Bring The Kids To The Uk!

I brought my wife to the UK about 18 months ago and planned to bring her children here a few months later. Due to circumstances though things did not go to plan, but we are now ready to go ahead.

We have their father's permission, but I know that things are more complicated than just getting this. Having dealt with my wife's application in Thailand and subsequent further application here, I am pretty well versed in the visa application department. My wife now has a full settlement visa.

My problem is more to do with making sure that we have the correct paperwork.

Can anybody help point me in the right direction, perhaps a good solicitor?

I am in a vaguely similiar position to yourself. Have you checked any of the info (you probably have) on 'ukvisas.gov.uk' under Adopted Children INF7.

I am currently in Thailand for the next 4 months and am hoping this is going to to be sufficient time to sort things out. I'll be visiting a Thai solicitor for an initial consultation within the next week or so then hopefully progressing with the adoption. I'll post you any useful info as and when I have it.

Actually, you need INF 6. (I hope the URL works - the site is very hostile to being hyperlinked into!) Note that the concession for children under 12 has been lost.

Unfortunately, the most useful document would be the children's father's death certificate, but I do not recommend murder.

These leaflets do not state all the relevant law - I am advised that the 'human right' to family life makes it much easier to get a visa, at least on appeal. I shall see.

Curiously enough, some solicitors also work as immigration appeals adjudicators!

Richard.