Affiliated buses ask for fare hike

Lite Beer

Affiliated buses ask for fare hike

BANGKOK, 1 February 2015 (NNT) - Affiliated buses in Bangkok have urged the government to allow them to increase bus fares and provide assistance measures after the Energy Policy and Planning Office hiked the price of NGV in the transport sector by 50 Satang/kilo.

President of the Thai Bus Business Association Phattharawadi Klomchamrun said the association would call a meeting to consider the effects of the 50-Satang NGV price increase and find solutions to the problem of higher fuel costs. The gas price hike would definitely affect affiliated buses since most of them used NGV, said the president.

After the meeting, the association will request to meet Deputy Permanent Secretary for Transport Phongchai Kasemthawisak on assistance measures for the buses.

The NGV price is now 9.50 baht/kilo.

The association earlier submitted a letter to the Committee of Central Land Transportation, asking the committee to approve a fare increase after the price of NGV was hiked to 8.50 baht/kilo.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-02-01 footer_n.gif

But I thought the price of Oil, Gas, energy had fallen, dramatically.

But on CNG and LPG the govt is reducing the subsidy which has kept the CNG/LPG prices artificially low.. Basically the subsidy for CNG and LPG is being phased out (the govt started last year) which is causing the price to go up.

But on CNG and LPG the govt is reducing the subsidy which has kept the CNG/LPG prices artificially low.. Basically the subsidy for CNG and LPG is being phased out (the govt started last year) which is causing the price to go up.

By 50 Satang/kilo? That must be awful. Maybe if these affiliated buses had decent exhaust and muffler systems fitted, and stopped polluting BKK and the rest of the country, they'd save a lot more than 50 Satang/kilo, and probably gain a few baht per kilo in reduced costs?? rolleyes.gif

The bus operators made all those suggested improvements on the last 50 stang/kilo increase. Just ask them.

Additionally muffler systems just increase exhaust back pressure (really) which reduces fuel mileage. So, rusted-out or no mufflers is preferred to maximize fuel efficiency.

By 50 Satang/kilo? That must be awful. Maybe if these affiliated buses had decent exhaust and muffler systems fitted, and stopped polluting BKK and the rest of the country, they'd save a lot more than 50 Satang/kilo, and probably gain a few baht per kilo in reduced costs?? rolleyes.gif

Though fuel is a major expense, I am sure it is not the only one, I wold assume that along with the price increase request, they made a supporting case why one would be justified.