why thai people not reply by mail

gal29

ok this problem is Very strange for me and so Difficult to understand.....
And I would appreciate if anyone can halp me with this :-)

why thai not reply they Email they get ??

i have to work with a some thai and thai compeny,
lets say i have about 30 pepole that i have to contact with them 3-4 times a week

i send them some mail, with job order, or Requests for payment or Just talk about work....

but the problem they not or dont want to reply !

i send to some thai person a Request to do somthing, and after one day he not reply my mail

all i need is somthing like "Ok...i get it..." "work on it"
But not....nothing come, so i have to send him/she agin, and wait one more day, andnot reply.....

then i send him/She Message by line or i just call by phone and ask " did you get my mail 1/2/3/ days ago?"
and they say "yes, sure i get it"

so why you not reply ? just give a sign that you start to wotrk....somthing,

i try meny things allredy, to Explain them thet is very necessary for me to know they get the mail
and all i need its jsut small reply, so they say " yes, i will do...." and day after i send mail agin and nothing change,

Does anyone know what to do with this situation ?

Why is it so hard for them to reply to the email ?

and i tallk about Serious people with good joob,English -speaking,managers, University graduates
but stil, canot Reply by email :)

Your post is something I could have wrote as I experience the exact same thing. I need to schedule flights, hotel etc and they do not reply so It makes my job very difficult. I have to follow up two or three times with emails and phone messages. I think (know) it is partly laziness but also them not wanting to commit to anything. If they commit they might have to do something. Same as their maintenance, total nightmare! Any other country responds quickly and are very thankful and helpful as I am involved with product support and normally everyone is happy when I come for a visit.

and i tallk about Serious people with good joob,English -speaking,managers, University graduates

but stil, canot Reply by email

It seems to be a cultural issue....

Phoning back seems quite common and than often only if you directly request a "reply" but without making it too pushy.

• Like 1

They are too lazy and too ignorant about what is polite protocol

They see your email but they think it will mean more work for them if they answer your messages

It is sad but many Thais are too stupid to understand that customer service is good for business

and answering promptly would be considered a good thing

Only way to get them to answer is messages thru line or fatassbook

LOL! That was my first experience with Thai "professionals", just after 2 days in BK, 4 years ago. A lost cause!

For many years in the US I was a consultant and a trainer for Century 21, a very well know worldwide real estate corporation.

Walking Sukumvit I saw with surprise its sign on a beautiful high rise building. Just for curiosity I enter its very modern and luxurious office to say Hello, and I had a chat with its sales manager, a guy from the UK. He mention that business were not so good, because its staff do not know how to prospect, western style.

He ask me to meet them, and we set a 20 people sales group meeting. All Thai, but speaking OK English. I asked them if they had e-mail and website. Only very few had, most using the company e-mail. Finishing the meeting, I gave them a homework. One of the things was for them to set a personal/business e-mail account, and e-mail to me some info, to have in my hands 3 days later for the second and last meeting. Was very clear for them that I was doing some kind of test and selection.

Only 10 people did. I told the manager that if I was working for him, I will start firing half of his staff. I just toured BK more few days and move to Chiang Mai. Months later I gave him a call.....He left the company. He told me that he just lost hope that he can change the way Thai people deal with business..specially with foreigners, the main clientele of Century 21 in BK.

I do not know if that changed in 4 years in Century 21...doesn't look like changed in most business.

No good when dealing with ASEAN market and people.

Edited by umbanda

gal29 -- I know you're new to posting on ThaiVisa and it's considered bad form to point out typos and bad grammar, but your post was so full of them, it makes me wonder if the Thai people receiving your emails are having trouble deciphering them and just decide to ignore them.

Perhaps if you wrote your emails using standard spelling and grammar, you'd be more likely to receive a response.

Hummmm...Looks like I will be your next target. I speak 4 languages...but English is not my forte.

to get Thai people to answer emails, you got to sit them in a big openspace room and display all incoming emails on a big screen, from which they disappear once they have been satisfactorily replied to (subject to quality control).

Also run a leaderboard of which employees reply to most emails.

Edited by manarak

Stop using emails and start using facebook and Line, and voila...... you will have all the interaction you need.

Email is soooooooooo 2005.

