New car first wash/wax, need advice

vento

Hi. Just got a new car a few days ago.

Its not an expensive car at all, but i would still like to give the best possible (or close to) wash/Wax of the car to preserve the vivid colour of a new car.

How/what to do? Where should i go, which products is best?

Thanks in advance

p.s. im in Pattaya and/or Bangkok

Another vote for glass coating - which on a new car is pretty straight forward DIY that will only cost you around 1,000 Baht in product.

Unless you'd prefer to wax it every 2-8 weeks, and want to be continuously buying new surface care products ;)

Utley, on 05 Feb 2015 - 21:33, said:

The general rule of thumb is to not wax a new car for a year in order to let the paint completely cure.

Yes ... as stated go here ... http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/26967-don-t-wax-your-car-least-30-days.html You will probably find that when you get your new car it's a few weeks old anyway ... the label on the seat belt should tell you which month it was manufactured.

Glass coating every time .........................

Glass coating every time .........................JAS21

I must admit that didn't even consider DIY on glass coating --although when I brought the car in BKK I got a real lot of freebies thrown in, (free insurance, also 50% reduction on GC....etc..etc )

I have been really impressed with the GC, as far as stone chips etc are concerned, 2 years on now & I travel a lot on country roads---had a small accident up in Issan & thought would have a problem with GC & the new panel, but many of them (GC) have opened up here now. Just run it through the car wash-- looks like new.

Any Metalic 3 Pak looks good with just a wash,all that splodge making any difference is all in the mind.May benefit solid colours i suppose.

Nar, it's not in the mind Pops, but it does require eyes that focus I guess tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

Any Metalic 3 Pak looks good with just a wash,all that splodge making any difference is all in the mind.May benefit solid colours i suppose.

Dark colours are prone to water marks no matter how well they chamois off the water post wash. Glass coating eliminates this.

The general rule of thumb is to not wax a new car for a year in order to let the paint completely cure.

I think this was valid years ago but with the clear coat most cars have now this is not true anymore.

Dark colours are prone to water marks no matter how well they chamois off the water post wash. Glass coating eliminates this.

My ride is dark blue mica, only ever used non-silicone wax/polish. Never have water marks.

Good for you.

Another vote for glass coating - which on a new car is pretty straight forward DIY that will only cost you around 1,000 Baht in product.

Unless you'd prefer to wax it every 2-8 weeks, and want to be continuously buying new surface care products wink.png

Hi, what exactly is 'glass coating'? where do you buy it so cheaply?

Thanks

Unless you'd prefer to wax it every 2-8 weeks, and want to be continuously buying new surface care products wink.png

Hi, what exactly is 'glass coating'? where do you buy it so cheaply?

Thanks

Lots of info in the other thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/703163-best-polish-and-wax/page-2

You only need to remember 2 words CLAY BAR. Google it and buy some. Your paint will be like new for life. Use it on your auto glass as well. NOTHING will take microscopic grime from your finish better.

Edited by csabo

You only need to remember 2 words CLAY BAR. Google it and buy some. Your paint will be like new for life. Use it on your auto glass as well. NOTHING will take microscopic grime from your finish better.

Step 4 seal the paint.

Either glass coat it or use wax.

• 9 months later...