Estimate Of Number Of People Relocating To Thailand Per Year?(farang)

skoperism

Hi Guys and Girls,

I was just wondering if anyones had any educated guess or facts on how many farrangs come to live in thailand on a extended stay per year. My definition of extended in this situation being 6 months +. My definition of farrang being somone from a wealthy country that speaks english(As a first or second language).

Thanks for your help.

Hi Guys and Girls,

I was just wondering if anyones had any educated guess or facts on how many farrangs come to live in thailand on a extended stay per year. My definition of extended in this situation being 6 months +. My definition of farrang being somone from a wealthy country that speaks english(As a first or second language).

Thanks for your help.

:D

Perhaps you are a 'farrang' who speaks 'english' as a second language and need some sort of reassurance? :o

If so, there is nothing wrong in that, but I do think you need to explain a lttle more as to what you really mean by your question and why you are asking it... :D

I gues that rules out a majority of the proud non english speaking french..

Do the chinese, malays. and eurasions from Singapore with english as their first language qualify as farangs? Why are you so particular of a farangs's origins? Are you doing a survey? :o

I gues that rules out a majority of the proud non english speaking french..

Do the chinese, malays. and eurasions from Singapore with english as their first language qualify as farangs? Why are you so particular of a farangs's origins? Are you doing a survey? :o

Oops wrong quote, meant for that Ralina person. :D

thats a very fine question my friend and leaves one pondering the answer. :D

i think that we could find the answer from the department of immigration. :D

anyway im giving you the tip, and that is, i cant wait to retire in los. :D

cheers good friend :o:D

I'm really not sure why this question is raising so many aggressive answers.

It is pretty clear he was also asking about non-native english speakers (ie speaking english as either a first or second language). Not sure how far a non-english, non-thai speaking french person would get in Thailand, so not sure what the problem is here?

Also, we have had numerous questions along this line in the past, as well as far more personal ones such as "how much do you make" "where are you from" "how long have you lived here" etc etc

Perhaps the OP is just curious. What is the big deal?

A more interesting figure would be to know the numbers of returning to Farang Land with their tail between their legs (or not, according to what they've been upto and if they got caught).

We hear many a fanfare of new arrivals, those that mess up tend to sneek off back home quietly.

A more interesting figure would be to know the numbers of returning to Farang Land with their tail between their legs (or not, according to what they've been upto and if they got caught).

We hear many a fanfare of new arrivals, those that mess up tend to sneek off back home quietly.

yes,

but they would like to keep that quiet thanks mate . :o

cheers :D:D

Not sure on how many but the numbers are set to explode.

The baby boomers in the USA are retiring and dont have enough money to live a decent life with.

In Europe old folks sit around in the cold in homes that are paid for and probably worth around 15-20 million baht.

A wild guess for me would say that maybe 250 per month are arriving at the moment?? Thats folks with a long term intention.

My definition of farrang being somone from a wealthy country that speaks english (As a first or second language)

Yes, the poverty stricken Swiss, Germans, Swedes, Norwegians . . . Why can't these bastard peasants speak English as a first or second language!!!!!

SBK, the ire could be because it sounds quite arrogant.

Edited by Sing_Sling

My definition of farrang being somone from a wealthy country that speaks english

Yes, the poverty stricken Swiss, Germans, Swedes, Norwegians . . . Why can't these bastard peasants speak english as a fiorst language!!!!!

There is already too much competition for English teaching jobs! :o

Can’t answer for anyone else, but I intend to move away from the UK when I retire, there are lots of reasons and some are.

My pension I have paid into for 50 years is so low I will about exist on it.

My last winters gas/heating bill was £800 for 5 months

The capitol I have in my house will keep me in comfort for the rest of my life in Thailand.

So with my pension and a few quid a suitcase on wheels passport and living in Thailand has to be better than warming my thermals on a radiator before I go out in the freezing cold for a pint that costs £2.50 or a fish supper that costs £4

Les

thats a very fine question my friend and leaves one pondering the answer. :D

i think that we could find the answer from the department of immigration. :D

anyway im giving you the tip, and that is, i cant wait to retire in los. :D

cheers good friend :o:D

I doubt if the immigration dept have a clue how many are living here. They do probably think that they have an awful lot of tourists who for some reason return to the country on a very regular basis!

Anyone know how many, approx, native speaking English teachers are employed in Thailand?

I have no idea how many, but quantity is not everything, quality counts too. A failing in either of which is evident by the appalling standard of English in Thailand.