The Hell ride and the 'wonderful' care at the hospital ....

WhamBam

WB this must been traumatic for you....hospitals and medic care are as mentioned above a hit and miss.different at the big private ones where the final bill will be also "big" and even unnecessary treatments will be done...i just had a case like this from a major private one and ended up with a bill about 300 000thb...hope you getting better soon.

It was traumatic.

I am pleased the bill was small laugh.png

Believe it or not it came to less than 2,000 Baht. Good job the g/f had money so we could combine our funds. There were no ATM's visible at the hospital even on asking.

Yes, hit and miss at hospitals and people will say you get what you pay for, but I had no say in which hospital they took me to. Not that I would have known which are the best and worst in Chonburi as it is off my patch.

Ouch at that cost of yours. That sounds more painful than a broken bone w00t.gif

don't know about the pain(except to pay the bill) ...it was juniors birth....

Ah, that bill.

I bet you are glad it was not your pain (physical) laugh.png

I hear it said that the pain of giving birth is bad and not one for a man to go through w00t.gif

What a bunch of pussies!

Manchester City's German goalkeeper, Bert Trautmann, broke his neck in the FA Cup final of 1956.

He was clearly in pain but he shrugged off the life-threatening injury and went on to make some spectacular saves as his side beat Birmingham City 3-1.

The doctor didn't think of giving you a pain killer injection? Maybe, he thought it to be unnecessary. The nurse viciously pulled your arm? Why did you not indicate where the pain was?

You are some drama queens.

IMHO, the goalkeeper was a fool and could easily have been paralysed.

It should have been patently obvious the bad arm was the one in the sling, the one with the bruising spreading down my chest and grazes on it. The arm folded across my chest. Not exactly an observant or caring nurse.

Drama queens? Let me break your collar bone and yank your arm. See if you like it rolleyes.gif

I broke my clavicle for the 2nd time in nine months back in November. First time was in February and healed itself. Took about 3 months before I was totally pain free.

The 2nd time was a serious break from end to end and had a plate installed at BPH. The service of all staff before and after the operation was nothing short of exemplary and could not be faulted. My insurance company forked out the 220K Baht for the privilege.

Funny, the pain at the actual time of both breaks was not that great. Sure, it limits your movement but I didn't suffer the way you did. I had a week between the break and the operation and didn't really use that much pain killer.

Just so you know, it's now 11 weeks since the operation to install a plate and eight screws. There is some post operation pain (quite serious for the first 4 days), but it soon settles down in about 10 days. I still can't sleep on my right side, but that's probably due to the three broken ribs I also got at the time. The pain from the ribs was greater than the shoulder and are taking longer to heal. If I have to sneeze I still have to grab my side tightly to limit the pain.

I'm back playing golf (probably shouldn't be) and it's knocked about 30 yards off my drive and everything else is a club longer. I've convinced the missus that sex in the missionary position will likely cause damage to my shoulder so that's out. Not sex, the missionary position - now I get to lay back and think of Mother England more frequently. whistling.gif

Motion in the shoulder is probably about 80% of capability at the moment. The only pain I get is immediately upon standing upright for the first time in the morning - a slight burning/numbness feeling for 30 seconds that soon goes away. I expect another month and I should be more or less 100%.

Good luck with your injury, it's not nice but they do heal in time. We just have to remember that the older we get, the less we bounce.

• Like 2

What a bunch of pussies!

Manchester City's German goalkeeper, Bert Trautmann, broke his neck in the FA Cup final of 1956.

He was clearly in pain but he shrugged off the life-threatening injury and went on to make some spectacular saves as his side beat Birmingham City 3-1.

The doctor didn't think of giving you a pain killer injection? Maybe, he thought it to be unnecessary. The nurse viciously pulled your arm? Why did you not indicate where the pain was?

You are some drama queens.

IMHO, the goalkeeper was a fool and could easily have been paralysed.

It should have been patently obvious the bad arm was the one in the sling, the one with the bruising spreading down my chest and grazes on it. The arm folded across my chest. Not exactly an observant or caring nurse.

Drama queens? Let me break your collar bone and yank your arm. See if you like it rolleyes.gif

I broke my clavicle for the 2nd time in nine months back in November. First time was in February and healed itself. Took about 3 months before I was totally pain free.

The 2nd time was a serious break from end to end and had a plate installed at BPH. The service of all staff before and after the operation was nothing short of exemplary and could not be faulted. My insurance company forked out the 220K Baht for the privilege.

