Can't afford to live in Thailand anymore

theguyfromanotherforum

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Thais generally don't like the cold. Canada is not a popular destination with Thais - they prefer New Zealand or Australia, at least because of the weather - and also the Aussies are a hell of a lot more talkative than the Canadians - I think probably also because of the weather. Another scenario is she might get depressed in Toronto because of the general lack of adequate communication with people around her and all the vagrants and mental people stumbling around downtown Toronto. She has a lot to lose if she's well set up in Thailand. The lifestyle and atmosphere change may come as a shock to her. Another thing with Thais - they like to stay connected with their family... I really don't understand what you had in mind if you don't have any real job prospects in Canada yourself. You need to have a really good income cause it looks like you'd have to feed both of you for a while, while she adjusts, learns the language and so on. I'm not sure if Canadian embassy would even grant her a visa if you can't prove that you can easily support both of you in Canada. Have you looked into any of this yet?

What do you do for a living? What's your income?

Just got off the phone with my sister in Canada. Got the info on costs for you guys.My sister lives in a small city in Alberta so her costs are low not like in a big city.

These are her quotes.for costs

cable,,internet, phones,electric,water,sewer natural,gas(heating house and cooking and how water) monthly $1000 = 26000 baht

Taxes for home (house is paid for) $6000 annual monthly $500 = 13000 baht

Insurance house and 2 cars $3000 annually monthly $250 = 6500 baht

monthly costs before food or leaving the house, or gas for the cars or clothes monthly $17500 = 45,500 baht

Now lets talk food

ground beef cheapest beef you can buy on sale $3 a pound or 156 a kilo.

Beef as steaks many prices depends on steak but start at $10 a pound or 520 baht a kilo.

I was wrong about no use as you go mobile service. My sister uses Telus and pays 50 cents a minute or 13 baht a minute. Calculate how many minutes a day you use and multiply by 13 baht see if Canada is cheaper .Telus is discontinuing this service and is forcing her to a contract also.

She lives in a modest house in a small city. the house is 126 years old so isnot in new neighbourhood either.

Modest house is small city. The costs will be more in a big center.

You guys can come here and question what i state here but that will not mean I am wrong it will mean you are either poorly informed or just looking for an arquement.

If you want big city prices I can get those too. From relatives in Calgary. Just ask.

Should add this is for 2 adults.

Edited by lovelomsak

So what does this have to do with this thread? I see nothing here relating to the thread. Off a bit are we not?

There's a clue in the first sentence.

First sentence has to do with Thailand I was referring to the thread.

A number of the esponses in this thread refer to cheaper housing in Thailand.

My response, which you object to, points out that housing in the west has provided and does provide the necessary money to live in Thailand for many expats.

While "cheaper" houses in Thailand are, with very few exceptions, not an asset an expat can own, though many pay for houses in other people's names.

And when that goes East we have evidence that houses in Thailand are not as cheap in comparison as they are claimed to be.

If this is a sore point you did not like being reminded og then I apologise.

Alberta guy, your post is biased and I can make the same biased post in favor of Canada which I will now.

I own a rather small 44sqm condo in the very center or Toronto. Current selling price is $259,000 (7 million baht).

A condo on Sukhumvit 24 that is around 30 square meters and will look like a ghetto in 10 years (as I pointed out on another thread) is going for 6mil baht from the developer. This big city price example good enough for you?

Sure, I pay tax and maintenance on my condo. Tax it $120 a month and maintenance is $365, but that includes unlimited heating/Aircon and electricity. Sure, maintenance in Thailand is much lower, but that explains the many developments that end up looking like a dump.

My variable mortgage is currently set at 1.85%. What is the average mortgage in Thailand? I believe at least 4%.... so Canada wins here too.

Taxes are high in Canada, but my uncle is going through an experimental cancer treatment which will most likely cost the tax payer a million bucks. Free for him. Canada wins big time here,

Cherries, berries, strawberries are much cheaper in Canada. So is a good quality beef and Manuka and various NZ honey. Probiotics and vitamins.... much cheaper.

Average supermarket in Canada is really well supplied even in crappy city like Hamilton. You can find a lot of imported stuff that would in Thailand cost you an arm and a leg.

Insurance costs more because they actually pay out even if you are at fault, unlike in Thailand.