You got to move with the times, or the times will move YOU.

Edited by PepperMe

gal29 -- I know you're new to posting on ThaiVisa and it's considered bad form to point out typos and bad grammar, but your post was so full of them, it makes me wonder if the Thai people receiving your emails are having trouble deciphering them and just decide to ignore them.

Perhaps if you wrote your emails using standard spelling and grammar, you'd be more likely to receive a response.

Hummmm...Looks like I will be your next target. I speak 4 languages...but English is not my forte.

We can see that. tongue.png

Not just Thai people, foreign workers in Thailand are lazy to respond to e-mails, even if its their job. In my country, if you didn't reply to a work related e-mail within 24-hours your boss would be asking if you wanted to keep your job. Here, it seems no one has any accountability and only do what they cannot get out of.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not just Thai people, foreign workers in Thailand are lazy to respond to e-mails, even if its their job. In my country, if you didn't reply to a work related e-mail within 24-hours your boss would be asking if you wanted to keep your job. Here, it seems no one has any accountability and only do what they cannot get out of.

Your country, lmao...

Wow so much crap written, so little time, I deal with Thai nationals on a daily basis via email and all in English never appear to have the trials and tribulations TV all knowing members have

I actually wonder how many do actually real life business dealings and how many are making this sh it up just to Thai bash ?

• Like 1

Stop using emails and start using facebook and Line, and voila...... you will have all the interaction you need.

Email is soooooooooo 2005.

You got to move with the times, or the times will move YOU.

Emails are used for business same as faxes were years ago. They are kept as a record and are copied to other parties. It is a more formal way than messages on LINE which are for chatting.

Having said that I do find myself first sending an email and then after a while if not answered following it up with a Line message asking them to confirm my request and if they then respond I send another email copied to everyone confirming their Line reply. In my business I must keep different people around the world informed on what is going on.

Edited by ttthailand

Because Thais are more technologically savvy than you, and they realize that email is outdated tech...SMS, instant messaging, line - these are the communication options in 2015. Email is so 1995...

businesses use email... Chatting with your girlfriend you use Line

Different tools for different jobs

Wow so much crap written, so little time, I deal with Thai nationals on a daily basis via email and all in English never appear to have the trials and tribulations TV all knowing members have

I actually wonder how many do actually real life business dealings and how many are making this sh it up just to Thai bash ?

I have been dealing with Thai companies for 25 years, all technical work. Some Thais respond quickly others its like pulling teeth, painful ! If they have equipment down and their company is losing money I normally don't have a problem but if it is regarding items like scheduling a maintenance visit, training, invoicing or something that is outside of an emergency the response can be slow if I even receive.

I have got use to it with some customers and just figure a few follow ups will be required... Just something I have to deal with.

OP, it might be an idea for you to check your junk mail.

Actually, it might also be an idea for you to phone and ask them to check theirs as well....................wink.png

Assuming this isn't a troll post or plain bashing:

You didn't mention what business you were involved with or the scope of work your vendors are responsible for. If you are using emails alone for proof of progress, then I think you need to consider reviewing your business plan.

Before your next venture, setup a kick-off meeting and lay down the rules. Record and keep the minutes of the meeting and make sure they sign them.

My job title here in Thailand is that of coordinator hence working with a lot of Thai companies and different sections of those companies. I can't read Thai or write it, but I seldom have problems with emails not being answered, or responding to emails received........................rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Unfortunately Soutpeel I also have had several experiences of complete non response to emails from companies. I was trying to find a new supplier for a customer in the UK who wanted to move his production away from China. Having investigated potential suppliers emails were completely ignored. Even ringing to follow up and being asked to resend the email I still did not receive a reply. One company had a Japanese offshoot office and I eventually went to them - and received an almost immediate reply back.

I deliberately kept the question(s) simple and was only looking for an initial response to say yes they could or could not do.

All of the companies contacted had web sites at least partially in English. Yes they would not know me but one would have expected any new business leads to have at least been investigated - or is that Thai bashing mellow.png.pagespeed.ce.HU9LzmAHjtWVfWPe ?

The OPs English may have had something to do with his issues (we would all be guessing here) but as I received (finally) a response from one company where we proceeded to a quotation stage I can reasonably say that it wasn't a factor in my particular case.