Funny, the pain at the actual time of both breaks was not that great. Sure, it limits your movement but I didn't suffer the way you did. I had a week between the break and the operation and didn't really use that much pain killer.

Just so you know, it's now 11 weeks since the operation to install a plate and eight screws. There is some post operation pain (quite serious for the first 4 days), but it soon settles down in about 10 days. I still can't sleep on my right side, but that's probably due to the three broken ribs I also got at the time. The pain from the ribs was greater than the shoulder and are taking longer to heal. If I have to sneeze I still have to grab my side tightly to limit the pain.

I'm back playing golf (probably shouldn't be) and it's knocked about 30 yards off my drive and everything else is a club longer. I've convinced the missus that sex in the missionary position will likely cause damage to my shoulder so that's out. Not sex, the missionary position - now I get to lay back and think of Mother England more frequently. whistling.gif

Motion in the shoulder is probably about 80% of capability at the moment. The only pain I get is immediately upon standing upright for the first time in the morning - a slight burning/numbness feeling for 30 seconds that soon goes away. I expect another month and I should be more or less 100%.

Good luck with your injury, it's not nice but they do heal in time. We just have to remember that the older we get, the less we bounce.

Yes, the less we bounce. Had to smile at that. laugh.png

@Gsxms

There's my man.

I had a similar problem. But, not being fond of missionaries anyway, I had the bed raised to a height allowing all great work in a standing position. The driver in hand you will quickly optimize addressing the target. The hole in sight, you take your swing and let go.

But, in your condition, stay away from the Rodeo position.

@Gsxms

There's my man.

I had a similar problem. But, not being fond of missionaries anyway, I had the bed raised to a height allowing all great work in a standing position. The driver in hand you will quickly optimize addressing the target. The hole in sight, you take your swing and let go.

But, in your condition, stay away from the Rodeo position.

Correction: Not the hole, but the flag in sight. Sorry for this Freudian lapsus.

Eventually I escaped the hospital.Eventually I escaped the hospital.

I have a friend who has lived in Thailand for over 20 years...is constantly telling people that Thailand has the best doctors and hospitals at the best price in the world...yes...for him...Thailand can do no wrong...is truly the paradise he has always imagined...

Go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital dude, you are just going to sit there with your collar bone broken? It does not heal itself trust me I have had my broken 2 times, no fun, you have to be careful or you could develop blood clots and that you cannot fix, death can occur.

Use your sober brain and have it checked out by real doctors at BKK pattaya hospital, expensive yes but the treatment is 5 star ?, they saved my life literally 2 times, I was no pulse heart beat the first time and the second was collapsed lungs due to Dingu fever / pneumonia.

You do not appear to have travel insurance which I think is plain stupid especially if you're going to ride a motorcycle. Such insurance is very cheap. For example, Here in Thailand you can get international travel insurance for two weeks for as little as Bt 1000.

If you had had it, a private hospital could have sent an ambulance to the hospital you were in and taken you to their hospital you would have got good treatment.

Where can I buy the International travel insurance. What brand is good?

Go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital dude, you are just going to sit there with your collar bone broken? It does not heal itself trust me I have had my broken 2 times, no fun, you have to be careful or you could develop blood clots and that you cannot fix, death can occur.

Use your sober brain and have it checked out by real doctors at BKK pattaya hospital, expensive yes but the treatment is 5 star ?, they saved my life literally 2 times, I was no pulse heart beat the first time and the second was collapsed lungs due to Dingu fever / pneumonia.

As I said in an earlier post, I went to the hospital in Chon Buri the ambulance took me to. No choice in the matter, really.

But I am getting great care and attention now back in the U.K. The collar bone is mending even as we speak. Physiotherapy begins in a few weeks.

If I'd known then what I now know, I'd have gone to another hospital on my release. But I did not. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course. As it is, I now have to be patient. I have to admit, BKK Pattaya hospital would not be on my list. Way too expensive.

No, not a lot of fun having a broken collar bone. Seriously, I cannot even lift a cup of coffee to my lips or a forkful of food. Could not put a sock on my foot with the right hand either.

Oh for a bum gun too!! laugh.png Wiping your arse with the other hand facepalm.gif (Yes, I can find humour in it too. Either that or cry about it).

Next time I come off a m/c like that I'll land on my left side. What a nuisance having to do everything left handed laugh.png