Help please. Where do I go for the next tourist visa?

That's what I thought, When I was in Vientiane 3 months ago the guys outside that do the paper work for you said for 5000 baht they would get a tourist visa for me for six months, I didn't go for that thought it was doggy,

Double entry tourist visa (six months after extensions) cost Bt 2,000 directly applied at the consular section.

That's what I thought, When I was in Vientiane 3 months ago the guys outside that do the paper work for you said for 5000 baht they would get a tourist visa for me for six months, I didn't go for that thought it was doggy,

Double entry tourist visa (six months after extensions) cost Bt 2,000 directly applied at the consular section.

Can I do THIS In Penang?

Can I do THIS In Penang?

No, as mentioned before Penang only issues single entry tourist visa. For double entry you must go to Laos.

Ok so just finally what does that mean? I pay 5000 baht and then do extensions for six months at 2000 baht a month??

Ok so just finally what does that mean? I pay 5000 baht and then do extensions for six months at 2000 baht a month??

No. As explained before, you pay Bt 2,000 at the consulate in Laos. Each extension is Bt 1,900, paid at immigration in Thailand.

You will get a 2 entry tourist visa (2000 baht) that will be valid for 3 months. You extend the 1st entry at immigration for 30 days and then leave and re-enter the country using the 2nd entry before the enter before date on the visa and then extend that 60 day entry for 30 days. This gives a total stay of about 6 months.

Thanks for all your help, Am I right in thinking that I have my visa stamped till the 15th of Feb Sunday but my visa says the 16th .I'm going to go Vientiane but if I go on the train I will have to go Saturday cos I will have an overstay cos the train that goes Sunday evening doesn't get in till the Monday morning 16th.

Also when you say for the 6 months tourist visa I have to leave the country is it ok to go Rayong and go across to Myanmar to get the stamp?

How much does a work permit cost?

You will get a 2 entry tourist visa (2000 baht) that will be valid for 3 months. You extend the 1st entry at immigration for 30 days and then leave and re-enter the country using the 2nd entry before the enter before date on the visa and then extend that 60 day entry for 30 days. This gives a total stay of about 6 months.

Sorry about this but still confused . The last visa I got was from vientaine and it is a double entry visa I extended it at Imagration after 60 day for 30 days, Do I have to go to Laos to get a new double entry visa or where can I go ? Cab I go to Kanchanaburi ir Rayong? and get it extendedf there?

This what you do!

1. Go to Laos and obtain a two entry (double) tourist visa from one of the Thai Consulates.

2. Enter Thailand (using the first of the two entries allowed by the visa) You will be given permission to stay for 60 days

3. Toward the end of the 60 days apply for a 30 day extension at a Thai immigration office .

4. When approaching the end of the 30 day extension LEAVE Thailand ! (ie enter another country)

5. Return to Thailand (using the 2nd entry permitted by the visa) You will be given permission to stay for 60 days

6. Toward the end of the 60 days apply for a 30 day extension at a Thai immigration office .
7 When approaching the end of the 30 day extension LEAVE Thailand !
Edited by nzexpat

This what you do!

1. Go to Laos and obtain a two entry (double) tourist visa from one of the Thai Consulates.

2. Enter Thailand (using the first of the two entries allowed by the visa) You will be given permission to stay for 60 days

3. Toward the end of the 60 days apply for a 30 day extension at a Thai immigration office .

4. When approaching the end of the 30 day extension LEAVE Thailand ! (ie enter another country)

5. Return to Thailand (using the 2nd entry permitted by the visa) You will be given permission to stay for 60 days

6. Toward the end of the 60 days apply for a 30 day extension at a Thai immigration office .
7 When approaching the end of the 30 day extension LEAVE Thailand !

OK so on the 15th Feb I can go to Maynmar and get the 2nd entry permitted by the visa?