Schools are free and even high quality University education will become free for poorer families (I don't agree with this, but we are strictly comparing costs).

As mentioned before, Cars, electronics, phones (buy without a plan like in Thailand) is cheaper.

Internet is reliable fast and cheap IF you go through re-sellers such as teksavvy and Wind.

The only thing I find cheaper in Thailand is the cost of transport and meds.

Everything else is more expensive. Period.

So what does this have to do with this thread? I see nothing here relating to the thread. Off a bit are we not?

There's a clue in the first sentence.

You should have stopped there.

The only reason a Farong has lost a house here is because they were stupid.

True you can not own land but you can own a house sitting on land that you have a 30 year lease on.

What happens to the house after 30 years?

Can you leave a lease to your relatives in your home country? I.e outside thailand.

My variable mortgage is currently set at 1.85%. What is the average mortgage in Thailand? I believe at least 4%.... so Canada wins here too.

Schools are free and even high quality University education will become free for poorer families (I don't agree with this, but we are strictly comparing costs).

Internet is reliable fast and cheap IF you go through re-sellers such as teksavvy and Wind.

Current mortgage rate in Thailand is 6.6%.

Schools are free in Thailand too, but university fees are currently around 22k/year.

Internet in Thailand 630bht/month (in the UK it was 2,500bht/month, no streaming and torrents monitored)

Quality of everything tends to be a matter of opinion, pointless to discuss really.

Edited by BritManToo

Just got off the phone with my sister in Canada. Got the info on costs for you guys.My sister lives in a small city in Alberta so her costs are low not like in a big city.

These are her quotes.for costs

cable,,internet, phones,electric,water,sewer natural,gas(heating house and cooking and how water) monthly $1000 = 26000 baht

Taxes for home (house is paid for) $6000 annual monthly $500 = 13000 baht

Insurance house and 2 cars $3000 annually monthly $250 = 6500 baht

monthly costs before food or leaving the house, or gas for the cars or clothes monthly $17500 = 45,500 baht

Now lets talk food

Beef as steaks many prices depends on steak but start at $10 a pound or 520 baht a kilo.

I was wrong about no use as you go mobile service. My sister uses Telus and pays 50 cents a minute or 13 baht a minute. Calculate how many minutes a day you use and multiply by 13 baht see if Canada is cheaper .Telus is discontinuing this service and is forcing her to a contract also.

She lives in a modest house in a small city. the house is 126 years old so isnot in new neighbourhood either.

Modest house is small city. The costs will be more in a big center.

You guys can come here and question what i state here but that will not mean I am wrong it will mean you are either poorly informed or just looking for an arquement.

If you want big city prices I can get those too. From relatives in Calgary. Just ask.

Should add this is for 2 adults.

Insurance house and 2 cars $3000 annually

biggrin.png facepalm.gif

21000(807CAD) bath insurance annualy my fake Toyota(fortuner)n 3 year old- bucket of bolts and its only ONE..

price now its 800k-900k(30-35k CAD) its same GL350 3 year old in Canada..

insurance house in Thailand not correct.. becouse house owner i donno foreigners( 40 ml B invest in Thai economic for apply?)

cable,,internet, phones,electric,water,sewer natural,gas(heating house and cooking and how water) monthly $1000 = 26000 bah

cheesy.gif

Not corecct

In thailand water NOT same as Canada..

In Thailand need included in this is cost filter and water from supermarckets ( for drink and cook)

Natural guess for heating?facepalm.gif

WHere in Thailand have Heating? but one month its cold and cant comfort with boxer stay in home..

Cooking? it baloon? Hot water buy gas it not simular buy electric heater.. If make same( hight pover heater and near all taps

i guess electracity bill be easy 5000 only for heat water..

Taxes for home (house is paid for) $6000 annual

whistling.gif

it is payment for school , some local infrastructure etc..

How many children have you sister?

so need checking simmular "qality" school for this is price in Thailand..And simular infrastructure..

and again

Thailand is almost impossible for foreigners owning a home. It means not correct comparison

thailand near 600-700?

biggrin.png

Thailand its near 1500 b kilo

I was wrong about no use as you go mobile service. My sister uses Telus and pays 50 cents a minute or 13 baht a minute. Calculate how many minutes a day you use and multiply by 13 baht see if Canada is cheaper .

againe

Ranger

start from 80CAD to ALL CANADA anlimited call. and 1 GB DATA

but normaly used its i guess 5 gb so price it be 105CAD

and its included roaming data price

PS

agaim

my cousin in Vancuver( now) can afford a studio with some designer furniture, 335 bmw and some desinger clothes ( can say lux)( he young guy)

And all it on income 75k CAD per year.. maybe little more

i am sure on 100k CAD per year cant all this is afford in Bangkok.

