Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Cost was 400m

It was estimated  to  rise to 700m

Latest estimate  I've  seen was 1 billion or 1.2 billion  

"No one actually knows what the stadium build cost is" signifies you  don't  know anything about the construction  and engineering industry  do you. A firm of consultant qs will be employed to track costs so the estimates will be fairly accurate.

I am stating the facts to you. Ignoring or making light of them is your choice. Maybe a bit too difficult to comprehend for you. 

You're not stating facts though are you.  Your "facts" as you put are making the same point as me...no one knows what the current cost is!!!  What don't you get about that?

You are just quoting someones estimates not "facts"

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Are you looking in the mirror as you type these responses carmine. Every response sounds eerily like you are talking about yourself.

Take your unpleasant sentiments elsewhere.  

1 minute ago, carmine said:

You're not stating facts though are you.  Your "facts" as you put are making the same point as me...no one knows what the current cost is!!!  What don't you get about that?

You are just quoting someones estimates not "facts"

Again you are showing your lack of knowknowledge  even after I just told you. The firm of qs are employed to keep track of costs and make payments. They issue a monthly report of the estimated current cost to the client. It will be reasonably  accurate based on costs known  at that time. 

I was therefore stating facts for you.

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Again you are showing your lack of knowknowledge  even after I just told you. The firm of qs are employed to keep track of costs and make payments. They issue a monthly report of the estimated current cost to the client. It will be reasonably  accurate based on costs known  at that time. 

I was therefore stating facts for you.

How can you be stating any facts when estimates being quoted are as much as 450m apart?  

We'll have clarity next august/may.  Better to wait till then when the club will announce the final cost and we will all be given the facts.

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Cost was 400m

"No one actually knows what the stadium build cost is" signifies you  don't  know anything about the construction  and engineering industry  do you. A firm of consultant qs will be employed to track costs so the estimates will be fairly accurate.

I am stating the facts to you. Ignoring or making light of them is your choice. Maybe a bit too difficult to comprehend for you. 

I am from a construction industry background and I can say you have the theory about costings correct. However, companies getting a firm grip of ongoing costs is not always the reality and many major construction firms went to the brink or collapsed (e.g. Carillion) due to multiple costing and pricing catastrophes. Much will depend on the terms of Spurs's contract with their builder.

If extra costs are incurred, maybe Spurs have budgeted for them, maybe they will be borne to some degree by the builder. Spurs seem to believe that they have a lucrative long term business model and, if those financing them agree, all should be well.

Alterrnatively, things could all go t*ts up and Spurs will do a Leeds or a Portsmouth.

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Cost was 400m

I am from a construction industry background and I can say you have the theory about costings correct. However, companies getting a firm grip of ongoing costs is not always the reality and many major construction firms went to the brink or collapsed (e.g. Carillion) due to multiple costing and pricing catastrophes. Much will depend on the terms of Spurs's contract with their builder.

If extra costs are incurred, maybe Spurs have budgeted for them, maybe they will be borne to some degree by the builder. Spurs seem to believe that they have a lucrative long term business model and, if those financing them agree, all should be well.

Alterrnatively, things could all go t*ts up and Spurs will do a Leeds or a Portsmouth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Cost was 400m

You haven't stated any actual facts though.

As above let's see the costs as explained by a reputable source.

Link us up then!

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Cost was 400m

You've seen an estimate???

Where is this piece of paper????

Is this estimate from the mouth of Daniel Levy?

From the architects or the firm involved in the project?

Is it confirmed at all??

The answer is no of course not and you haven't come up with ONE proper attributable link have you?

Now go away and play with your toys.

• Like 1

Of course the most amusing part of this bs is the stadium spiralling costs story came out at the same time as the Poch is off tale.

Nicely tied in they were and great for selling copy space but well...now its all gone quiet.

I wonder why?

Although the "facts" of the final costs will not be fully known until the final invoice is received, any Project Manager worth his salt will know full well the actual spend to date V budget and estimated costs to completion. His Gannt charts will be sweating daily with all that data. What we don't know is how much of the work was on fixed price or day rate etc and how much scope creep there was/is against the original project plan. It's also not in Spurs interest to see their contractors go bust as it would simply delay the programme.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Of course the most amusing part of this bs is the stadium spiralling costs story came out at the same time as the Poch is off tale.

Nicely tied in they were and great for selling copy space but well...now its all gone quiet.

I wonder why?

Yes and one of the champions of the "lack of knowledge" journalism is John Cross of the Mirror well known Arsenal fan and Emirates insider!!  Funnily enough, he got put in his his place in a tweet from ex Spurs player Paul Miller who does work for Spurs and does know what he's talking about.  And yes, no response back from Cross!!

Edited by carmine

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Although the "facts" of the final costs will not be fully known until the final invoice is received, any Project Manager worth his salt will know full well the actual spend to date V budget and estimated costs to completion. His Gannt charts will be sweating daily with all that data. What we don't know is how much of the work was on fixed price or day rate etc and how much scope creep there was/is against the original project plan. It's also not in Spurs interest to see their contractors go bust as it would simply delay the programme.

And do you think they know how the build contract was structured between THFC and the main contractor....i'll answer that, its no, and that frankly is the most salient point in this, why is why i suggested to BB that we all hold fire and wait till the club makes an official announcement.

