Phuket burglars hit two expat houses

Lite Beer

Phuket burglars hit two expat houses

Eakkapop Thongtub

1422761278_1-org.jpg

Mr Tiehurst shows where his valuables were before the burglars visited.

PHUKET: The homes of two British expats and their partners in Mission Heights, Thekrasattree, were burgled on Friday night (January 30), with cash and small valuables stolen.

Police believe the thieves may be the same as robbed three expat houses in Bang Rong, a couple of kilometres away, two weeks ago (January 10).

Peter Tiehurst, 54, from Britain and Luksanawan Srisamut, 46, the owners of one of the Mission Heights homes, showed Thalang police a window at the back of the house where the burglars had broken a wire screen window in order to unlock the back door.

They then stole B30,000 cash with the wallet, passport, Visa card, ATM card and an iPhone 4.

Sawanee Hogbrow, 37, who lives with her British husband in another house in the complex, showed the police a side window the burglars had broken through a wire screen climb into the house.

In this instance an iPad mini, a wallet containing B1,000 cash and a purse were stolen.

The owners told the police that they have lived in the houses for many years and had never been robbed even when they left the houses unlocked.

Police believe that a gang of three are involved, traveling by motobike.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-burglars-hit-two-expat-houses-50826.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-01

Broke through wire screens to gain access at both places.

The last 3 houses in the same area were unlocked.

What's with home owners up north? Living in another, nicer, safer era in their minds?

Welcome to the real world (not just Phuket) where houses are locked, dogs and geese patrol, and people are a bit more careful with their valuables.

• Like 1

30,000 baht in the house..... sigh... If you are going to keep money in the house, hide it.

Tuck it in places where a robber will not look, like among dirty laundry, cut the back out of a shower Gel bottle and hide it in there in the bathroom. Literally thousands of places a robber will not look. I have put money inside a toilet roll..... seriously

• Like 1

I had a house broken into once like that and it's a real feeling of violation even though I wasn't home. My house was in a rural area and they bashed in the front door.

They tried to sell something I owned, the buyer was suspicious and called the police. The police caught them and I got my belongings back. It's still a very bad feeling and I hope they can find and lock these guys up for a very long time.

• Like 2

What's with home owners up north? Living in another, nicer, safer era in their minds?

Welcome to the real world (not just Phuket) where houses are locked, dogs and geese patrol, and people are a bit more careful with their valuables.

I think it's just that. There hasn't been robberies earlier and people have been able to live without fear of thiefs.

I have been sometimes sleeping with my front door wide open. I guess I can not do that anymore. It's sad actually. The real world does not sound so nice place.

30,000 baht in the house..... sigh... If you are going to keep money in the house, hide it.

Tuck it in places where a robber will not look, like among dirty laundry, cut the back out of a shower Gel bottle and hide it in there in the bathroom. Literally thousands of places a robber will not look. I have put money inside a toilet roll..... seriously

Thanks for informing potential burglars where to look for valuablescoffee1.gif

• Like 2

If you have an oven, inside it at the back, just don't light the oven

One of the first things I bought when moving here was a safe. Am I the only one?

One of the first things I had fitted were security grilles - on all doors, windows & patio doors. Even the little toilet windows have one biggrin.png

post-35489-0-80715500-1422867627.jpg

Even little bugs and jing-joks can't get in. laugh.png

post-35489-0-80715500-1422867627_thumb.j