I love the bit about comparing house prices, Thailand v the west.

I wonder how many expats in Thailand fund or have funded their life in Thailand on the back of proffits they made, or are making on wedtern house ownership?

Compare that with a house in Thailand, which with very few exceptions westerners in Thailand cannot own.

Anything costing Bht3million that you pay for but cannot own is expensive.

A point that is not missed on significant numbers of expats in Thailand who have lost their life savings by buying houses in Thailand that are registered in someone elses name.

ummm, thought it was the land that cant be owned, not the house.

ummm, thought it was the land that cant be owned, not the house.

You can't own either unless you commission the build and have your name on the planning documents.

Once built, house and land are registered as one inseparable 'Thai only' item.

Edited by BritManToo

I think it is generally cheaper to live in Thailand in much the same way that it is generally cheaper to drive a C-series than an S-series.

C63 you think cheapest drive than S 250 CDI?

Need compare simular.

And Yes. Some style life cheapest in Thailand.

But sure its not western stile standarts in many way.

And sure not for fun car, meat and many another thinks.

if you wanted to pick apart his post you could have just mentioned it's a S-class...E-class and BMW uses the term "series". His point otherwise was completely logically sound.

I am Canadian and find it is still cheaper in thailand. Try and live in Canada on the same budget as Thailand and you will find it impossible. Bottles water is 2 dollars or 52 baht now. The baht is still good. I used to get 18 to the dollar for years. Also the dollar will be up by the end of the year when oil goes back up to $70, Canadian dollar is oil based.

Cell phone costs in Canada run over $300 a month thats pushing 10,00 baht for most every one I know there it is all on contract with the companies and need to sign up for 1 to 3 year terms. A minimum monthly payment plus time used.but phone is free.

I cant remember how much be water. but go in internet...

24 * 500ml nestle pure life its 2.99 CAD.

Thailand 12* 600 its 60-50 B

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

SO what about you talking?

blink.png

OK

this is what I am talking about. Stop at any store buy a bottle of water cannot find one under $2. Not talking internet in bulk price. Can get cheaper yes even at Walmart when you buy in bulk. I was referring to one bottle purchases.

A dollar or 26 baht buys nothing in Canada and I mean nothing. I will be back in June and come back to this thread and post costs if you want.Just tell me what store,s you want priced out.

convenience in thailand is extremely cheap compared to the west. Restaurants, anything in 7-11, laundry..etc. But for things like real estate and fuel and cars and things like that Thailand isn't really a bargain.

I am Canadian and find it is still cheaper in thailand. Try and live in Canada on the same budget as Thailand and you will find it impossible. Bottles water is 2 dollars or 52 baht now. The baht is still good. I used to get 18 to the dollar for years. Also the dollar will be up by the end of the year when oil goes back up to $70, Canadian dollar is oil based.

Cell phone costs in Canada run over $300 a month thats pushing 10,00 baht for most every one I know there it is all on contract with the companies and need to sign up for 1 to 3 year terms. A minimum monthly payment plus time used.but phone is free.

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

blink.png

OK

this is what I am talking about. Stop at any store buy a bottle of water cannot find one under $2. Not talking internet in bulk price. Can get cheaper yes even at Walmart when you buy in bulk. I was referring to one bottle purchases.

A dollar or 26 baht buys nothing in Canada and I mean nothing. I will be back in June and come back to this thread and post costs if you want.Just tell me what store,s you want priced out.

convenience in thailand is extremely cheap compared to the west. Restaurants, anything in 7-11, laundry..etc. But for things like real estate and fuel and cars and things like that Thailand isn't really a bargain.

For me, one of the main joys of life in Thailand is the ease and convenience that can be had at low cost - I love the simple life I can lead here. I'm not sure why so many are keen to pay through the nose to recreate the same kind of life they had back home, with added restrictions and hassles.

