UK Visa question

My Thai Gf and I are looking to go to UK and she currently in the process of applying for a Visitors Visa, I will be entering using my US passport. She already has US visa and we have travelled there together, we have also recently travel to Germany and France with a Schengen Visa.

We had originally planned another trip to the US, and at the last minute changed plans to go to UK as a we got a really great deal on tickets with our bank that is too good to pass up. Problem is that we have to need to purchase the tickets by end of month to guarantee the deal.

I don't foresee an problems with her getting a visa and tempted to go ahead and purchase them but you never know.

Anyone else been in a similar situation, would you take the chance and buy the tickets?

Know that this is a question that can't really be answered so just looking for feedback. \

Thanks!

Three working days will be pushing things for a standard application. Even the priority visa service (extra £100 I believe) talks in terms of 3 days or so. Your gf has a history of previous travel to the US and Schengen that should make her eligible for this service as long as she has no adverse immigration history.

Think there is a misunderstanding tickets need to issued or purchased by end of month, but we will not be traveling until May. So have plenty of time to get the visa, and would normally wait for it to be approved before buying tickets.

But for this particular occasion I need to pay for tickets by end of month to get the deal.

Edited by arkom

There is nothing to stop you buying tickets but you have to decide if the risk is worthwhile. You have time to put in further applications should one be refused. If there are no blots on the immigration history and proper effort is put into preparation of the application then the risk is probably quite low.

Safest bet is to get the visa then buy!

Thanks for the reply, and completely reasonable reply.

Do have a question about the visa form regarding income that is a bit confusing. If anyone can help would be appreciated!

- Total cost to you personally of your trip in GBP. I'm guessing this should include hotels, plane/train tickets and pocket money?

- The total amount of money you have for this trip. Wouldn't that technically be the same as above? Or could they be referring to how much cash we will bring?

Thanks again!

If you are sponsoring your girlfriend in full then the total cost could be zero, if that's the case then say so on the form and explain in both of your covering letters.

If she is taking some of her own cash for out of pocket expenses then say so, and provide evidence.

Thanks for the reply, and completely reasonable reply.

Do have a question about the visa form regarding income that is a bit confusing. If anyone can help would be appreciated!

- Total cost to you personally of your trip in GBP. I'm guessing this should include hotels, plane/train tickets and pocket money?

- The total amount of money you have for this trip. Wouldn't that technically be the same as above? Or could they be referring to how much cash we will bring?

Thanks again!

I have recently submitted an application and quoted "zero" as the amount of costs for my partner.

I included in the 'sponsors letter' that I would be covering the full cost of the holiday and confirmed (with evidence) that flights and virtually all accommodation have been paid for. Evidence of cash available to cover all expenditure will also be submitted.