Can't afford to live in Thailand anymore

theguyfromanotherforum

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So about the nsa style rights abatement , up north..' the other north american country '.

Trudeau must have got ' the talk', after being elected .. the same talk that American presidents receive after taking office. .therefore he let it stand. This device Im using, allows me being tracked, and what Im interested in.

A new study which can be googled is 'can most people come up with $400. Many can't, and the author is saying on his rounds of news shows, that the American dream costs $130,000. Kids in college, a couple cars in da garage..

I'll find the link if need.

Makes Thailand more interesting, no?

So about the nsa style rights abatement , up north..' the other north american country '.

Trudeau must have got ' the talk', after being elected .. the same talk that American presidents receive after taking office. .therefore he let it stand. This device Im using, allows me being tracked, and what Im interested in.

A new study which can be googled is 'can most people come up with $400. Many can't, and the author is saying on his rounds of news shows, that the American dream costs $130,000. Kids in college, a couple cars in da garage..

It's here, and it's good

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/05/my-secret-shame/476415/

It's here, and it's good

I read it. What this article tells me is that half of Thai Visa posters are lying about their wealth,

It's here, and it's good

I read it. What this article tells me is that half of Thai Visa posters are lying about their wealth,

Strangely enough, I gave up work for profit in 2001 when I realized I wasn't getting any further ahead.

Moved out of London and downsized my living and housing expenses.

After my divorce, mainly moved out of the UK and further downsized my outgoings.

Now I'm fairly stable financially, no need to work.

Thailand/Spain/France, all good places to eak out your pension.

UK/Australia(/America?/Canada?) completely hopeless unless you're loaded or able to find well paid work.

The article doesn't say anything about ThaiVisa posters, as most of us are retired and/or accumulated our wealth before 2000.

Another point of interest, which the writer fails to acknowledge, his financial problems are caused by a lazy non-working wife. Even though his family is in financial trouble, the last thing she is going to do is work and contribute. "Oh sorry darling, I can't get my old job back as a film executive" ....... I bet there are plenty of vacancies for office cleaners though?

Edited by BritManToo

It's here, and it's good

Strangely enough, I gave up work for profit in 2001 when I realized I wasn't getting any further ahead.

After my divorce, mainly moved out of the UK and further downsized my outgoings.

UK/Australia(/America?/Canada?) completely hopeless unless you're loaded or able to find well paid work.

The article doesn't say anything about ThaiVisa posters, as most of us are retired and/or accumulated our wealth before 2000.

You are right. It doesn't say anything about a Thai Visa poster, but it does say plenty about the psyche and mentality of a Westerner and please forgive me for being politically incorrect, the average American.

For example, I don't doubt there are well off pensioners or people who accumulated wealth, but in Thailand they may be losing it all to decisions they make. Gf, her family and keeping up with the village joneses.

For example, I don't doubt there are well off pensioners or people who accumulated wealth, but in Thailand they may be losing it all to decisions they make. Gf, her family and keeping up with the village joneses.

Most pensioners have their income from monthly payments from company or government pension schemes.

We don't have access to any capital, just the monthly income, making it perfect for dealing with Thai ladies demands.

She can spend all my money, but only until the end of the month.

Sorry, no money, you'll have to wait!

As for my accumulated wealth, my former wife in the UK took care of that problem for me.

And looking back, if she hadn't divorced me, I would have been worse off financially (and in every other way), nothing would have curtailed her financial demands.

Now, I can enjoy an evening of flirting for the price of a few drinks, sex with a wide choice of attractive younger partners any time I like for $30.

Try getting either of those from your wife or live in girlfriend, it ain't gonna happen.

A few beers down the pub, with nobody to say no.

My time is my own, to spend how I like, I'm free.

Edited by BritManToo

You are right. It doesn't say anything about a Thai Visa poster, but it does say plenty about the psyche and mentality of a Westerner and please forgive me for being politically incorrect, the average American.

so you are the only one with a Thai girlfriend immune to making stupid decicisions and i am the only one with a Farang wife and we don't have to cope with the village Joneses because we don't live in a village?

by the way, you never answered my question concerning Canadian income tax. any special reason?

so you are the only one with a Thai girlfriend immune to making stupid decicisions and i am the only one with a Farang wife and we don't have to cope with the village Joneses because we don't live in a village?

by the way, you never answered my question concerning Canadian income tax. any special reason?

Sorry, what Canadian income tax? Can you repeat and I'll answer.

BTW, there is no way in hell for me to know anything about you or any other poster for that matter.

However, I will go with stats here. Half of the stuff I read is probably bs.... especially when it comes to money as the article states.

Sorry, what Canadian income tax? Can you repeat and I'll answer.

BTW, there is no way in hell for me to know anything about you or any other poster for that matter.

However, I will go with stats here. Half of the stuff I read is probably bs.... especially when it comes to money as the article states.

my question was and is a very simple one. if you move back to Canada what is your income tax liability?

Naam.... up until last year while living in Thailand I was a resident for tax purposes even though I haven't spent a day in Canada. My accountant advised me that this year I should file as non resident which I did. I am now liable for 25% on investments I have in Canada, which is really just my condo that is mortgaged.

So, when I move back to Canada, my tax liability will be zero until I start having income again.

Why do you ask?

Naam.... up until last year while living in Thailand I was a resident for tax purposes even though I haven't spent a day in Canada. My accountant advised me that this year I should file as non resident which I did. I am now liable for 25% on investments I have in Canada, which is really just my condo that is mortgaged.

So, when I move back to Canada, my tax liability will be zero until I start having income again.

Why do you ask?

You are a real confusing poster to follow.

Here is part of your original post

The exchange rate for Canadian dollar has never been lower. I see the same goes for AUD$.

