M8 android box

loppylugs1

bought in BKK ,came with pre loaded apps,but no good for me,need to download fresh ones and looking at you tube to do it. Got it hooked by cable to TV via ethernet switch via comp plus got WI FI

One problem is it asks me to sign in to Google,which I have tried as have Google account,does not recognise,will have to create new one? .

Anybody else have problems?

it is asking you to make a google account so you can use the Play Store - so go to google.com and sign in / sign up as a new user and once you have done that, put those details in your playstore login details on your M8

Edited by joncl

Thanks for the info. Did buy at Lazada BKK for 3560baht,came fully loaded but their fully loaded is different to western loaded. Yes made new Google account to access M8,transferred it back to comp account,so OK.

Gees its like a Chinese puzzle setting it up,got Popcorn for movies,but looking at getting news etc.Sky etc. Just mess around with it I guess Ill stumble on the right path I hope

Thanks for the info. Did buy at Lazada BKK for 3560baht,came fully loaded but their fully loaded is different to western loaded. Yes made new Google account to access M8,transferred it back to comp account,so OK.

Gees its like a Chinese puzzle setting it up,got Popcorn for movies,but looking at getting news etc.Sky etc. Just mess around with it I guess Ill stumble on the right path I hope

Through your M8 box, Go to tvaddons.com, download xbmc/Kodi for android, ( it's on the front page of the website ) then get the instructions from the TVaddons site to install the HUB wizard and install it. This will fully load your xbmc/Kodi with addons to view just about anything.

Spend some time on the tv addons site checking out how xbmc works and start playing with your system downloading addons.

For movies and TV shows you'll want the 1 channel, genisis, and maybe entertainment hub. They all do the same thing but are set up slightly different. For an easy live TV addon install The vdubt25 addon it has a hundred odd live TV statiins including sky sports bbc etc. Note some of the live channels may not work sometimes but the developer of the add on tries to keep them up and running.

There are a huge number of utube videos to show you how to set up pretty much everything. Just search xbmc set up xxxxxx or whatever.

If you can handle the initial setup and take a little time to move up the xbmc learning curve then you will never have to buy a pay cable TV service again and you will have the ultimate TV viewing options.

Through your M8 box, Go to tvaddons.com, download xbmc/Kodi for android, ( it's on the front page of the website ) then get the instructions from the TVaddons site to install the HUB wizard and install it. This will fully load your xbmc/Kodi with addons to view just about anything.

Spend some time on the tv addons site checking out how xbmc works and start playing with your system downloading addons.

For movies and TV shows you'll want the 1 channel, genisis, and maybe entertainment hub. They all do the same thing but are set up slightly different. For an easy live TV addon install The vdubt25 addon it has a hundred odd live TV statiins including sky sports bbc etc. Note some of the live channels may not work sometimes but the developer of the add on tries to keep them up and running.

There are a huge number of utube videos to show you how to set up pretty much everything. Just search xbmc set up xxxxxx or whatever.

If you can handle the initial setup and take a little time to move up the xbmc learning curve then you will never have to buy a pay cable TV service again and you will have the ultimate TV viewing options.

Great,thanks for advice,will give it a go Like to get shut of the apps already installed and start afresh,hope its straightforward

Used to have UKTV,but only ever used it for catch up TV , the 6 to 7 hour time gap was the killer Will purchase VPN and get BBC i player

Great,thanks for advice,will give it a go Like to get shut of the apps already installed and start afresh,hope its straightforward

Used to have UKTV,but only ever used it for catch up TV , the 6 to 7 hour time gap was the killer Will purchase VPN and get BBC i player

Normally the M8 box has xbmc/Kodi preinstalled so if yours had you can skip installing that and just install the xbmc hub software from tvaddons.com. There are instructions on the site as well as utube vids to help you.

For The vdubt25 addon just utube vdubt25 and take his latest video. He recently converted his live TV to an addon so the video you want is from late December early January .

Want buy a m8 box can someone provide a complete channel list ?

Just think pretty well any channel you can imagine.

But not 100% reliable, as a lot of them depend on individuals streaming them.

Edited by Chicog

The M8 is just a standard Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android smart box that connects to the Internet.

What it does depends on what apps you load onto it. If you're interested in International Video, then download apps providing that.

Ergo, there is NO COMPLETE CHANNEL LIST ...and there's probably a very good reason why people don't provide them.

Thrugh xbmc/Kodi you can get live TV channels from all over the world. Unfortunately finding the right m3u list is the problem. The current m3u list I use has now got 8999 live channels and it's useless case I cant find anything without scrolling for hours. It used to be a manageable 300 channels but the owner has done something to it.

There are a couple of xbmc/Kodi addons that provide live Channels, vdubt25 has 100-200 channels and he tries to keep them working. Another which I've just found is a thai based addon called uplayhd that pretty much copies the pay service ilikehd. I haven't gone through all the channels yet but the streaming quality is excellent.

For The vdubt25 addon just utube vdubt25 and take his latest video. He recently converted his live TV to an addon so the video you want is from late December early January .

He has a good list and I used to do his EPG (electronic program guide) for his old PVR list and continue to do it for others ..

post-63721-0-42337900-1423532916_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

Am new to Android box setup looked for ''ilikehdtv'' app on Google Play but it is no longer there, need help.

Go to tvaddons.ag and download tvmc for Android.

It will install and configure loads of streaming addons for you with minimal effort or expertise required.

I do not personally use my primary google account, I initially did so and noted it downloaded all my mail. If the box gets stolen they are not generally pin protected, and anybody would be able to gain access to all email very easily.. I ended up doing a factory reset and setting up a new throwaway account purely for the box.

Might be something to consider.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Am new to Android box setup looked for ''ilikehdtv'' app on Google Play but it is no longer there, need help.

considering i downlaoded it on friday, i would suggest you look again.

its a horrible app by the way the UI is garbage.

wish they had a kodi plugin