Fingers crossed Algeria get eliminated early! Mason injured also so were looking rather thin in our back two. Lets hope Dembele and Stambouli step up.

Wish my spellcheck would stop trying to insert Bentley for Bentaleb. Its disturbing!!

Bentaleb off to the ACN. Fingers crossed Algeria get eliminated early! Mason injured also so were looking rather thin in our back two. Lets hope Dembele and Stambouli step up.

Wish my spellcheck would stop trying to insert Bentley for Bentaleb. Its disturbing!!

Strong links to Rabiot Carms, but I would imagine he would take time to adjust so not the solution at the moment !

Strong links to Rabiot Carms, but I would imagine he would take time to adjust so not the solution at the moment !

Yes and i'm praying that Levy puts his money where his mouth is this window as i can't believe how open and achievable a top four finish looks this season. We'll need a striker because young Harry Kane will start to burn out. Can't rely on Soldado and that other idiot.

Yes and i'm praying that Levy puts his money where his mouth is this window as i can't believe how open and achievable a top four finish looks this season. We'll need a striker because young Harry Kane will start to burn out. Can't rely on Soldado and that other idiot.

Yes agreed carms, but the dilemma is, say we buy a striker for 20mish and Kane's still firing, who does he play ? I know Kane can play in the three but that means playing Eriksen out wider which is not his best position and could affect the balance of the team !

Yes agreed carms, but the dilemma is, say we buy a striker for 20mish and Kane's still firing, who does he play ? I know Kane can play in the three but that means playing Eriksen out wider which is not his best position and could affect the balance of the team !

Yes all fair points and i agree. Something has to give though because were relying on the fitness of a nineteen year old which simply won't last until may with commitments in the league and three other tournaments. So you have to ask yourself whether Soldado could save us this huge dilemma and start scoring a few goals? Regardless, were being asked to last out potentially an awful lot of remaining fixtures with effectively two strikers.

Yes all fair points and i agree. Something has to give though because were relying on the fitness of a nineteen year old which simply won't last until may with commitments in the league and three other tournaments. So you have to ask yourself whether Soldado could save us this huge dilemma and start scoring a few goals? Regardless, were being asked to last out potentially an awful lot of remaining fixtures with effectively two strikers.

Perhaps they are looking for someone who can play up front and out wide therefore cover for 2 positions !

Perhaps Rabiot is a smokescreen for Cabaye !