Korat Immigration single queue system rant!

Satcommlee

Just for info..

Gone are the Long Term and Short Term queue number systems at Korat Immigration.

They have moved to a single queue system..

So if you want something as trivial as a Re-Entry permit, or a simple short-time extension you now have to wait in queue behind the many people doing their annual 1 year extensions, and we all know that can take each person 1 Hour at a time!!

Can't see the logic in it myself, I prepare myself each year and don't moan about the 3-4 hour ordeal and probably a 2nd visit each year to submit missing paperwork when it comes to annual renewals and so do most people..

but for the 10 minutes tasks like temp extensions, re-entry permits etc.. It is wrong to put us in the same queue, most offices acknowledge this and have separate queues..

So after waiting 3-4 hours today and having to take a day off work, I was still charged 3800 Baht, also consider loss of earning's then this has cost me more like 8000 baht - with a loss to the taxman of perhaps 2000 baht! Wheres the logic?

Number 20 may be up over the desk's and you are given number 35 for example... You have no idea whether there are 15 people renewing their retirement visa's (1 hour) or 15 people wanting simple in and out (10 min) stuff like re-entry permits etc..

big thumbs down to this!!

rant over!

Is it possible to post ones 90 day raport to the office, and by that I can remain at home??

Glegoo

Korat Immigration does not allow 90 day address reports by post. Must be done in person. However, they do have a separate queue system for the 90 day report, Thank Buddha.

Also if you are from Chaiyaphum, then you don't use that office anyway. I think Chaiyaphum people go to Khon Kaen.

Is it possible to post ones 90 day raport to the office, and by that I can remain at home??

Glegoo

Korat Immigration does not allow 90 day address reports by post. Must be done in person. However, they do have a separate queue system for the 90 day report, Thank Buddha.

Also if you are from Chaiyaphum, then you don't use that office anyway. I think Chaiyaphum people go to Khon Kaen.

They do indeed.

Your days salary equates to THB 4,200...THB 8,000-THB 3,800 yet THB 2,000 tax....yes definite rant as on that salary you would not be on a 50% tax bracket. Just hope you are not a maths teacher.

Edited by PattayaPhom
  • Like 2

Glegoo

They do indeed.

Since when? I just did mine on Jan 12 and they said must do in person. In fact this past November another friend asked his neighbor to do it for him because the neighbor was going for an extension anyway. In the past they allowed this. This time they told the neighbor that they no longer allow this and it must be done by the individual himself.

Edit: And if I miss read your post, sorry. When you say "they do indeed", are you referring to the allow by post or Chaiyaphum reporting to Khon Kaen?

Edited by Ken

Glegoo

Yes you are correct Ken. I am from Chaiyaphum which you suspected. I did ask however this for a friend living in Khorat Province. But thanks anyhow for your info.

Glegolo

Your days salary equates to THB 4,200...THB 8,000-THB 3,800 yet THB 2,000 tax....yes definite rant as on that salary you would not be on a 50% tax bracket. Just hope you are not a maths teacher.

HaHa..

Nope, not a math's teacher just a p##sed-off engineer stringing some numbers together

Thanks for the accounting advice by the way :-) actually the loss of tax revenue was more like 4120 THB..

I went today to Korath Immigration for a 90 days report. Everything went smoothly. There is a seperate room only for the 90 days report, with 2 counters. So I don't see the problem.

Yes, confirmed... the 90 day report is still an in and out affair Thank God!!!

Glegoo

Korat does not accept 90 day reports via mail or post as you call it.

But, they do have a separate line and room for 90 day reporting.

There always seem to be 2-3 officers working in the 90 day room and they are fast.

My last two 90 day reports in Korat took well under 2 minutes, in and out of the front door.

I did notice a full house waiting for other services, but the 90 day reporting goes fast.

Is this something new? Lots of guys I know up here get thier extensions in Chonburi for 'various' reasons... not heard any complaints yet.. this would potentially cause the old boys no end of problems.

Stared January 1 and kicked into high gear about 2 weeks back. If your extension does not say Korat Immigration you will be denied. This is in affect threwout all of Region 4 Immigration which has 11 offices in issan. Theses offices will not take any 90 day report unless the extension is from their office.

It is everywhere now.

No more reporting at a different office when traveling around the country. It is be home for it or do a mail in report.

Big headache for some people because some offices are denying them even if you change your address.

• Like 1

I suffered the Korat Imm for almost 3 years, plus had a drive of about 1 hour each way. So normally a full day required.

Then we moved and built in Khon Kaen. WOW!

The office is just off Mittiphap, plenty of parking, seldom busy -- and 15 min from our house. For the present, KK allows wife to do 90 day reports. Extensions have been pretty quick .. 20 -30 min.

It is everywhere now.

No more reporting at a different office when traveling around the country. It is be home for it or do a mail in report.

Big headache for some people because some offices are denying them even if you change your address.

My immigration office at KK advised me that when I moved to get a 'change of address package' at my old office at Dan Singkorn. DS did on for me and the KK office never blinked.

However, when I moved to Korat -- then back to KK, no one seemed to think it was necessary.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

It is everywhere now.

Thanks for that Joewai.gif , you have confirmed what I reported on 16-1-15.

This is a real pain in the A S S for some people. I do not understand their logic but then again TiT no logic needed.facepalm.gif

• Like 1