Washing machine inlet hose

I need a 3m hose to connect my washing machine to the tap. After visiting around 10 stores I have found 2m hoses (which I already have but it's too short) with a standard female hose fitting at each end, and 3 meter hoses with a standard female hose fitting at one end to attach to the washer and some medieval-looking torture device with 4 set screws that's supposed to seal the tap to a rubber washer and it has a quick disconnect with ball bearings inside.

Before I found my 2m hose, I bought one of the hoses with different connectors at each end and found no way to attach it to my tap without leaking and didn't find any other taps that this contraption would mate with. I can't see why I'd want to disconnect it since it doesn't seem to be a standard hose quick coupling anyway.

My question, where can I find a 3m hose with standard fittings at each end, or what kind of faucet is it that these oddball hoses connect to? I'm in Ubon. On the right is the one I want, on the left is the unnecessarily complicated model.

post-188665-0-35561100-1422549824_thumb.

post-188665-0-23895500-1422549829_thumb.

Not at the 10 stores I went to. Home Pro, Do Home, Thai Wasadu, Lotus, Big-C, Home Buy, Home hub.

Washers need burst proof hose since they are inside your home and connected and turned on all the time. If they weren't they could burst and fill your house up with water when you're gone for the weekend.

I can't find any materials to make a hose and I can't find anybody at the stores that can show me what kind of a tap this other 3 m long hose contraption connects to

I dont know your location,or if they have shops in your area,

but Amorn, stock all kinds of spare parts for washing machines

among a wide range of other stuff.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

Is Amorn that electrical supply company with offices in each province?

I got it fitted with the 3 m hose but I'm seeing 4-5 failure points instead of the one you'd have with a standard washer hose.

This thing I had to disassemble into three pieces take the washer out put the metal piece that screws into the tap through there, push it through far enough so that I could catch the last flange and tighten it up with the four set screws and then smash the washer back on in between the plastic part.

So far it doesn't seem to be leaking but if it were a standard connector I think it would last forever. I don't see any advantage in this quick connect situation for something that I'm never going to disconnect. I don't know how difficult it would make be for them to make a 3 m long hose with standard connectors on the end without all this additional bullshit on one end of the hose. I didn't findbit any simpler to screw a tap to a hose with 4 screws and a rubber washer than just seen a hise fitting in a connector.

Considered, yes. Found a M to M adapter at any of the places here, no.

I just bought a 3m hose and a new screw-on connector for my water tap. Now there are all sorts of places it can fail and leak instead of just a single, solid connection of a standard hose connector, that exists on all the 2m hoses.

I don't understand what this difficult to install, leakage prone connector with the quick disconnect is even there. It only connects to another wash machine hose.

Is it for people wealthy enough to own multiple washing machines, who enjoy connecting and disconnecting hoses between loads to switch from their LG inverter to their Electrolux ultra-smooth drum model, yet too poor or stupid to add a T fitting or Y connector to the line?

Glad the you got your big problem fixed!

I have two washing machines and don't disconnect anything. When I built my house I installed two faucets. I use home made connecting hoses without "burst proof" hose and have never had a problem in 16 years. But I do turn off the faucets when not washing, I don't leave them on 24/7. No leaks ,no fuss and I'm not wealthy. One is the standard two tub Thai type that my wife likes and the other a top load automatic that I prefer.

• Like 2

Considered, yes. Found a M to M adapter at any of the places here, no.

I just bought a 3m hose and a new screw-on connector for my water tap. Now there are all sorts of places it can fail and leak instead of just a single, solid connection of a standard hose connector, that exists on all the 2m hoses.

I don't understand what this difficult to install, leakage prone connector with the quick disconnect is even there. It only connects to another wash machine hose.

Is it for people wealthy enough to own multiple washing machines, who enjoy connecting and disconnecting hoses between loads to switch from their LG inverter to their Electrolux ultra-smooth drum model, yet too poor or stupid to add a T fitting or Y connector to the line?

Just turn off the faucet/tap when you are not using the washing machine. Precludes any flooding when the burst hose you fear when the machine isn't in use.

Yes, you will have to turn it on each time you go to use the washing machine but that's not all of a great challenge...

That was the undocumented step that I figured out that allowed me to finally connect it.

That, and finding someone at Tesco of all places who knew what kind of connector that it was supposed to fit on.

The key to install the torturer device is to have it unscrewed a bit so after you tighten the holding screws you can tighten to make a good seal to the tap lip. They work great if installed correctly.

212000516_Plastic_Tap_Connector_with_3pc

Glad you're sorted.

But I'm amazed you couldn't find a 3/4" M-M coupler.

HomePro and just about anywhere that sells pipe should have them in PVC, brass or iron.

I think that you find that the M-M is 1/2 ''

Any local plumbing supplier will have them.

Home and the like may only stock them in the Garden Hose Pipe Dept.

Actually the standard hose fitting is 3/4" not 1/2". The small hoses used for kitchen/bathroom faucets is 1/2 inch. And the hose for the toilet is 1/2" on one end and 3/4" on the other..