CIMB Promotion.........

bangmai

3.2% APR for 13 months. Paid at the end of the term. 100 thb for immigration letter, no work permit required. Free calendar, and set of juice glasses. Ptomo good until the 31st. Airport Plaza Branch is open 7 days per week. Nice ladies. Be prepared to fill out IRS form W-9 if you are a US Citizen....no biggie. Best deal I've seen, lately, and interest rates may be ratcheting down. Something to consider.

• Like 1

Large Malaysian company with offices all over Thailand offering discount stock brokerage services. I almost opened a trading account with them. I wasn't aware that they were in retail banking as well. They have offices all around the world including USA and U.K.

Whats their name please?

Large Malaysian company with offices all over Thailand offering discount stock brokerage services. I almost opened a trading account with them. I wasn't aware that they were in retail banking as well. They have offices all around the world including USA and U.K.

Whats their name please?

CIMB Group

CIMB Thai

CIMB Group is the second largest financial service provider in Malaysia and the fifth largest universal banking franchise in ASEAN by asset size. It offers consumer banking, investment banking, Islamic banking, asset management and insurance products and services. Headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, the Group is now present in nine out of 10 ASEAN nations (Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Brunei, Vietnam, Myanmar and Lao PDR). Beyond ASEAN, the Group has market presence in China, Hong Kong, Bahrain, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Taiwan, Korea, the US and the UK.

CIMB Group has the most extensive retail branch network in ASEAN of more than 1,000 branches as at 31 March 2014. Its investment banking arm is also one of the largest Asia Pacific-based investment banks, offering amongst the most comprehensive research coverage of more than 1,000 stocks in the region.

CIMB Group operates its business through three main brand entities, i.e. CIMB Bank, CIMB Investment Bank and CIMB Islamic. CIMB Bank is the core of the Group’s commercial banking operations, while CIMB Islamic mainly runs the global Islamic banking and financial business. Both CIMB Bank and CIMB Islamic provide retail banking solutions on dual banking systems. CIMB Group is also the 97.9% shareholder of Bank CIMB Niaga in Indonesia, and 93.7% shareholder of CIMB Thai in Thailand.

CIMB Group is listed on Bursa Malaysia via CIMB Group Holdings Berhad. It had a market capitalisation of approximately RM58.8 billion as at 31 March 2014. The Group has over 40,000 employees located in 18 countries.

The new promo at CIMB until the end of February....3.25% for 17 months...but there is a stipulation that you also need a five month with 5,000,000 in it. But, I walked by the Suthep branch, and from what I can gather, an 11 month is 2.9% and a 5 month is 2.6%, for amounts of 50,000 to 5,000,000. So it might be good to get a ladder going with them. Best I've seen that is still in effect. Airport Plaza branch is open every day. 366 days in next year...don't forget, lol.

Edited by bangmai