When Is Songkran?

quadricorrelator

Guest IT Manager

As I understand it 12-15th officially. In CM will begin on 10th finish in June sometime.

IT/Non-Songkranelator

Laos and Cambodia have the same (or similar) celebrations. I'm interested in going to Laos to catch it this year.

To avoid it, you want to go South. Even Southern THailand they only seem to celebrate one day on the 13th. And of course in Malaysia you don't get any.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Theres no avoiding the water. especially if you are a farang and looking very dry and comfortable. Personally I love it. There is an icredibly intense water fight that goes all day on Soi Cowboy. But be sure your packing a good quality pump action water gun. Pattaya is one place you'll stay wet for about 10days.

I was only in Thailand once for sonkran (1996). I was in Bangkok during this holiday and being @ 280 lbs farang I was the perfect target for alot of thai's.

I thought it was a blast and had a lot of fun with it, but I guess if you are there every year I could see wear the fun might wear off. Remeber you could be somewhere when the ice is just starting to thaw in April.

If you are there every year consider yourself lucky and enjoy!

A wise man once said, "better to be wet and warm than dry and cold"

Ok, I not a wise man but it sounds better that way.

re: dry and cold...if outside and 30 below and there was a fire and some sled dogs available that I could inviscerate to stay warm might not be too bad...might make a difference with preparation of ham and eggs the next morning...(where's my tomato juice?)

Theres no avoiding the water. especially if you are a farang and looking very dry and comfortable. Personally I love it. There is an icredibly intense water fight that goes all day on Soi Cowboy. But be sure your packing a good quality pump action water gun. Pattaya is one place you'll stay wet for about 10days.

I was under the impression if you went to Soi Cowboy it was because you HAVE a pump action water gun, no matter time of the year, or night (except after 2) it is. :o:D

tukyleith...nawww...not underaged girls, when I first went to soi cowboy I was greeted by a fat woman that must have been 30 if she was a year. She had no talent. Older lassies at Alley Cats but good at the coal face...probably worthwhile for a visit or Trink would'nt have mentioned it...

tukyleith...nawww...not underaged girls, when I first went to soi cowboy I was greeted by a fat woman that must have been 30 if she was a year. She had no talent. Older lassies at Alley Cats but good at the coal face...probably worthwhile for a visit or Trink would'nt have mentioned it...

To be honest, I have never been there, infact anywhere in BKK, except along the motorway to Chon-Buri. OK I tell a lie, but only just.

I am a married man now, and happily at that, well atleast she is happy now that I stay home and get p1ssed. :D

And she is over 12 :o

tukyleith...your banal postings are an insult to salt water...we want to know about the lurid occurences and evil intentions that would make this forum interesting...

Sorry Tutsi, I was trying to mask my real persona. But I can see you have broken through, why pretend any more?

Lets let it all hang out...what do ya say?

you go first...

Seeing as the topic is Songkran Tutsi (which you have obviously forgotten)

I have to say that the white t-shirt on ANY lady above 18 without a bra does it for me, I am not too hard to please, just please me when I am hard... :o

so what's wrong with 40year old women in school girl outfits in songkran?....some sort of ageiest offensive against sagging breasts against 14 year olds with the real stuff?

Songkran is a political issue, my friend...falang women like to show off their stuff with wet tee shirts but they ain't got a pencil against the modest locals that always show their man a better time regardless of wet and revealing clothing.

I shall emerge on the street here for the locals to pummel me with water...prostrate myself for small children to bash me with plastic buckets...lick the anckles of labouring women that always wanted to mess with the falang and his big equipment anyhow and my wife will stand aside and smile indulgently. The Holy Cross shall be raised at the entrance to our neighborhood with yours truely gruesomely nailed and smiling sweetly...and I don't even like their food...

:D:D:D

Photos below.

http://www.pbase.com/win13/songkran

:D

Welcome to the largest and longest Wet “T” Shirt Competition in the World……… how many days.….. depends where you stay in Thailand as mentioned in this Fred.

Happy Thai New Year to you all….. Songkran... Wet, Wet and Friging Wet. Love it each and every year.

:o