Pattaya Police search for Middle-Easterners following theft of money from Russian

webfact

Pattaya Police search for Middle-Easterners following theft of money from Russian

russia-22.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police are currently searching for a Middle-Eastern man, woman and child, who are suspected of being involved in the theft of US Dollars from a Russian Tourist outside of a 24 hour convenience store in Naklua early on Wednesday Morning.

Mr. Rinat Safin aged 26 and his partner, made their way to Pattaya Police Station just before 3am on Wednesday to report the incident which occurred in Soi 23 off the Naklua Road.

Mr. Safin told Police that he was about to enter the store when he was approached by a Man, woman and child, who appeared to be of middle-eastern origin. The man asked if he could see some Russian Rubles as he was curious as to how the bank notes looked.

Mr. Safin produced some Rubles but the man asked if he could see the US Dollar Bills which were also inside his wallet.

At one point Mr. Safin handed over his wallet to the man who then returned the wallet before leaving with the woman and child.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/167765/pattaya-police-search-for-middle-easterners-following-theft-of-money-from-russian/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-29

Utter b0110cks!

A complete stranger comes up to you in the street and, and, and.............Did not happen!

Actually asking to see the local currency, and then returning only part of it has happened and been reported before.

Certainly incredulous that someone would hand over their well stuffed wallet to a complete stranger to take a look at???

Utter b0110cks!

A complete stranger comes up to you in the street and, and, and.............Did not happen!

Actually asking to see the local currency, and then returning only part of it has happened and been reported before.

Certainly incredulous that someone would hand over their well stuffed wallet to a complete stranger to take a look at???

Notice they were not interested in Rouble, but that I can understand, given that 1 Rouble = 0.48 Baht. Although he could have had a wallet full of 5000's.

Coincidently when he returns to Russia and makes his insurance claim for the USD, he will most likely, given the current volatility of the currency, end up with more Rouble than he left there with.

Utter b0110cks!

Notice they were not interested in Rouble, but that I can understand, given that 1 Rouble = 0.48 Baht. Although he could have had a wallet full of 5000's.

Coincidently when he returns to Russia and makes his insurance claim for the USD, he will most likely, given the current volatility of the currency, end up with more Rouble than he left there with.

I suspect that was the object of the whole exercise!

This is an old scam thats been going on for years. I believe the story, some people are really stupid. But this russian maybe grew up in a small Russian village where he learned to trust anyone. First trip to Pattaya and then this happen.

I'd like to meet this Ruskie.. maybe he want to buy a bridge..

This is the weakest insurance scam ever - guaranteed he won't get a payout for the missing $1,700
More likely he'll get arrested before leaving Thailand and if he files a claim he'll be arrested again in Russia.

No one hands over a wallet with $1,700 to anyone, at any time of day - especially not to Mid-Eastern looking chap at 3 am on Soi off of Naklua road!

I'd like to meet this Ruskie.. maybe he want to buy a bridge..

This is the weakest insurance scam ever - guaranteed he won't get a payout for the missing $1,700

More likely he'll get arrested before leaving Thailand and if he files a claim he'll be arrested again in Russia.

No one hands over a wallet with $1,700 to anyone, at any time of day - especially not to Mid-Eastern looking chap at 3 am on Soi off of Naklua road!

I don't care if he looked, whatever..., I do not hand my wallet over to my wife! And we have been together forever, OK IT JUST SEEMS LIKE FOREVER.