Where to get a cheap Nokia in BKK

retoohs

Lazada has several starting at B14,200. The big mall chain sellers such as JAYMART, TG PHONE & IT CITY often have Nokias' on promotion. They seem to still have a inventory of Nokia branded phones and haven't started selling the Microsoft branded stuff yet.

If you try different shops in a mall selling phones or computers they all know what the competition is selling and for what price, so you might go to ten different shops and the price can be the same unless it's an end of line clearance model. You can sometimes negotiate a small discount, depending on how much time you have on your hands but you will have more luck in getting something thrown in for free like an accessory. While you can get a big discount on something like a shirt or a pair of shoes, the same doesn't usually apply to electrical items. That said, look at the big retailers including Big C and Tesco as they might have a promotion, just don't expect 30/40/50 % off

• 1 month later...

I like Lazada and order from them often but take note that if any device you buy from them is marked "Imported" and sold by a 3rd party seller, your only warranty is the 15 day return option. Manufacturers warranties are often not valid.

So far I've been lucky and it hasn't been an issue but complex devices can be expensive to repair.

Thanks. Funny thing is I found one in Nee Zealand before I returned to Thailand for about 14000b with international warranty. When it was delivered it was all in Thai language. Presume it was grey market but as I'd never mentioned Thailand to the seller was amused. BTW the Nokia 930 is fantastic once I got my head around the OS and will not be going back to iPhone