Thai Govt To Investigate Massive Monk Pilgrimage

Lite Beer

So when Suthep and his boys shut down Bangkok and did all that crap the military just sat back and let it happen and now monks are walking they want to get involved. Odd?

Not at all odd, the military weren't in charge during the "shutdown".

• Like 1

"At least 1,000 monks marched in the event, which called Pilgrimage for Victorious Dharma, Path of the Saints who Defeat Evil, Dharma Walk to Restore World's Morality"

Catchy.

"I have instructed the National Office of Buddism to summon those related to the pilgrimage for a discussion in order to find a solution to the public's troubles, especially the issue of traffic," Suwapan said yesterday. "We will also look into the behavior and practice of the Dharmakaya sect."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh! sad.png This may not bode well?whistling.gif

• Like 2

This is the Dharmakaya. Not sure where they fit into the present situation. I guess someone got a little jittery what they are marching for.

Their support group probably includes the mothers/mothers in law/wives of quite a few influential people. A force to be reckoned with!

So are you taking bets that the world's morality will be restored? Assuming it ever existed.

Haha. It would just be a case of most people in power not wanting to take any risks that they might have to cross paths with this lot. Literally and metaphorically. Paranoia is rising and I bet some people are afraid where the cookie monster might be likely to hide.

Perhaps it would be better thought of that the General and his cronies are worried that some of these powerful Buddhist groups might usurp their power and possibly create a massive uprising. IE: Egypt....

When a large group of monks make you nervous, you're regime is incredibly fragile.

I can't wait for the next headline: Prayut says..., Prayut orders..., Prayut summons..., Prayut demands..., Prayut commands..., Prayut calls for..., Prayut seeks...

Those monks need an attitude adjustment.

No kidding, especially this sect and its connections.

Looks like they are seeing ghosts in every corner giggle.gif

• Like 1

When a large group of monks make you nervous, you're regime is incredibly fragile.

I can't wait for the next headline: Prayut says..., Prayut orders..., Prayut summons..., Prayut demands..., Prayut commands..., Prayut calls for..., Prayut seeks...

And this sect has lot's of influential connections.. I don't see this going anywhere.. someone opened his mouth to the media without engaging his brain. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Wait till the whole shebang is over and do a cost/benefit analysis. Do they announce a point score in the alleged victory over evil, or maybe a percentage increase in world morality? How about a declaration of the donations/money collected?

So when Suthep and his boys shut down Bangkok and did all that crap the military just sat back and let it happen and now monks are walking they want to get involved. Odd?

Not at all odd, the military weren't in charge during the "shutdown".

Why werent they doing their job of protecting citizens? For that matter why wasnt the police?

I didn't know the military were in charge then?

They've always been in charge. They "werent in charge" when they stole the country from the people were they?

And this sect has lot's of influential connections.. I don't see this going anywhere.. someone opened his mouth to the media without engaging his brain. coffee1.gif

The money trail & where it ends would be extremely interesting. This sect is known to extort extract huge sums from its victims followers.

• Like 1

The money trail & where it ends would be extremely interesting. This sect is known to extort extract huge sums from its victims followers.

Yes they do... large sums.. coffee1.gif

They've always been in charge. They "werent in charge" when they stole the country from the people were they?

Yes they were in charge and even decorated their bunkers with flowers.

Yes they were in charge and even decorated their bunkers with flowers.

Bxllxcks they were not in charge. Just additional security organized by the caretaker government of the day, Yinglucks!