Number of victims in Thailand's deep south drops constantly

webfact

Number of victims in deep south drops constantly

YALA, 2 February 2015 (NNT) — Deaths and injuries caused from incidents in the southern-border provinces has decreased by half due to the NCPO's policy, said the SBPAC Secretary-General.

The Secretary-General of the Southern-Border Provinces Administrative Centre (SBPAC) Panu Uthairat reported that the situation in the southern-border provinces since June 2014 had improved significantly with a decrease of deaths and injuries down 52 percent.

The SBPAC Secretary-General cited a survey conducted at 37 districts of 5 provinces shows that 76 percent of the public have more confidence in safety, and 72 percent believe that peace will eventually come.

The involvement of the village headsmen and the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)’s policy that oversaw effective district-level operation centers largely contributed to the improved situation.

The SBPAC Secretary General said all sectors must work together to completely solve the issue in the south. Efforts in education, infrastructure development, public relations, bureaucratic system improvement, and justice must be cooperative.

The SBPAC Secretary-General also mentioned that the SBPAC will be holding the 'Good Stuff From the South' fair to sell good products to the public in the near future.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-02-02 footer_n.gif

Man this would be GREAT news if true. I would dearly love to make that part of Thailand my home for a few years.

Edited by garyk

Man this would be GREAT news if true. I would dearly love to make that part of Thailand my home for a few years.

I'd go for it, even today. I spend a bit of time in Songkhla, and I'm firmly convinced my chances of getting taken out by a scooter on the sidewalk in Bangkok is higher than the risk of any violence in Songkhla. But I don't drink or chase women so my priorities and activities are different than most.

In fact, the most dangerous thing in SKL is the 12-15 year old's (illegally) riding their scooters like I used to ride my bicycle at that age- like I was bulletproof.

Can't speak for the rest of the South, but I love Songkhla and I'd move there in a minute if they'd mail my paycheck down there.

Of course the numbers will be considered fake because it does not suit the PTP agenda.

When the figures are proven correct it will be considered a fake news story.

When the news source is considered respectable they will attribute the drop in terrorism to the weather!

Last time it was the flooding.

They will under no circumstances revel in the fact there are less innocent people killed or injured. But then it should be no surprise when those same people supported others that cheered terrorist attacks. They will more likely reel in the fact of an increase of victims because that will make the Junta look bad. Such is the way of terrorist supporters.

Thank God the deaths have gone down as far as I am concerned.

Bless the Junta for reducing the deaths and bless the innocent victims that it has helped. I would say the same if the PTP reduced the death rate as well. Unfortunately that was not the case.

Lets hope the Junta can reach zero as they did in Bangkok...

Well done.

Edited by djjamie

I'd go for it, even today. I spend a bit of time in Songkhla, and I'm firmly convinced my chances of getting taken out by a scooter on the sidewalk in Bangkok is higher than the risk of any violence in Songkhla. But I don't drink or chase women so my priorities and activities are different than most.

In fact, the most dangerous thing in SKL is the 12-15 year old's (illegally) riding their scooters like I used to ride my bicycle at that age- like I was bulletproof.

Can't speak for the rest of the South, but I love Songkhla and I'd move there in a minute if they'd mail my paycheck down there.

Songkla is not a problem, although a little boring for nightlife. I have spent a few weeks there.

I can't remember hearing about any bombs there, unlike Hat Yai, which has had a few bombs over the years.

The problem areas are in Yala and Naratiwat. You definitely do not want to be living down there, although there is a "Wild East" entertainment area in Kolok, where even I would not venture after dark, catering to the Malaysians.

"The SBPAC Secretary-General cited a survey conducted at 37 districts of 5 provinces shows that 76 percent of the public have more confidence in safety, and 72 percent believe that peace will eventually come."

Just drivel. Peace came eventually in Vietnam, Behind the Iron Curtain, the USSR satellites, Timor-East, etc. Peace will someday come to the Korean peninsula and the Middle East. I get the feeling that this survey and some followup feel-good propoganda is a setup for the military to declare that it has accomplished peace in the South without having to hold peace talks with the insurgents - thus meeting its promise for peace in the South in 2015.