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

blink.png

OK

For me, one of the main joys of life in Thailand is the ease and convenience that can be had at low cost - I love the simple life I can lead here. I'm not sure why so many are keen to pay through the nose to recreate the same kind of life they had back home, with added restrictions and hassles.

i like cars a lot. High horsepower fast fun cars. There is nothing that will ever take that out of my blood. I can like a lot of the other things but if I live here this is something I will always crave. Since you are a car fanatic you can obviously understand this right?

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

blink.png

OK

i like cars a lot. High horsepower fast fun cars. There is nothing that will ever take that out of my blood. I can like a lot of the other things but if I live here this is something I will always crave. Since you are a car fanatic you can obviously understand this right?

I miss my car, but I content myself with driving on trips back home. Car ownership here just seems more trouble than it's worth for me.

Alberta guy, your post is biased and I can make the same biased post in favor of Canada which I will now.

I own a rather small 44sqm condo in the very center or Toronto. Current selling price is $259,000 (7 million baht).

A condo on Sukhumvit 24 that is around 30 square meters and will look like a ghetto in 10 years (as I pointed out on another thread) is going for 6mil baht from the developer. This big city price example good enough for you?

Sure, I pay tax and maintenance on my condo. Tax it $120 a month and maintenance is $365, but that includes unlimited heating/Aircon and electricity. Sure, maintenance in Thailand is much lower, but that explains the many developments that end up looking like a dump.

Taxes are high in Canada, but my uncle is going through an experimental cancer treatment which will most likely cost the tax payer a million bucks. Free for him. Canada wins big time here,

Cherries, berries, strawberries are much cheaper in Canada. So is a good quality beef and Manuka and various NZ honey. Probiotics and vitamins.... much cheaper.

Average supermarket in Canada is really well supplied even in crappy city like Hamilton. You can find a lot of imported stuff that would in Thailand cost you an arm and a leg.

Insurance costs more because they actually pay out even if you are at fault, unlike in Thailand.

As mentioned before, Cars, electronics, phones (buy without a plan like in Thailand) is cheaper.

The only thing I find cheaper in Thailand is the cost of transport and meds.

Everything else is more expensive. Period.

And your example is from one of the most expensive cities in one of the most expensive provinces to live in where hydro costs are some of the highest in Canada, yet still lower than in Thailand. To add to your illustration, there are additional benefits that many people overlook;

Critical care: If you suffer a stroke or heart attack or other life threatening illness that requires prompt and immediate intervention, you are unlikely to get it in Thailand. Maybe if you drop in close proximity to a major urban center hospital, you might be saved. More likely than not, you will die or if you manage to survive, be seriously damaged. There is a golden hour for heart patients. Miss it and you suffer. This is an important fact that the elderly foreigners or those with chronic disease do not appreciate.

The reality is that the longer foreigners are in Thailand, the more likely they will need to access trauma care, whether it be for cardiac emergencies or other issues. For example, Thailand was still inserting the majority of stents via the groin until very recently. The radial wrist method of inserting cardiac stents was pioneered at the Montreal Heart Institute, yet Thai cardiovascular surgeons were relying on the old method of groin insertion which resulted in more complications and bleed outs.

- Access to low cost and abundant water: Open a tap in most Canadian cities and you get clean water. Even Toronto's tap water is decent. The ability to obtain a reliable supply of potable water makes a major difference in the quality of life.

- Reliable infrastructure: Even in Toronto, with its problems, its infrastructure is far more reliable and efficient than Bangkok's. Small cities have reliable, safe, affordable public transit.

- Need emergency assistance? Well in North America the EMS, Fire and Police services are available and able to respond appropriately for most residents. If your building has a fire in Thailand, chances are that there will be relatively significant property loss and/or physical injury. In Thailand, the question is, what's a paramedic lol.

- Safety Thailand's carnage of the roadways is well known. However, what is intentionally overlooked is the low quality construction and the absence of the enforcement of basic safety codes. Thousands of avoidable deaths and injuries every year occur in Thailand because of this and it costs.

- Drugs It's a myth that drugs are cheaper in Thailand. In most cases,they are not. Generics in the Canadian market are priced relatively cheap and that is because of the provincial government mandated price caps and bulk buying programs. If one is part of a provincial drug program, drugs are less costly in Canada. One is more likely to be given a counterfeit product in Thailand than in North America, he EU or Australia. Sad but true. Many novel drugs are not available in Thailand for the simple fact that intellectual property theft is a way of life in Thailand and the owners of the drugs refuse to play.

