Ubc Packages

libya 115

bonsaimax Posted Yesterday, 2006-08-19 23:59:35

Platinum package at 2,155 baht is a rip-off. But have to have BBC Prime and Star World aside from Discovery & Natl Geographic

??? Do you mean BBC Prime and Star World are worth an extra 500 baht per month?

Umm

Why would anyone pay for UBC when you can get all the channels free?

Aglia Sat KU Band - 148 degrees east (dream tv from the philippines).

Go to a satallite shop - buy an Infosat 9500 (series one) decoder. Buy a 5 foot KU band dish. Point it 148 degrees east at about 20 degrees elevations. Dont ask your satellite man to do this as he will tell you it wont work and try and get you to buy a Jsat system for 20,00 baht (they are mostly as dishonest as second hand car salesmen). You can configure this dish direction yourself easily using a portable tv next to the dish - alternatively buy a second hand sat finder for about $50 on ebay.

Download updates every 2 months from infosats.com (descrables the codes). You also need a serial cable to connect the receiver to your computer.

Total cost for this receiver and 5 foot ku band dish is less than 5,000 baht. No monthly charges whatsoever.

And I wathched the world cup with english commentary.

Channels you can get (52 english channels) include

Star Moves

Cinemax

HBO

ESPN

Nat Geo

Discovery

BBC W

CNN

FOX

Dream Cinema

AXN

and many more!

I am puzzled at the price difference between 'Platinum' and 'Gold': Am I missing something here, but does anyone pay the extra 500 baht per month for.....Star World?

Hy UK-FALANG

thx, very much for this informationen, :o i am now jumping since 4 weeks, between satallite and ubc,

exactly what you say about satallite man, happend.

I will now search for the things and let someone come to install it, the way you explain.

One question more, do you thing on one of this channels i can see the german soccer - like on ubc? (yes i am a german :D )

regards and a nice sunday

I have the Gold package. In my opinion it is overpriced BUT some of my friends use the Jsat and they spend more time fiddling with the codes than they spend watching TV. Years ago I bought a dish and it was fine for a while. After the scrambling got more sophisticated it eventually became a yard ornament. To each his own but I'll continue to pay for my legal service.

Umm

The satellite you are referring to at 148 degrees East is Measat 2 with VTV and Astro Indo on it. The satellite you are mean is Agila 2 Ku at 146 degrees east. The Measat 2 satellite at 148 degrees east, a baby UBC dish works well on all the VTV network, and they get their football from ESPN.

Go to a satallite shop - buy an Infosat 9500 (series one) decoder. Buy a 5 foot KU band dish. Point it 148 degrees east at about 20 degrees elevations. Dont ask your satellite man to do this as he will tell you it wont work and try and get you to buy a Jsat system for 20,00 baht (they are mostly as dishonest as second hand car salesmen).

These comments are very strange. Why are we like second hand car sales people. I would have thought the opposite, myself but I am biased.

Unlike other satellite providers, we have since January of this year stopped selling packages for the Dream TV Network (until today where we re-introduced them on a new 2.4m dish [some what bigger than your 5 foot example] and linux based set top box) due to the fact the signal was to weak when they dropped the power on the beam.

I would love to see your signals in Bangkok on a 5' dish and on 12541mhz in particular. Whilst it will work on 12301mhz it will crack up at a hint of cloud and the most watched transponder with channels like HBO, cinamax etc are on 12541mhz and this transponder is the first to go, but for a hobbist this is OK and expected. But for joe public who want to sit down and watch TV it simply is not good enough as the football is not played on fine days in Thailand.

Umm

The satellite you are referring to at 148 degrees East is Measat 2 with VTV and Astro Indo on it. The satellite you are mean is Agila 2 Ku at 146 degrees east. The Measat 2 satellite at 148 degrees east, a baby UBC dish works well on all the VTV network, and they get their football from ESPN.

Go to a satallite shop - buy an Infosat 9500 (series one) decoder. Buy a 5 foot KU band dish. Point it 148 degrees east at about 20 degrees elevations. Dont ask your satellite man to do this as he will tell you it wont work and try and get you to buy a Jsat system for 20,00 baht (they are mostly as dishonest as second hand car salesmen).

These comments are very strange. Why are we like second hand car sales people. I would have thought the opposite, myself but I am biased.

Unlike other satellite providers, we have since January of this year stopped selling packages for the Dream TV Network (until today where we re-introduced them on a new 2.4m dish [some what bigger than your 5 foot example] and linux based set top box) due to the fact the signal was to weak when they dropped the power on the beam.

I would love to see your signals in Bangkok on a 5' dish and on 12541mhz in particular. Whilst it will work on 12301mhz it will crack up at a hint of cloud and the most watched transponder with channels like HBO, cinamax etc are on 12541mhz and this transponder is the first to go, but for a hobbist this is OK and expected. But for joe public who want to sit down and watch TV it simply is not good enough as the football is not played on fine days in Thailand.

I am in Chinag Rai on a 2.5' dish - i get a very acceptable signal, although it cuts out in a heavy storm, but so does ubc.

My friend in hua hin uses a 5ft dish and says it is fine over there.

Please give me more information i dont understand what the problem is - you are still in the footprint.

by the way - the cheapo dish i bought is made in china (bought in takilek, burma) and has only one lnb and cost only 800 baht (including bracket and lnb) i get over 50 channels. I have been using this system for 9 months and have only had to wait about 10 days for scramble updates. I live in chiang rai.

