Benelli TNT300s

jchfriis

For the sake of Lord Buddha... just go out and buy a d@mned bike.

coffee1.gif

For you, and your small displacement and 2 up fetish, go for a used CBR500 for 150k or so, and leave us in peace. biggrin.png

Oh pardon the hell out of me for existing.....go buy one yourself.

Riding with my missus is a "fetish" is it? Some odd ideas you have boy...or maybe you are thinking of 2 up with a Ladyboy?wub.png

CBR's are back busters and wrist strainers..oh and they sure as hell don't cost 150k new, or can't your read?

Grumpy/Happy make your mind up, oh okay I am assuming you have your grumpy head on today bah.gif .

coffee1.gif

allan you aren't about to buy any bike at any moment.........you sure do like talking about it though.

seriously who gives a <deleted> about power curve peak hp and all that crap when your buying a 300cc bike,bennelli,honda,yamaha 300cc bikes are all entry level bikes for most people would use them to get experience on and than move up to whatever style engine size suits them, the 150cc-300cc is not a bike you are gonna love and cherish for 30 years.

Cr*p -- it's horses for courses. I've been a biker in UK for 40+ years - exclusively a biker since I never owned a car until coming to Thailand. Big bikes, small bikes, Jap, German, UK & especially Italian bikes, up to 900cc - 20 in total. I have UK advanced riding qualifications.

Right now, I ride a 300 simply because I can't justify buying anything bigger. I tend to ride what we'd call in UK 'country lanes' - 3 or 4 digit roads - and almost never go on the local highway. I only do about 3000 km a year and never less than 300 or so km at a time. I don't ride in company - because I don't know any other bikers in my locality - and don't take a passenger. A bigger bike wouldn't mean I'd travel any faster than I do on my 300 - I travel at up to the maximum speed I consider safe, bearing in mind the hazards we all know exist on Thai country roads. The 300 does that admirably.

You might say that my riding style, nowadays, means I'm no longer a 'real' biker, whatever that is. My reply would be "B*ll**ks".

A bigger bike would be a complete waste of money and potential performance. Why buy 150 hp when 40 hp will do what you want?

Incidentally, my favourite bike of all those I've ever owned is the lovely 250cc bike in my avatar. Yes, small bikes can most certainly be loved & cherished.

Ignore this bloke's advice, AllanB - keep asking your questions. There's not much better than idle chat about bikes.

being a biker is not about the cc of the bike.

a 100 cc bike also can do what a 250 cc bike can do here too.

so for you 40 hp might cut for another a liter bike just cuts.

for you safety means up to the limits of a 250 c but for another it is 1000 cc.

every bike can be cherished as long as you love bikes.

For the sake of Lord Buddha... just go out and buy a d@mned bike.

coffee1.gif

For you, and your small displacement and 2 up fetish, go for a used CBR500 for 150k or so, and leave us in peace. biggrin.png

Oh pardon the hell out of me for existing.....go buy one yourself.

Riding with my missus is a "fetish" is it? Some odd ideas you have boy...or maybe you are thinking of 2 up with a Ladyboy?wub.png

CBR's are back busters and wrist strainers..oh and they sure as hell don't cost 150k new, or can't your read?

Grumpy/Happy make your mind up, oh okay I am assuming you have your grumpy head on today bah.gif .

better get a second hand er6n or better er6f.

i see them going for 130 k nowadays.

and use it forever with fun and reliability and gobs of torque and power from that tractable 650 cc twin and same weight with a 300 cc Benelli:) i though Chinese metal is sh...itty as tin but not the case with this bike it looks like:)

dont listen people saying japanese engines blow up, that is ridiculous and one in 10 000 possibly.

especially, i hear lots of engine blow up problems with KTM bikes nowadays and again lots of problems with indian make duke 390! (aka paper weight)

• Like 1

coffee1.gif

allan you aren't about to buy any bike at any moment.........you sure do like talking about it though.

seriously who gives a <deleted> about power curve peak hp and all that crap when your buying a 300cc bike,bennelli,honda,yamaha 300cc bikes are all entry level bikes for most people would use them to get experience on and than move up to whatever style engine size suits them, the 150cc-300cc is not a bike you are gonna love and cherish for 30 years.

