good experiences off the beaten track in LOS

Rangsitreppin

i was in prachin buri walking around at 3 oclock in the morning by myself in and befriended local security guards sipping beers so i shouted them few ciggarettes and a round and i got nuthing but love .

Many times i just walk up to thais having a drinkin session and say hi then the offer me a seat and a glass of hong tong and ice with singha soda water and we drink untill the sun comes up.

Once i was doing a visa run from patts and i got side tracked and spent a day near ban chuen beach and got hammered with some old ladies doing the ramwong half the village showed up to see the drunken farang dance around in circles it was hilarious.

Pretty shameful to see the complaining about thailand these days when there is clearly a few bad apples doing bad but thais are hit and miss and majority are pretty cool and love to see cheery foreigner who dosent take him self to seriously and who isnt scared to speak a little thai and crack a joke or 2 .

• Like 1

I went out at 3 am also, got into a knife fight and had to pull out my gun with the locals, shot 3 dead but my friendly BIB sorted that for me......on the way home was attacked by a Tiger but managed to wrestle it to the ground, skinned it and ground its bones up to sell to the Chinese.......all in all a win win for everyone.

• Like 1

Gotta agree again Rangsit, Thais off the tourist trail are invariably friendly and welcoming,lovely people to spend some time, with but with one caveat, if lao khao is in that mix then all bets are off.

If you don't know the folks well, trouble can break out all of a sudden.I've seen too many fights or shouting matches erupt, either over minor slights and perceived insults or long term grievances brought to the surface due to dutch courage.

Gotta agree again Rangsit, Thais off the tourist trail are invariably friendly and welcoming,lovely people to spend some time, with but with one caveat, if lao khao is in that mix then all bets are off.

If you don't know the folks well, trouble can break out all of a sudden.I've seen too many fights or shouting matches erupt, either over minor slights and perceived insults or long term grievances brought to the surface due to dutch courage.

fights and shouting is part of the fun.

I put it down to entertainment value