I dont understand why poeple are rushing out and buying *expensive* jsat systems.

For example i can buy a 9 foot fixed dish in burma for less than 3000 baht with lnb, this will pick up jsat in almost any area in thailand. An infosat decoder (servicable in most places in thailand) costs about 3000 baht (purchased in Thailand).

Why are people paying 20 - 60,000 baht for jsat systems???? This is a total rip off.

I know a bar owner in bangkok who paid 100,000 baht for a jsat system!!

Total cost for a jsat system should be no more than 10,000 baht and for a dream tv system about 6000 baht including install. IF course you can connect your 9 foot c band and your 5 foot ku band to the same receiver and get both systems. Or you can rush out and buy a very expensive rotating dish.

So - I would say that Thai satellite engineers are dishonest!

By the way - I am also interested in how a decoder can be descrambled by pointing an electrical gadget into the LNB, without entering codes or connecting decoder to a computer or changing a chp card.

My friend gets his system (another infosat system) decoded by an engineers using a hand held gadget that is pointed at the lnb.

Section deleted my moderator.

I installed my dish myself, without a sat-finder and it was a one day job. I get TV that is just as good as UBC and it costs nothing per month.

I understand you can also pirate UBC, but I am not sure how (any info please)

With dream tv there is some talk of "version 2" which may make it harder to copy.

No idea - not an engineer, just joe public who wants to watch some cheap tv.

What is the deal with linux set top boxes? Also are these satellite decoder pc cards any good?

Umm

I am in Chinag Rai on a 2.5' dish - i get a very acceptable signal, although it cuts out in a heavy storm, but so does ubc.

Please give me more information i dont understand what the problem is - you are still in the footprint.

Edited by astral

Exactly my point. My comments were about Bangkok where the signal on Agila 2 is far weaker than in Chang Rai where you can use a 90cm to do the same job a 2.4m takes here in Bangkok.

i have silver, would have gone for gold but has no BBC prime and i dont think its worth the increase to platinum, does anyone know why they cannot give a better selection of packages, in this day and age of smartcards etc you think you would be able to choose whatever you want.

by the way - the cheapo dish i bought is made in china (bought in takilek, burma) and has only one lnb and cost only 800 baht (including bracket and lnb) i get over 50 channels. I have been using this system for 9 months and have only had to wait about 10 days for scramble updates. I live in chiang rai.

I dont understand why poeple are rushing out and buying *expensive* jsat systems.

As I mentioned above, in your part of the country a 90cm offset dish will work perfect with this network, where in Bangkok to watch it in any sort of cloudy weather you should have a 2.4m (240cm) just to get the same reception you do up there.

For example i can buy a 9 foot fixed dish in burma for less than 3000 baht with lnb, this will pick up jsat in almost any area in thailand. An infosat decoder (servicable in most places in thailand) costs about 3000 baht (purchased in Thailand).

Why are people paying 20 - 60,000 baht for jsat systems???? This is a total rip off.

Ok lets start with the Burma vrs Thai costs and forget the fact that if someone in Bangkok buys a system from Burma they will get no service, and also have to pay 20% import duty (or if they have no import license they lose it at customs as satellite equipment is a prohibited import without a license and you will need one for the LNB and one for the Dish and one for the cable and connectors - remember 20% added to each item) plus 7% VAT and the fact that what works there in Chang Rai does not always mean it will work down here in BKK or further south.

A rip off not. We pay full import duty (unlike yourself) and VAT and our taxes. We do not sell cheap Burmese made in china dishes and the bottom of the line set top boxes with no after sales support with the risk the customs department could at anytime go to our customer base and confiscate their equipment as no tax has been paid. Imagine the legal nightmare here. It has happened so many times here in country, you can see it about to happen.

Our pricing is not done piece meal as you suggest, and as you can read on our web site. We only offer packages. All the packages, pricing etc are clearly shown. There are no hidden costs. Our most expensive package right now is approx. THB 32,000 and this includes lots of internet stuff not related directly to the satellite system (like over THB 9,000 of it).

Infosat make very good equipment and import great set top boxes, and are one of the largest distributors here in Thailand. Also they are just nice people to deal with as I am sure you will have found as well.

I know a bar owner in bangkok who paid 100,000 baht for a jsat system!!

Total cost for a jsat system should be no more than 10,000 baht and for a dream tv system about 6000 baht including install. IF course you can connect your 9 foot c band and your 5 foot ku band to the same receiver and get both systems. Or you can rush out and buy a very expensive rotating dish.

So - I would say that Thai satellite engineers are dishonest!

It is difficult to spend so much with us, I wish it was that easy. But go ahead and assume and make 1+1=3 everyone else does, why not you too.

Go check with your bar friend again and see exactly what he spent. I suggest if it is this sort of price the majority of the cost would have been subscription card (something we do not do, the local Thai subscription providers do this) costs and not direct fees paid to JSAT.tv.

Section deleted by moderator

Edited by astral

By the way - I am also interested in how a decoder can be descrambled by pointing an electrical gadget into the LNB, without entering codes or connecting decoder to a computer or changing a chp card.

My friend gets his system (another infosat system) decoded by an engineers using a hand held gadget that is pointed at the lnb.

The decoder only works correctly if it has received an authorisation signal in the satellite data stream.

I guess your engineer is sending this code from his "electrical gadget".

Now a word of warning.

Receiving satellite signals that you have not paid for is illegal and is not a subject that that can be discussed in this forum.

Astral