Corruption: It adds a cost to everything in Thailand. Consider it the 10-20% hidden cost. It is higher when you are in a jam and it can wipe you out when in a serious predicament.

Many foreigners in Thailand live their lives on the financial edge. Thailand is not a country to be in if you are of modest means or have limited savings. There is no safety net and no government assistance. There are no social workers, or mental health professionals to intervene. Single and develop alzheimers? You are screwed and will be stripped of your assets. Sick and in need of a health care advocate? It won't happen. Get into a dispute with a Thai and unless you are wealthy and well connected enough, be prepared to be ripped off. That's the environment. The cards are stacked against foreigners, no matter how smart they think they are or how many Thai inlaws are coppers or army personnel. I've seen it first hand, and it takes very strong people, and ones who have the resources to stand their ground.

Have a disability? Good luck and see you at the airport as you leave.If you want to live in Thailand with an impairment, budget for an attendant(s), because no one gives a flying F. about you.

Edited by geriatrickid

If you can'afford to live in Thailand, then where can you afford to live?!?! Seriously!

Get out of the "tourist hotspots" and learn to adapt. I'm not saying you should give up all your hobbies, never eat Western food again, never take a taxi or go to the movies, etc. but many Westerns are happy living here (myself included).

If you can't make it work here, the odds that it'll be any better/easier back in the West aren't looking too good for you.

Good bye and good luck.

- Drugs It's a myth that drugs are cheaper in Thailand. In most cases,they are not. Generics in the Canadian market are priced relatively cheap and that is because of the provincial government mandated price caps and bulk buying programs. If one is part of a provincial drug program, drugs are less costly in Canada. One is more likely to be given a counterfeit product in Thailand than in North America, he EU or Australia. Sad but true. Many novel drugs are not available in Thailand for the simple fact that intellectual property theft is a way of life in Thailand and the owners of the drugs refuse to play.

Can't buy drugs in the UK without going through a doctor. Then the cost is 8.4gbp (420bht)

Here, I can order my own antibiotics from the pharmacy for 50bht a strip (Moxillan 500, 10 tablets).

Or pain killers Tramadol, same price, 50bht a strip. Viagra 150bht a packet.

Most of your post was about stuff I have no use for. I'm not going to use EMS, and I'm not a cripple.

Drinking water from a tap, or delivered on the back of a pickup, what does it matter?

Edited by BritManToo

Live in Canada and find a Canadian GF/wife?

Possible, but it would be an ass thing to do.

The bigger issue is that I have nothing in common with a typical Canadian woman.

Not judging, but it is what it is.

I wonder what the age difference is between you and the gf?

I wonder if you could find a similar aged and similarly submissive one in Canada. Lets stop all the BS and talk str8.

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

blink.png

OK

Restauraunts its not cheap in Thailand.

If talking about western style restaraunts with western style qualityrolleyes.gif

If you can'afford to live in Thailand, then where can you afford to live?!?! Seriously!

Get out of the "tourist hotspots" and learn to adapt. I'm not saying you should give up all your hobbies, never eat Western food again, never take a taxi or go to the movies, etc. but many Westerns are happy living here (myself included).

If you can't make it work here, the odds that it'll be any better/easier back in the West aren't looking too good for you.

Good bye and good luck.

some style life( as example western quality style) in Thailand hight cost..

But even lowcost life.. can be as example cheaper in Phillipin, Cambodia,Myanmar etc.

Even in some countries, the village community can give you land and "women". And no one in community care about your VISA or ask for a visa or passport. And and the authorities do not interfere in the affairs of these communities.
Can live on what you grow up, gather in the forest, hunting, exchange with other members of the community- WHITH OUT ONE PENNY!!
Edited by ardokano

People come here expecting their expenditure to be catapulted back to what it was in 1985.

Any price increase - especially in the cost of a beer - is greeted with howls of protest by some farangs. It's almost as if they feel they're being deliberately targeted.

If you're the kind of fella that throws a wobbly over a 10 baht price hike on a full English breakfast, you need to consider moving on to Cambo or Laos

The fantasy of Thailand as a place to live like a prince on a pauper's budget has been replaced by cold, hard economic reality for some and that's just too bad

if you wanted to pick apart his post you could have just mentioned it's a S-class...E-class and BMW uses the term "series". His point otherwise was completely logically sound.

yes you right about terms.

