Prayut says drawing foreign interference in Thai internal affairs is an embarrassing act

Lite Beer

Prayut says drawing foreign interference in Thai internal affairs is an embarrassing act

31-1-2558-15-46-011-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha called attempt by a certain group of people trying to draw foreign interference in the country's internal affairs as an embarrassing act.

“Don’t you ever feel embarrassed for drawing them into our own affairs” he said last night during his “Returning Happiness to the People,” Friday night.

The prime minister however neither named the certain group of people nor the foreign country, but suggested that they should stop doing so.

He asked for time for his government to resolve all problems of the country and all to respect the justice system.

Prayut said the country had cooperated with the global community in sending troops to join hundreds of international peacekeeping missions over the past several decades, and now it was time for it to take care of its own problems.

“I would like to tell the international community that my government would like to have time to do things for Thai people and Thailand. We have problems to handle,” he said.

He said he didn’t want any country to help strengthen itself but will do by itself for the best with its existing rules and laws.

He stressed the need to have special law and didn’t want to get into trouble with anybody.

He suggested asking all the Thai people what they really want, and not just asking certain groups, and jumping into conclusion.

He wanted justice for the country and the Thai people, and also for himself as the leader of the government.

He admitted he felt unhappy too but couldn’t let things to go unchecked.

He also said criticism from “friendly nations” of his handling of the country would have no impact on his plan to end political conflicts in the country.

He believed he had taken into account everybody’s comments, but added how much consideration he would give to each comment was something he had to deliberate by himself.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-says-drawing-foreign-interference-thai-internal-affairs-embarrassing-act

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-31

• Like 1

He could not possibly be suggesting certain groups R---- initiated that last meeting which upset so many Thais from a certain --- politician for political favor from that country to use their influence against the current gov to stop a certain case against an unnamed ex leader. Say it isn't so?

• Like 2

He could not possibly be suggesting certain groups R---- initiated that last meeting which upset so many Thais from a certain --- politician for political favor from that country to use their influence against the current gov to stop a certain case against an unnamed ex leader. Say it isn't so?

You appear to forger, or just oversee, the fact that he ALSO met with AV. So how is that showing "political favor"??

You appear to twist my words. I never said I was political favor hehee. As a matter of fact I believe the words I used showed the opposite. You just chose to view it in your own mind your way.

"Don’t you ever feel embarrassed for drawing them into our own affairs” he said last night during his “Returning Happiness to the People," Friday night.

Them? Who's them?

Returning Happiness to the People - "He admitted he felt unhappy too" < quote!

As for 'them!'.... I received an email recently that asked me, "Who do you think you are? You are only a farang!" - < This clearly explains the general concensus of attitudes to where we stand here as foreigners. (The guy who sent me the message does in fact believe he is a philosopher). giggle.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The only embarrassing act, is that the outside world actually gains some knowledge to the circus of Thai politics.

The outside world have known this for many a decade and no amount of help will help them, cause they know it all.

• Like 2

"He said he didn’t want any country to help strengthen itself but will do by itself for the best with its existing rules and laws."

So that means he will also reject all foreign aid. Now there is a man with integrity, who is willing to stand up and tell the world that he and he alone can make Thailand strong and does not need anyone else's help...OR...Is he a man who is the living embodiment of the Groucho Marx quote: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

Not too much aid. A bit of military aid to give the US access.

Agree with him. Thailand does not need US interference. Sort your own country out first and then maybe countries where there are huge human rights issues.

Jesus Christ, if the US press, politicians and public were to descend into moral agonizing every time a foreign government, newspaper, diplomat criticized US policy foreign or domestic, the entire country would grind to a halt.

These things happen, whether you chose to believe them or not, thats your choice but having this Oh so vocal whining session is frankly ridiculous.

You take it on the chin, reflect on it, or not. But real governments just keep quiet, this is close to North Korean temper tantrum.

I guess we should be thankful Sony haven't made a movie about Thailand....then again they'd probably screw up the hack, and whine about it

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

He is a dangerous man. He wants to prove sth to ASEAN... He doesn't matter the cost to his people... His people hate him... he should start there... satisfy the people, then you don't need to make these kinds of statements. But with his military skills... the only thing he knows is war and how to try to defeat his enemies... Peace is not a part of any military agenda... Castro, Hitler, Stalin...and others... were military leaders. And we can see from the past how things went fro them.

If he is accusing the US... well Thailand is a very small fish in a very large pond... it has no meaning for the US.

• Like 2