Buses from Bueng Kan to Nakhon Phanom,

Stekmer

I once took a Nakhon Phanom to Nong Khai service that ran through Bueng Khan. At the time, 3-4 yrs back, the service was running at least for 2 decades. I cannot imagine that it has been stopped and the places between Bueng Khan and Nakhon Phanom left without access to the two places.

The services was only 1-2 times a day, if I am not mistaken. It was a long ride in an old 2nd class aircon bus.

There will be also services running to the district towns and you might be able to connect to a NP service.

Not many foreigners traveling by public transport in the area as it is not on the backpacker radar. This does not mean that it is a desert.

I would not worry about this. It is impossible to get stuck in Isaan unless you walk off into the forest.

I've done that trip, but it was a long while ago.

I suggest you pop in to Bueng Kan bus station and ask.... or if you're not posting from there, just take a gamble. There is bound to be some kind of bus going that way along the river. But don't expect VIP buses!

Thanks for the replies.

I'm now in Bueng Kan and there is a regular bus service to Nakhon Phanom with buses leaving at 1115 and 1430 hrs each day for 135 baht for the 180 km ride.

There is no bus station but buses and minivans stop and start from near the down town roundabout, just near the large clock tower.

The information about no direct services came from an incorrect entry on Wikitravel which I'll update soon.

Thanks again for the replies ☺

Edited by Stekmer