Big size helmet

Kaalle

Looking for a place to buy a good quality helmet, big size that is. I have a big falang head so I guess I need something imported to be comfortable. Sure I can wear the regular cheap ones but they don't cover very good.

Thanks

There is a good shop with a wide selection in Phuket Town, at the intersection of Phuket Rd and Ong Simbee Road, near Robinson's/McDonald's. If they don't have the size you want they can order for you.

A good helmet is the best investment you can ever make if you opt to travel in Phuket by motorbike -- I had two accidents over the years that resulted only in concussion (and cracked helmets) that otherwise would have been serious or even fatal.

It never ceases to amaze me that the locals are so fearless to ride around without them, yet they live in constant fear of ghosts!

• Thanks 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is a good shop with a wide selection in Phuket Town, at the intersection of Phuket Rd and Ong Simbee Road,

You sure that shops still going?

Follow stevenls advice and go try some if it's your first proper helmet.

Honda Bigwing in Phuket Town sell some Bimola helmets starting at around 2k THB. Other big bike dealers like Kawasaki surely have also a few. There is also Bike Saloon in Phuket Town.

Don't save money on a helmet.

phuketsub: every time I see parents carrying a baby on a scooter without any protection whatsoever in this traffic, I lose my faith in the local population that I built up.

There's a shop in Town across from Big Wing, opposite gas station. They sell bike and cycling apparel as well as helmets.

Another one is in the same street where Kawasaki dealer is located. Sorry, forgot the name. The shop is about 100 m from Kawa heading north. Lots of helmets and other stuff

Edited by Babooshka

You'll get nothing DOT approved here. Best import your own and take care of it.

I bought a couple of Bell helmets from the USA, one open face and a fullface depending on the bike I'm riding.

Can't put a price on safety and I'm not risking my life with a thai made ice-cream container.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll get nothing DOT approved here. Best import your own and take care of it.

I bought a couple of Bell helmets from the USA, one open face and a fullface depending on the bike I'm riding.

Can't put a price on safety and I'm not risking my life with a thai made ice-cream container.

There are lots of DOT approved helmets in Thailand, however Thailand doesn't recognize DOT as they have a superior TIS rating here :)

Shoei, HJC, Shark to name a few are all DOT rated...

XL sizes ? Go to Paddock and try a few on...

I just bought a couple of HJC helmets back from Singapore, but literally this afternoon just saw a place with a whole stack of them. Just past the Ducati shop heading from Central to Chalong on the left. No sign outside the shop but boxes of helmets that you could see through the window.