You started this thread talking about exchange rate for the Canadian dollar. Now you say you have no income from Canada so how does exchange rate have anything to do with you in Thailand? You also in other posts say your Gf pays for everything. Then in another post say between the 2 of you both working,you cannot live to the standard you could live in Canada. you jump around like you have a reality understanding problem.Do not take that as an insult it just is very hard to be in threads with you the way your appear to contradict yourself so often.

Why do you ask?

You are a real confusing poster to follow.

Here is part of your original post

The exchange rate for Canadian dollar has never been lower. I see the same goes for AUD$.

You started this thread talking about exchange rate for the Canadian dollar. Now you say you have no income from Canada so how does exchange rate have anything to do with you in Thailand? You also in other posts say your Gf pays for everything. Then in another post say between the 2 of you both working,you cannot live to the standard you could live in Canada. you jump around like you have a reality understanding problem.Do not take that as an insult it just is very hard to be in threads with you the way your appear to contradict yourself so often.

The thread is a year old. Last year Canadian dollar was low and I was paying taxes on top. Canadian dollar is now almost 28, which is better than 25. I have now closed my sole proprietorship in Canada and will be making money almost tax free.... it is a bit complicated and it may not work. I don't know.

Last year I was not married, this year I got married. I never said my wife pays for everything. I said she lets me live in her house rent free, helped me with money for marriage extension (which I will give her back) and put her own money for marriage show. She also added me to to her company health insurance plan. So, yes... she helps me heaps and I do return the favor in other ways, but she doesn't pay for everything.

I don't see what's so confusing except that yes...with all this, I still can't have a western lifestyle in Thailand.

Why do you ask?

i wanted to find out whether you considered the tax savings when living in Thailand based on my assumption that you have offshore income which obviously you don't have

my tax liability will be zero until I start having income again

It's here, and it's good

Yeah! Gotta be careful..

I still think the American dream costs less than 130k.

Something said, 'yeah, Indiana costs less then California '

There are many places to live, but Thailand has many attributes, and many things are less expensive. . Rentals are like middle America, the Midwest, come to think..

Alohz

cheesy.gif

Most pensioners have their income from monthly payments from company or government pension schemes.

We don't have access to any capital, just the monthly income, making it perfect for dealing with Thai ladies demands.

She can spend all my money, but only until the end of the month.

Sorry, no money, you'll have to wait!

As for my accumulated wealth, my former wife in the UK took care of that problem for me.

And looking back, if she hadn't divorced me, I would have been worse off financially (and in every other way), nothing would have curtailed her financial demands.

Now, I can enjoy an evening of flirting for the price of a few drinks, sex with a wide choice of attractive younger partners any time I like for $30.

Try getting either of those from your wife or live in girlfriend, it ain't gonna happen.

A few beers down the pub, with nobody to say no.

My time is my own, to spend how I like, I'm free.

'Now, I can enjoy an evening of flirting for the price of a few drinks, sex with a wide choice of attractive younger partners any time I like for $30.'

You must be very handsome manbiggrin.png

Why do you ask?

Your accountant has informed you of course that you must file income tax and declare the rent from condo. Failure to do so could get you in very hot water.Your tax would probably be zero but the tax return must be made.

Why do you ask?

Your accountant has informed you of course that you must file income tax and declare the rent from condo. Failure to do so could get you in very hot water.Your tax would probably be zero but the tax return must be made.

Can you read again what I wrote champion?

Of course I am declaring my condo rental and I am paying 25% tax on it. Tax is not zero as zero tax does not apply to non residents.

Funny accountant some have. To advise on tax return on a Condo Rental?.Why , any idiot can work that out.

May I prove to you why your comment makes no sense and you probably don't have 5 bucks to your name?

Let me know if you accept the challenge.

If you have something to say, just say it.

P.S.

I have 10 dollars to my name and I accept your challenge.

Future wife eh. So I would expect there will be children to follow?

Then what do you do. Stay here and keep Mrs happy or go to Canada and give your kids a far better chance at a decent future?

Very little future for kids in the western world.

50% of Americans don't have $400 in savings.

Can't imagine Canada is better, when I was there it was another cold and lonely shit-hole.

Great for a weeks ski-ing, or a week boating and canoeing, no work to be had though.

And the women appeared to be the most aggressive feminists in the world, the men were truly whipped.

Edited by BritManToo

Then what do you do. Stay here and keep Mrs happy or go to Canada and give your kids a far better chance at a decent future?

Can't imagine Canada is better, when I was there it was another cold and lonely shit-hole.

Great for a weeks ski-ing, or a week boating and canoeing, no work to be had though.

And the women appeared to be the most aggressive feminists in the world, the men were truly whipped.

I guess you skipped Montreal on your journeys?

Quebec women are quite open minded and don't mind socializing even with older men.

Difference is, unlike Thailand they don't even expect payment.

Heck, I lost my virginity in Montreal to a 30 year old <deleted>.

Sorry, but Thailand does not even come close to true, genuine fun I had there..... and I am totally docile and anti social.

Do not know how long you were there but you certainly got a good grasp on reality in Canada.We call the women feminist nazies.

Quebec women are quite open minded and don't mind socializing even with older men.

Sorry, but Thailand does not even come close to true, genuine fun I had there..... and I am totally docile and anti social.

so is that why you are married to a Canadian woman? Oh wait...you married a Thai woman. Do you have multiple personalities?

so is that why you are married to a Canadian woman? Oh wait...you married a Thai woman. Do you have multiple personalities?

Actually, I married an Australian woman when I was living in Montreal.

Wondering if you always stalk other posters with your drivel? At least if it was making any sense.....