But it's not metter.

can any brand say.

even different brand just mean as class car..

M3 and S250CDI?rolleyes.gif

My point is- need compare simmular...

And if say about life style..

In many country for same money can get much more upper style life..

Its mean C - class( 3 series , etc) be more cost when S- class( 7 series, etc)

and ofcouse if compare toyota camry 2.0( is C class?) in Thailand with another country S class Merc top series?

Yes I guess it can be cheaper In Thailand when NEW.. wink.png

The fantasy of Thailand as a place to live like a prince on a pauper's budget has been replaced by cold, hard economic reality for some and that's just too bad

In Thailand cant live even as normal simple western qulity life for near double western budget.

Becouse in Thailand near 0 produce any western qality stile..

All import!! And hight cost customs fees..

only thai style life cheap or "fake" western style.

As some owner chines fake car bmw logo(I see few time) attached its not be BMW..

People come here expecting their expenditure to be catapulted back to what it was in 1985.

The only cheap I expect here is pussy.

And it's now still a lot cheaper, younger and more attractive than I could get in the UK in 1985.

clap2.gif

Thats realy honestly..

Someone mentioned how surprised I'd be about prices when I go back to Canada. Well...I am back in Canada. I own a small condo in downtown Toronto (mortgaged) but because I have a renter there I'm staying in my mom's place in Hamilton. Now here is the thing......

Even in a dump like Hamilton, there are some really nice supermarkets with the choice of food and prices that are light years ahead of anything offered in bangkok. You have to remember that Canada is about 15-20% more expensive when it comes to groceries yet I find it cheaper than Thailand. I don't drink so I can't compare the prices of booze.

Apartments in Hamilton are old. War era buildings converted to condos and can be had relatively cheap. 100k can get you a 2 bedroom, but the thing is once you renovate it it will be of better quality than anything that's being built in Thailand especially condos which sell for 6 million baht minimum and look like ghetto in 10 years.

After staying in Canada for 10 years my gf would be eligible for pension even if she didn't work at all. If we buy something cheap and both of us work minimum wage we would be taken care in old age even if we didn't save a penny. Combine that with free healthcare and cheap meds for seniors this looks like a no brainer.

Right now we both earn a decent income. Not great but it's 100k a month combined. I live in her townhouse that she fully paid off and can afford to stay in nice hotel every weekend. It's just that this might not last and I am truly concerned about living in Thailand in old age. I have asthma and high blood pressure. One heart attack and it could leave me bankrupt.

Go home

Why the Thai Baht is tied to US currency is beyond me, since it's obviously damaging to Thai economy, exports, and the tourist industry etc.

The Thai baht hasn't been pegged to the US dollar since the 1998 Asian financial crisis.

Prior to 1998 the Thai baht was pegged to the USD at approx 25 baht per dollar. Since 1998 the Thai baht has floated against the US dollar, and ranged from approx 50 baht to 27 baht per dollar.

Maybe in name Gecko 123 but it's certainly acting like it's tied, why would the Baht be so strong?

Presumably it is strong because it is in demand - tourism, trade, expats remittances etc - I very much doubt that the Bank of Thailand would have the resources to prop up the currency to any degree.

For the twenty zillion, quillionth time:

http://www2.bot.or.th/statistics/BOTWEBSTAT.aspx?reportID=80&language=ENG

Big sigh!

Indeed, if people checked they would see that Thailand has in some cases more foreign holding s on hand than their home countries.

The Thai baht isn't remarkably strong, western economies and governments are financially incredibly weak. They are printing money as never been seen before and everyone is wingeing that the baht is strong.

This is patently idiotic. The baht is on its long winding way back to where it was in 1996.

All the rest of it, is simply a recovery back from the crash.

Recovery from crash? Everything is relative. The baht has been depreciating against the sing dollar since the crash. How do u explain that?

Recovery from crash? Everything is relative. The baht has been depreciating against the sing dollar since the crash. How do u explain that?

it's the other way round mate! beginn of 1998 one Sing Dollar bought 33 Baht. today one Sing Dollar buys <26 Baht.

from 2002 onwards THB and SGD moved more or less parallel vs. USD.

post-35218-0-14233400-1460889600_thumb.p