Changes to Thai on BKK - LHR

tso310

Announced today I believe. Sorry to see TG916/917 going as I really prefer these flight times. EVA is going to be extra busy now. Not really surprised as both Etihad and Qatar are introducing A380s and completely under cutting Thai.Our eldest daughter is flying Etihad on LHR-BKK-LHR in August for about £440 I believe. No news on whether the 916/917 slots are being kept or sold off.

Bangkok – London Heathrow
TG916/917 operates with Boeing 747-400 instead of A340-600, until 30JUN15 (Service reduce from daily to 5 weekly, Day x24, from 30APR15 to 28JUN15)
TG910/911 operates with A380 from 01JUL15, replacing Boeing 747-400. Overall service reduce from 2 to 1 daily as TG916/917 being cancelled from the same date

TG910 BKK0110 – 0715LHR 380 D
TG911 LHR1230 – 0545+1BKK 380 D

And the Madrid and Moscow routes cancelled as from end of March and the LA service likely to go by Sept. Doubt that the axing of the routes will do much to improve the situation, incompetent management and an archaic structure.

Overpriced and they have lost the plot.

They will have to start price matching but their over bloated management will not agree to that.

The only place I can see Thai going is down.

The A380 is really changing the game.

Edited by Jay Sata

Replacing two fuel guzzler flights on age old planes per day by one huge A380 flight?

Some might have liked other flighttimes, OK.

But this knee-jerk "incompetent management" bashing is complete rubbish for this decision.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

So why would economy passengers want to pay nearly twice as much for Thai London to BKK over the likes of Emirates

Or on direct flights a couple of hundred more than Eva.

Check the prices on a site such as Skyscanner.

So why would economy passengers want to pay nearly twice as much for Thai London to BKK over the likes of Emirates

Yes, the current prices are way off.

I checked high season prices in July.

There the differences are much smaller.

BA being the most expensive BTW.

I fear it will be like the petrol-discounts here in Oz over the last ten years or so from the supermarket chains - once the competition has been destroyed, well, there is no longer any viable competition. And up go the prices!

I don't think so moojar.

The low cost carriers and Middle East airlines have changed the face of long distance travel.

The A380 is the latest toy in their toolbox and all the old carriers such as Thai,Malaysian,Qantas etc are going to have to adapt or die.

Boeing have dismissed the threat from Airbus for too long and have a lot of catching up to do.

The days of the 747 are numbered.

The A380 is the latest toy in their toolbox and all the old carriers such as Thai,Malaysian,Qantas etc are going to have to adapt or die.

I flew Malaysians A380 back to Heathrow couple weeks ago one way for 13,750 Baht One Way........it was packed solid

It looks like Madrid will end in September - from the routesonline website:

Based on latest inventory update as of 02FEB15, THAI is ending Bangkok – Madrid service, as reservation for travel on/after 07SEP15 is closed.

In Summer 2015 season, THAI operates 3 weekly Boeing 777-200ER service, with 4th weekly added from 09JUN15.

TG948 BKK0005 – 0800MAD 777 x357
TG949 MAD1300 – 0605+1BKK 777 x357

In addition, THAI has filed 3 weekly 777-300ER service to Madrid for service on/after 25OCT15 (Winter 2015/16 schedule), however reservation is also closed.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/246977/thai-ends-madrid-service-in-september-2015/