Tottenham Thread

chonabot

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Typical set up by Moyes and the Spammers.

Lloris asleep for their goal...Son saving the point.

Good to sse Wanyama making an appearance but not much else of positive note.

There should be some kind of law against sides turning up to offer that.  Did Moyes tell them they were not not allowed in our side of the pitch.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

There should be some kind of law against sides turning up to offer that.  Did Moyes tell them they were not not allowed in our side of the pitch.

Pathetic football really from them.

Mind you they will be over the moon with their point....its a sad part of the modern game for fans.

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Pathetic football really from them.

Mind you they will be over the moon with their point....its a sad part of the modern game for fans.

It wasn't football.  It was eleven players with no interest in trying to play at all.  

I suppose that makes Moyes a tactical genius!!

Incidentally, i'm interested in why we haven't signed Barkley yet,  especially with that clown Sissoko hinting at a move back to France, because Barkley would be a big upgrade.  

I never understood why we bought Sissoko and i never will.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Similar to when we played United at OT :tongue:

Yes, Mourinho bored the pants off everyone with his style of anti football and now appears to be engineering another move.  Interesting because word is that if PSG don't win the CL Unai Emery is set for the boot and Mourinho would probably quite fancy that job.

Problem is United could then get Ancelotti and this United squad would pose a considerably greater threat than they do currently.

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes, Mourinho bored the pants off everyone with his style of anti football and now appears to be engineering another move.  Interesting because word is that if PSG don't win the CL Unai Emery is set for the boot and Mourinho would probably quite fancy that job.

Problem is United could then get Ancelotti and this United squad would pose a considerably greater threat than they do currently.

Hopefully by then, PSG won't fancy Mourinho. Totally agree about Ancelotti, if he was at United

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Hopefully by then, PSG won't fancy Mourinho. Totally agree about Ancelotti, if he was at United

I don't think Mourinho's ego can cope with the reality that Guardiola is making him look totally second rate and theres nought he can do about it.

Carlo Ancelotti could develop a side to atleast challenge City so it would be good for the league and nice to see the back of Mourinho and his unpleasant antics.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Incidentally, i'm interested in why we haven't signed Barkley yet,  especially with that clown Sissoko hinting at a move back to France, because Barkley would be a big upgrade.  

I never understood why we bought Sissoko and i never will.

Rumour is he’s off to Chelsea

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Very few actually want to play for the chavs.

I think Conte's well liked, especially with Mourinho being the prior incumbent.  Hazard particularly didn't like it when Mourinho tried to turn him into a left wing back!:smile:

• Like 1

It appears from what i've been reading that we did a U turn on Barkley and moved away.  Why?  There must be a reason since we've been interested in him for ages.

As Chris Miller's post of Twitter says, theres no reason to be too upset about it.  He's a good player but not elite and is capable of covering two positions relatively well.

Fact is,  if we're looking to replace Moussa Dembele with a like for like player then he'll have to be a lot better than Barkley is right now.  And lets face it, Chelsea have bought a player who clearly didn't have them as first choice or he'd have walked through their door in the summer rather than changing his mind at the very last moment.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Too injury prone as well.

I think your owner just pulled out of the race as soon as another club where in for him. There are some players who you will stay in a bidding war for but don't think Barkley is one of them.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I think your owner just pulled out of the race as soon as another club where in for him. There are some players who you will stay in a bidding war for but don't think Barkley is one of them.

Very true, you don't get in a bidding war when theres a risk factor.  Doesn't make sense.

All that aside, he's nowhere near the player Dembele has been the past three seasons so we would effectively be downgrading.

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

In another post you said " wages probably"  love it when people guess about something they nothing about !

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

Very true, you don't get in a bidding war when theres a risk factor.  Doesn't make sense.

All that aside, he's nowhere near the player Dembele has been the past three seasons so we would effectively be downgrading.

I think we're on the same page. There was talk a couple of seasons ago that we were in for him and I crossed my fingers it wasn't so. Happy it didn't happen

You chief scout probably has some other targets lined up.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I think we're on the same page. There was talk a couple of seasons ago that we were in for him and I crossed my fingers it wasn't so. Happy it didn't happen

I hope so.  The battle for top four is going to be very tight

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think we all have been in saying he's simply not good enough.

We do need midfield cover now however.

Edit: I said cover but an improvement would be even better. Barkley isn't that at all.

Edited by RonniePickering22

Just now, mrbojangles said:

And your a font of all knowledge, so please furnish us with your insight

I don't have a clue why he ended  up going to Chelsea hence the reason i haven't posted about it  but i will give you a snippet from a well known ITK who could also be guessing :  His wage demands would have put him ahead of Kane. Levy was prepared to pay it as wages structure will be shifting higher from the summer, but Poch didn't want to set a precedent or upset the squad dynamic. Also big concerns over injury and how much he would play this season.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I don't have a clue why he ended  up going to Chelsea hence the reason i haven't posted about it  but i will give you a snippet from a well known ITK who could also be guessing :  His wage demands would have put him ahead of Kane. Levy was prepared to pay it as wages structure will be shifting higher from the summer, but Poch didn't want to set a precedent or upset the squad dynamic. Also big concerns over injury and how much he would play this season.

So it seems it was mainly associated with wages then

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So it seems it was mainly associated with wages then

That part on the snippet seems a bit contradictory, if the wages structure is being raised in the summer and everyone know's that then why would Poch be worried about paying him higher wages now !!!

Edited by alfieconn