Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Im curious to know what's going on with Adebayor?

Is he at the club?

Has he had a fall out again with the coach or players?

When does his contract run out cos i can't see him leaving

with the wages he's on?

Maybe he's been put to train with his mate BAE, until they run their contracts out,

cos thats the type of thing they would do, money comes first.

Is he at the club?

with the wages he's on?

Maybe he's been put to train with his mate BAE, until they run their contracts out,

He's been given some sort of compassionate leave. He's bought nothing to the team this season anyway, were best shot of him.

Is he at the club?

with the wages he's on?

He's been given some sort of compassionate leave. He's bought nothing to the team this season anyway, were best shot of him.

Can't see us getting shot of him that easily though!

Is he at the club?

with the wages he's on?

That was 2 months ago but perhaps he's still showing compassion biggrin.png anyway after Rose what said the other day,

“We are getting there slowly but surely under the new manager. We are understanding his philosophies,” Rose is quoted as saying by the Mirror.

“Let’s just say if you don’t work hard under the manager, you’re not playing! You better make sure you give 100 per cent each day in training, which is very hard and intense.

that's probably why Ade, Lennon,Kaboul and Capou ain't featuring thumbsup.gif

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

The Pochettino method shows well even in the current Southampton side - probably the fittest around.

I fear this guy is going to be very good news for Spuds. Surely Levy isn't going to screw it up this time around?

The Pochettino method shows well even in the current Southampton side - probably the fittest around.

I fear this guy is going to be very good news for Spuds. Surely Levy isn't going to screw it up this time around?

Oh i'm sure he will screw up. He wants instant success with the needed investment. Two managers in particular deserved his backing at crucial times and were badly let down. Levy's not as good a businessman some people think. It can be argued he's the one thats cost us CL football in two recent seasons.

I really can't see Spurs moving forward with any long term continuity with ENIC at the helm but i hope i'm wrong. it would be madness not to keep hold of this guy. I really rate him, but he needs his own players in to get the best out of him. We could start with Sneiderlin and a striker.wink.png

Oh i'm sure he will screw up. He wants instant success with the needed investment. Two managers in particular deserved his backing at crucial times and were badly let down. Levy's not as good a businessman some people think. It can be argued he's the one thats cost us CL football in two recent seasons.

I really can't see Spurs moving forward with any long term continuity with ENIC at the helm but i hope i'm wrong. it would be madness not to keep hold of this guy. I really rate him, but he needs his own players in to get the best out of him. We could start with Sneiderlin and a striker.wink.png

And more importantly keeping hold of Lloris who has saved them quite a few points this season.

And more importantly keeping hold of Lloris who has saved them quite a few points this season.

Lloris is as good as gone mate. I think a deal was done for him to stay for a season then allow an easy transfer and thats how and why we signed Vorm who is far too good to be a reserve keeper. despite how good Hugo has been i don't think his loss and replacement by Vorm is a great problem but back up for Kane and center back cover, as its patently obvious that Kaboul and Chiriches are out.

We also need a cull of the players that can't or won't do it under the new Pochettino philosophy. Chiriches, Naughton Lennon Kaboul Capoue Paulinho Adebayor would all be on the list of players needed to go to get new blood in.

I'm still in two minds about Forest because as useless as he is, he is very fast and can worry defenses with his pace, particularly if they forget that he ultimately never knows what to do with it, is a lousy crosser, and has the second worst conversion rate in the premier league!!!

I find this information strange as I thought all our signings last season were crap !

Nacer Chadli's impressive season saw him play a key role in defeating rivals Chelsea a week ago.The Belgian netted a superb goal in the 5-3 win, before adding to his season tally with an FA Cup striker against Burnley earlier this week.

His performances not only show him to be a bargain at £7 million back in 2013, but illustrate how well he compares to international teammate Eden Hazard.

Tottenham Hotspur playmaker Christian Eriksen is now worth the same amount as Arsenal's Mesut Ozil according to a new transfer market study.

Eriksen was bought for £12 million, yet it is estimated his value has almost trebled over the past 18 months.

I actually disagree about Eriksen being the same value now as Ozil as Ozil is now probably worth only about 30 bob biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

I find this information strange as I thought all our signings last season were crap !

Nacer Chadli's impressive season saw him play a key role in defeating rivals Chelsea a week ago.The Belgian netted a superb goal in the 5-3 win, before adding to his season tally with an FA Cup striker against Burnley earlier this week.

His performances not only show him to be a bargain at £7 million back in 2013, but illustrate how well he compares to international teammate Eden Hazard.

Tottenham Hotspur playmaker Christian Eriksen is now worth the same amount as Arsenal's Mesut Ozil according to a new transfer market study.

Eriksen was bought for £12 million, yet it is estimated his value has almost trebled over the past 18 months.

I actually disagree about Eriksen being the same value now as Ozil as Ozil is now probably worth only about 30 bob biggrin.png

Ozil 42.5m Eriksen 12m, and he's younger. laugh.png

Hazards a terrific player and worth the money Chelsea paid, but as the season progresses Chadli for 7m is looking an absolute steal. Personally i think we signed Vorm for a bargain price too which is pleasing since we'll also double our money on Hugo Lloris.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good to see through all rotation and tactical juggling potts is showing a touch of 'common' with our c/b pairing. Seems He's decided verity and faz are his pairing and is giving them as much match time as poss , sensible.