Cr*p -- it's horses for courses. I've been a biker in UK for 40+ years - exclusively a biker since I never owned a car until coming to Thailand. Big bikes, small bikes, Jap, German, UK & especially Italian bikes, up to 900cc - 20 in total. I have UK advanced riding qualifications.

Right now, I ride a 300 simply because I can't justify buying anything bigger. I tend to ride what we'd call in UK 'country lanes' - 3 or 4 digit roads - and almost never go on the local highway. I only do about 3000 km a year and never less than 300 or so km at a time. I don't ride in company - because I don't know any other bikers in my locality - and don't take a passenger. A bigger bike wouldn't mean I'd travel any faster than I do on my 300 - I travel at up to the maximum speed I consider safe, bearing in mind the hazards we all know exist on Thai country roads. The 300 does that admirably.

You might say that my riding style, nowadays, means I'm no longer a 'real' biker, whatever that is. My reply would be "B*ll**ks".

A bigger bike would be a complete waste of money and potential performance. Why buy 150 hp when 40 hp will do what you want?

Incidentally, my favourite bike of all those I've ever owned is the lovely 250cc bike in my avatar. Yes, small bikes can most certainly be loved & cherished.

Ignore this bloke's advice, AllanB - keep asking your questions. There's not much better than idle chat about bikes. [/quote wow you are getting your knickers in a twist,read my post again I said MOST people would use these bikes as a stepping stone,of coarse you will get people buying to use as commuter bikes or a run around for the town and hold onto them for a longer time.

Haven't got a clue what your going on a bout with your riding style and real biker comments seems a liittle paranoid to me.

I like the Yamaha as well but a close look shows a lot of corner cutting too finish wise

Agree.

People are on about buying budget, low spec, beginner bikes, and honestly expect top-end specs and finish, etc?

Look at the little chopstick forks and swing arm on the 286cc Thai manufactured Honda (One that hasn't blown up.)

But then you just need to go to any Honda dealership and look at the level of the employees they hire, and it is quite amazing that people give them any sort of credit.

coffee1.gif

That's not just honda, crap staff is endemic to Thai companies

At least they can manage maintain a presence in every town, as soon as you have a problem with the benelli , you will wish you bought the honda or yamaha.... :)

I would actually say Honda or Kawasaki. Yamaha (big bike) dealers are as rare as Benelli dealers ( I would suggest).

My local biggish city has one Benelli dealer but no Yamaha (just as an example)

You don't need a bigwing dealership to repair a 286cc honda, any of the smaller shops that sell the cbr150/250/300 are capable of service and repairs

The benelli dealer wouldn't have anywhere near the experience and track record of honda dealer (although saying that I have had bad service at Honda before on something as simple as a &lt;deleted&gt;-in oil change, they forgot to tighten the bolt and the oil started falling out)

I already have a secondhand bike I don't want another, in addition to why the owner of such a nice bike is selling, there is the question of who has had their hands on it. I don't trust the dealers here at all, so I won't shell out £3k for another maybe.

Plus I think the 300 sized bikes will probably be okay around town, as I don't ride fast anywhere.

Benelli's nice sound and reasonable looks beats my NV, the CB300 has nothing to offer in that respect.

With a Benelli dealership versus the many Honda places, would the Benelli be better informed, notice I don't use the word trained, cause they ain't?

I already have a secondhand bike I don't want another, in addition to why the owner of such a nice bike is selling, there is the question of who has had their hands on it. I don't trust the dealers here at all, so I won't shell out £3k for another maybe.

Plus I think the 300 sized bikes will probably be okay around town, as I don't ride fast anywhere.