I'm sorry but some people zest to see a huge unplayable debt is getting in the way of any of the crucial facts that are not known yet.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I wonder why?

They're letting speculation get the better of them.  Theres the way it is and the way you want it to be.  The City lads, with the exception of JD, and others such as R2D2 and ES are way too focused on the assumption that the debt is going up to 1.2bn and that we are going to be saddled with crippling debt repayment.  Thats what they would like to see. Fair enough but don't think i'm taking such speculation seriously, i'd rather wait till theres something concrete, excuse the pun.

If they want facts, then i can tell them Pochettino has signed a new five year contract.  Another fact is the stadium is pretty much on schedule although we might have to play our first few games as away fixtures, as Arsenal did.

They rest is simply uninformed speculation.......by the same posters....funny how the rest of the forums posters haven't shown the slightest interest.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Fair to say then that the cost will be somewhere north of the original 400m quid.

There's no reason to think it would be three times as much....Levy doesn't even look like Gordon Brown!!

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Fair to say then that the cost will be somewhere north of the original 400m quid.

There's no reason to think it would be three times as much....Levy doesn't even look like Gordon Brown!!

and any project manager worth his salt would say words to the effect of "how the hell do i know who is paying the excess costs, i only the <deleted> project manager!!!

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I had a nice email the other day with a video of our retractable pitch testing....all went perfectly I'm happy to say!

I'd love to know how much were going to make out of the NFL franchise deal.  Its said to be enormous.

But i won't comment on amounts till i know the facts mate!!!?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Phew

On a serious note, i do recognize that we will end up paying considerably more than originally planned but i also believe that Levy would have gotten us well covered.  He's a dreadful person to negotiate with i hear!!

The cost information is coming from the project's client; from Spurs.

In 2017 the information  FROM SPURS was the cost had doubled to 800 million with the reasons why.

It is now being reported BY SPURS that the current estimated cost has risen again from 800 million to 1 billion.

These are facts coming FROM SPURS and not being dreamt up by anyone. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-reveal-cost-of-new-stadium-has-risen-to-800m-due-to-brexit-a3484516.html

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You've seen an estimate???

Where is this piece of paper????

Is this estimate from the mouth of Daniel Levy?

From the architects or the firm involved in the project?

Is it confirmed at all??

The answer is no of course not and you haven't come up with ONE proper attributable link have you?

Now go away and play with your toys.

All information Ronnie is coming from Spurs na khrap! 

58 minutes ago, carmine said:

On a serious note, i do recognize that we will end up paying considerably more than originally planned but i also believe that Levy would have gotten us well covered.  He's a dreadful person to negotiate with i hear!!

There is no doubt whatsoever that he's financially savvy and I'm sure the stadium will be fantastic. I think you've taken some of the comments as somewhat personal but (my comments at least) have been more to air caution, as I think paying loans of that size has to have some affect, whether it be on increasing ticket prices or not being able to buy players you'd want. 

2 hours ago, carmine said:

They're letting speculation get the better of them.  Theres the way it is and the way you want it to be.  The City lads, with the exception of JD, and others such as R2D2 and ES are way too focused on the assumption that the debt is going up to 1.2bn and that we are going to be saddled with crippling debt repayment.  Thats what they would like to see. Fair enough but don't think i'm taking such speculation seriously, i'd rather wait till theres something concrete, excuse the pun.

If they want facts, then i can tell them Pochettino has signed a new five year contract.  Another fact is the stadium is pretty much on schedule although we might have to play our first few games as away fixtures, as Arsenal did.

They rest is simply uninformed speculation.......by the same posters....funny how the rest of the forums posters haven't shown the slightest interest.

Can't believe you think the stadium cost increase is speculation. It's  been reported so many  times from various  sources.

And no one  is trying to score points here, just alerting  you to the possibility (your opinion) / probability (my opinion) that  the triple  cost of the stadium will affect the team (purchasing) over the next few seasons.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
Stupid autocorrect

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

In 2017 the information  FROM SPURS was the cost had doubled to 800 million with the reasons why.

It is now being reported BY SPURS that the current estimated cost has risen again from 800 million to 1 billion.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-reveal-cost-of-new-stadium-has-risen-to-800m-due-to-brexit-a3484516.html

OK so the original estimate 0f 400m was made seven years ago.  We build started some eighteen months ago.  So would you say its fair to say that the revised figure probably comes as no surprise at all to the club?  If you don't you must be a little loopy mate.

I'm sure many Spurs fans reading that would now be quite relaxed because all the suggestions made seem to be on the basis that the club would be banking on a cost that was thrown in SEVEN years ago.

If you really believe that Joe Lewis allowed the build to start based on a ridiculously outdated figure you must be mad.

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

OK so the original estimate 0f 400m was made seven years ago.  We build started some eighteen months ago.  So would you say its fair to say that the revised figure probably comes as no surprise at all to the club?  If you don't you must be a little loopy mate.

I'm sure many Spurs fans reading that would now be quite relaxed because all the suggestions made seem to be on the basis that the club would be banking on a cost that was thrown in SEVEN years ago.

If you really believe that Joe Lewis allowed the build to start based on a ridiculously outdated figure you must be mad.

You've just put a lot our minds at ease i'm sure and to offer a footballing analogy you've just kicked your argument into touch?

Edited by carmine