• Like 1

Hazards a terrific player and worth the money Chelsea paid, but as the season progresses Chadli for 7m is looking an absolute steal. Personally i think we signed Vorm for a bargain price too which is pleasing since we'll also double our money on Hugo Lloris.

I think Erikson is a terrific talent and has turned out to be a shrewd buy.

If Spurs hadn't of thrown away silly points they would be in third place, so it says a lot that despite losing these points they are in striking distance. If Spurs do make a CL spot which isn't beyond them then Lloris might want to stay, after all he has made a big contribution to Spurs being where they are. If they sell they will certainly double their money and more as I can't really think of a better goalkeeper right now.

I think Erikson is a terrific talent and has turned out to be a shrewd buy.

If Spurs hadn't of thrown away silly points they would be in third place, so it says a lot that despite losing these points they are in striking distance. If Spurs do make a CL spot which isn't beyond them then Lloris might want to stay, after all he has made a big contribution to Spurs being where they are. If they sell they will certainly double their money and more as I can't really think of a better goalkeeper right now.

Lloris is off at the end of the season. And with our best wishes. He's been a model professional during his stay. Vorm is a perfectly adequate replacement.

The reason for Tottenhams points total so far is more down to fitness than anything else. Were so much stronger in the second half and have won numerous games late.

Now we have to adopt his style of play which Eriksen is not necessarily suited to but is talented enough to adapt. His pressing game has already improved. Before it was non existant. Eriksen's already more of a team player too. Chablis' improvement is immense too. All down to Pochettino.

I now desperately hope we can get shot of the rotten apples. I'd rather have a thinner weaker squad and a happy unified dressing room.

Signs starting to show we are going in the right direction finally.

Bentaleb off to the ACN. Fingers crossed Algeria get eliminated early! Mason injured also so were looking rather thin in our back two. Lets hope Dembele and Stambouli step up.

Wish my spellcheck would stop trying to insert Bentley for Bentaleb. Its disturbing!!

Strong links to Rabiot Carms, but I would imagine he would take time to adjust so not the solution at the moment !

Perhaps Rabiot is a smokescreen for Cabaye !

I rated Cabaye highly when he was at Newcastle.

I wonder what's happened?

He's lost his place in the PSG first team and also in the national squad.

Don't you think that anyone buying him now is taking a chance?

I did read somewhere that PSG are lining up Erikson as a replacement, which would be unfortunate.

Edited by uptheos

Just read that Xherdan Shaqiri is going on loan to Inter Milan until the end of the season with a deal of maybe 12 million in the pipeline thereafter,very surprised you or your twin town of Liverpool have not got involved,still young 23 and a very talented versatile midfielder.

He gets goals as well.

Just read that Xherdan Shaqiri is going on loan to Inter Milan until the end of the season with a deal of maybe 12 million in the pipeline thereafter,very surprised you or your twin town of Liverpool have not got involved,still young 23 and a very talented versatile midfielder.

He gets goals as well.

I think a striker is our main priority right now.

Defoe <deleted>.....please gawd nooooooo!

He gets goals as well.

but anyhow still 'better' than SOLDado ,,,, right ? that's my view.... lol...

He gets goals as well.

What do you base that on ?

He gets goals as well.

he was one of our better Striker ,right ?not forgetting his contribution during his time here with Berba and Keane

from BBC - The ex-England international, who scored 142 goals in 363 games over two spells with the White Hart Lane club, has been linked with a return to the Premier League in the current transfer window.

afterall you gotta take into account his age ..you can't expect him to be agile like a 20 yr old.

he was one of our better Striker ,right ?not forgetting his contribution during his time here with Berba and Keane

from BBC - The ex-England international, who scored 142 goals in 363 games over two spells with the White Hart Lane club, has been linked with a return to the Premier League in the current transfer window.

afterall you gotta take into account his age ..you can't expect him to be agile like a 20 yr old.

How long ago did he play with Berb and Keane ?

Jimmy Greaves was also one of our better strikers, right ?

Scored 220 goals in 321 games

I don't hear you wanting him back !

If your going to start using players stats at least use some recent ones, in his last season at Spurs he scored 1 goal in 14 League appearences and in his last 4 seasons at Spurs he scored 27 goals, now if you think that is good enough then your easily pleased !

well.....of course he can't be playing forever,already 32 i think ...so if it's just till the end of the season,then i'm alrite...( not you for sure )....so,it's just a stop gap measure to 'assist'...lol...

seems you're blowing your top...cool down mate... i'm not an ARSEnal fan making trouble here.

thru and thru Spurs guy !!

well.....of course he can't be playing forever,already 32 i think ...so if it's just till the end of the season,then i'm alrite...( not you for sure )....so,it's just a stop gap measure to 'assist'...lol...

seems you're blowing your top...cool down mate... i'm not an ARSEnal fan making trouble here.

thru and thru Spurs guy !!

If you think that's me blowing my top then you must have lived a very sheltered life, all I did was reply to some of the comments you made rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png