Benelli's nice sound and reasonable looks beats my NV, the CB300 has nothing to offer in that respect.

With a Benelli dealership versus the many Honda places, would the Benelli be better informed, notice I don't use the word trained, cause they ain't?

Informed of what?

Informed of what?

Where the spark plugs fits in the engine and which way to turn it to tighten it.

• Like 2

Informed of what?

Where the spark plugs fits in the engine and which way to turn it to tighten it.
clockwise to tighten it....But maybe clocks in Thai run the opposite direction ? :) Edited by speedtripler

Yep, heavy and it lacks ABS. Really interesting new points here on page #12 thumbsup.gif

Many (but not all) posters criticizing Benelli are bringing up some valid points but your defending this bike while riding your CBR 150 I don't understand.

Chinese bashing maybe isn't right but your bashing of Chinese bashers grew into bashing everyone who don't agree with and who's criticizing this Chinese Italian bike. You look like an ass now.

• Like 2

No ABS may be a shame , although many new bikes dont have it , and nearly all scooters . Will it be offered as an option next year ? . The weight is 15% heavier than the Honda with a rider on board . Supprised if this is concern , or even felt as the road reports mention how light and well balanced it feels . It could have been over engineered , but i think its because lightness costs . Lets hope more of the owners post their findings . The dealers numbers are growing , but i hope the franchises are carefully selected . Too many dealers providing very poor service .

• Like 1

Some of the "Honda" service centers dont seem to have the full Honda backing , or servicing quality . Honda "bigwing" centers seem to be the best bet , although from experience , im not 100% confident , evenwith these . I asked this question a while ago , but nobody knew for sure . It seems some smaller places just flog Hondas , and other bikes , and have no further connection with Honda . Not a place i would want to trust to do my valve clearances . Benelli needs to get the service centers right . From what i have seen in Chiang Mai , it looks a small , but clean and well run place . Build them , and they will come ! .

• Like 1

I can understand you guys buying big sports bikes and then tonning it around Thai roads to get that buzz, I don't condone it but I was once young and foolish and do get it. In this case performance/handling is everything, even though the bike a dull as dishwater, looks like just another boring sports bike and sounds like a screaming sewing machine, when you are on the edge with you trousers on fire, it really doesn't matter.

But these little 300s are not going to be generating any such serious adrenaline, so the bike at slow speed, looks and sound matter and matter a lot. Sitting at the lights on a CB300 and then have a smart Benelli pull upside of me, well that would depress me no end.

So I think the looks and sound are right up for these bikes.

• Like 2

But these little 300s are not going to be generating any such serious adrenaline, so the bike at slow speed, looks and sound matter and matter a lot. Sitting at the lights on a CB300 and then have a smart Benelli pull upside of me, well that would depress me no end.

sitting at the lights on a benelli 300 and then have a smart ducati scrambler pull upside of me would depress me a lot

Edited by pokerkid

I can understand you guys buying big sports bikes and then tonning it around Thai roads to get that buzz, I don't condone it but I was once young and foolish and do get it. In this case performance/handling is everything, even though the bike a dull as dishwater, looks like just another boring sports bike and sounds like a screaming sewing machine, when you are on the edge with you trousers on fire, it really doesn't matter.

Just buy it then, we will wave when we thunder past on our boring sports bikes - I just must be young and foolish :D

Just buy it then, we will wave when we thunder past on our boring sports bikes - I just must be young and foolish biggrin.png

post-63974-0-61739500-1441785468_thumb.j

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

Good we have this platform to discuss that a bit more laugh.png

Some people here at TV always are start comparing the Benelli TNT300 (called BN302 in some other countries) with Ducati or other much bigger +600cc bikes. Never have seen this happen before. There must be something with the Benelli that makes them nervous. And some even start playing the "i have the bigger bike" card now. Curious what comes on page #13. Maybe the "i ride much more than you" card? biggrin.png